Gold!!!

Phatboi.1748

@Phatboi.1748 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:Silverwastes, the lab farm, fractal 40, and so on.

Wait, Silverwastes? All I ever do is spend needless gold there for NPC boosts, How do MAKE gold at Silverwastes?

Search for guides on RIBA farm. Typically you have the entire map spread out and doing a loop tagging all events. None of the events should really run a risk of failing with everyone spread out. You do the breach and VW followed by the champs and one chest farm run. You then convert all excess badges on loot bags and then open then on an alt that is around level 51 or so.

It rolls in from practically everything, so "stop spending it" is good advice for where to start. Don't leave easy gold lying on the ground--do your three dailies for 2g/day, do guild missions if your guild is doing them, harvest nodes instead of running past them. Other than that, figure out which of the content you like pays the best, and make sure to do some of that regularly. In addition to the high-return things like the Silverwastes farms, HoT meta events and core Tyria World Boss events tend to be good for rare gear drops. Salvage any L75+ rare gear selling for less than the price of an ecto and sell the ectos instead. Sell it if it's going for more than an ecto in price.

Right now, farming the labyrinth and selling the ToT bags is easy money. In a couple of months, do the same with Wintersday Gifts. Park some alts on rich iron nodes or where they can do quick runs for hard wood or seasoned wood, or leave one in Lake Doric for the leather farm.

It'll add up pretty fast if you're focused on the goal, and you don't even need to grind your face off doing the few things with the biggest returns unless you really want to.

Best suggestion to date, don't spend it. Have about 18K from the last few years just selling everything that drops and not buying much of anything. Yes, I probably put in more hours than a lot of people but I also don't buy much or horde a darn thing. I also primarily play wvw and do not do fractals or dungeons but do raid. I only save enough materials to craft whatever I want to do next. I'm saving mats or legendary armor set. If its not one of the mats I need, off to the TP it goes. I don't care to get every armor or weapon skin, sell sell sell. I don't care to get all the dyes colors as I have the few I want, sell sell sell. Gold is easy this way.

I play where I want, when I want. At the end of a session I salvage anything that does not have a trading post value greater than what would result from salvage and sell it on the TP. While I'm sure most people who farm in a dedicated fashion make more than I do, I make enough to buy gems when the gold-for-gems price dips (usually between sales). As a result, I never seem to have a lot, but can always get more.

How? Play the game. Fractals, silverwastes. Auric basic meta. When the PvP season starts do rank and can earn gold by winning. Dungeons.

As far as best? IDK. Silverwastes is prob easiest since so much ancient wood you get. And then the meta. But all I do is hit fractals. When meta is in auric basin I go to it. Then if I get bored I finish my story in other characters. Then when auric basin meta pops up go to that. Then on my other character I discover tyria to 100 percent it. Then when it's time go back to auric basin. Then when I'm bored I do PvP ranked. Then rotate all over again. Would do raids but no guild I find is actually into raids. They say they are but I'm waiting a month for someone to start it. But raids are good too.

Salvage, salvage, salvage. Every armor or weapon unless needed by build, salvage it. Then sell globs unless you need them. Only people at 400-500 crafting need globs. If your just casual sell the globs. If not keep them. Usually sell wood. Or leather. Globs unless you need. But you can always buy them back.

As others have said, one of the most important tools for building up a stash of gold is to spend less. We get all sorts of coin and all sorts of loots by doing just about anything in the game and there's very little that we have to spend it on.

If you have trouble allowing money to sit in your wallet, trick yourself by hiding it in buy offers: say you get 40 gold (or 400 or 10, the amount isn't important). Put in a buy offer for the Confetti infusion using just about all of it. Keep putting in new buy offers to hide gold until the day you find something you really need/want, and then cancel as many of your existing offers as you need to pay for it. There's no hidden costs to hiding your money in this way.

Alone from crafting a few items worth between 5 and 10 gold upon selling to BLT - on a daily basis - you secure easily a daily income about 10 gold, or even more. It is only a matter of finding a balance between the time invested at farming and the gain you want (to avoid that you lose all your playing time into farming only).Then, you can also sell the material you get in excess of a stack (for which you have no real use). It is under-estimated how much that brings, cumulating over days. And last but not least, you add to that the income from diverse activities (WvW, Fractals, Metas, certain dungeons, ,...) as well as farming along your way. And here you are, increasing your bank account an average of 15 gold per day (regularly 20 g).Now I would like to kindly highlight that a bit of patience contributes a lot to stacking gold too. No reason to hurry. To set priorities is often the key to afford stuff more rapidly, by doing only one thing at a time. My personal view only. Don't shoot at me for saying that! LOL

Making 1000 gold isn't actually that difficult. What a lot of players don't realize is that they're making more gold than they think, simply from playing the game normally (or ever casually). Doing events, getting resources, chopping wood, mining ore, etc, it all adds up. Selling the excess mats in itself is often enough to collect a healthy sum. Add that to daily login rewards, laurel to gold conversions and daily completion and you're good to go.

Now, if you're in a rush, then you'll obviously want to farm the high income hot spots, such as Fractal 40's, Silverwastes or the currently lucrative Mad King's Labyrinth, but if you hate farming, like me, then it's still perfectly viable to earn lots of gold simply from being an active player, doing whatever you like to do. Sure, you won't make the top 100 list of richest players in GW2, but reaching 1k gold is a relatively simple task by comparison. Of course, it also helps to be disciplined, and not waste gold on things you don't particularly need.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@Tenrai Senshi.2017 said:Making 1000 gold isn't actually that difficult.

(assuming you dont want to do something that you actually enjoy, like playing WvW where you instead spend several gold every day on food and siege stuff while getting like... 1 T1 leather from a synthesizer)

I'm not sure why you'd spend several gold a day on food. Most food is quite cheap, last I saw. Koi Cake, for example, would cost you 12 silvers per hour to upkeep if getting at sell price on the TP. So that's 1.2 gold for 10 hours of play (which I doubt a vast majority of WvW players will reach in a day, and which will easily be made up for just from WvW level and pip rewards). I know there are more expensive foods, but you can always avoid them. As for siege, get people to donate if you are commanding? People get lots of siege from drops in wvw that they don't use. It sells for very little so donating seems like the most logical choice.

And one T1 leather from a synthesizer? Lol. Look, I get that WvW may be behind PvE in terms of income, but when you use that kind of sensationalism to describe it, it's hard to take seriously.

Archived