Weird Keyboard Issue

Recently I've noticed when I hit V in game, I also get an E. I see it in chat a lot. I thought my keyboard was dying, but started to realize if I tabbed out and used notepad (or just hit the Windows key and then hit 'V' to start a search), I don't get the E. When I then alt-tab back to the game, I can press V (say, in chat) and not get the E. Invariably at some point it breaks down again, presumably if I alt-tab out of the game and do something and then come back.

I don't have any keyboard macros. I do use the Logitech Gaming Software and haven't had any issues with it, other than it not 'taking' when I alt-tab back to the game sometimes, and I have to alt-tab or Win-tab, then select the game again, to get it to 'take' and recognize the custom buttons for the game.

I am using that 3rd party software with the neat radial mount UI (that I saw on WP). Now, it so happens that 'V' was the key to mount/dismount before, and the software has you clear that in your settings and then set it up so it uses it. I do notice V is a command for some 'free camera' thing, which I don't believe I use (and assume only works when you turn free camera on)?

At any rate, it's really weird, and was wondering if anyone had ever seen anything like that before, or could offer any suggestions on how to go about debugging it? I guess I should see about removing the cool (sad face) mount radial mount menu to start.

Update: I guess it was that radial menu add-on doing it. Throwing out an erroneous 'E' after a 'V'. I'd say onKeyUp, but if I was fast, I could squeeze a letter or two in quick after typing a V sometimes before the E would show up. I removed the DLL and restarted, rebound my V key to mount/dismount (in either case, one of my Logitech's buttons is pressing V) and it seems to be OK, and I can type without inventing new words. Sad, really liked that mount radial menu addon.

Archived