Imaginary Axes Illusions only use in Melee

Kiroshima.8497

Not sure if intended or not. Imaginary Axes is DEFINITELY NOT a melee attack, but instead summons 2 (3 when traited) little floating axe things that seek out nearby targets. The problem is that axe illusions run into melee range to summon them, usually dying before they can execute the attack (since the shared mirage from Infinite Horizon doesn't last long enough for them to reach their targets THEN summon the axes).

Are they supposed to do that?

I personally would prefer them to just IMMEDIATELY use imaginary axes (in their current position). Basically, I just want to SUMMON ALL THE AXES even though they're kinda bad/silly.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Imaginary_Axes

I think it works as intended. When you look at the description, it states that this skill's range is 200 (almost melee), although the axes released have additional seeking range of 400, so that you can choose to use it while being at some range. However, the clones are just AI and they are programmed to use this attack while being at the 1st mentioned range (200). Anet probably thought that otherwise the axes might miss the target more often due to their weird nature. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.Hope you know what I mean.

Oh, I never even noticed the range on the tooltip, thanks for pointing that out. I hope they change it to just cast in place cause that'd be a lot more interesting. Plus, even when traited they don't seem to compare to the scepter ambush in terms of condition output so I'm not sure how scary it is if it was buffed that way.

@"Refia Montes.3205" said:Also currently, clones only spawn 2 axes instead of three even when traited.

That might be intended. If you look at Imaginary Axes, it always lists the damage as x2 regardless of if you have Mirrored Axes traited or not, and the description doesn't change to include torment. I don't think "Phantasmal Spinning/Seeking Axe" is technically part of the Imaginary Axes, which is what the clones use.

@Cantatus.4065 said:

@"Refia Montes.3205" said:Also currently, clones only spawn 2 axes instead of three even when traited.

That might be intended. If you look at Imaginary Axes, it always lists the damage as x2 regardless of if you have Mirrored Axes traited or not, and the description doesn't change to include torment. I don't think "Phantasmal Spinning/Seeking Axe" is technically part of the Imaginary Axes, which is what the clones use.

It isn't. The behavior isn't consistent with clones. With Mirrored Axes traited, your 3rd auto gets a Phantasmal Axe, so does your clones. Your Imaginary Axes (ambush) get an additional axe while your clone doesn't. Kinda weird that it applies to their autos but not your ambushes.

Archived