possible solution to condi in wvw

Legendofzelda.1278

What if they added another damage modifier to Like they have 3 needed to do good power damage add another to condi for it to do good damage. allot of traits, skills and armor would need to be changed but this would fix the glass cannon condi situation we have (glass cannon minus the glass part). I am sure allot of things would need to be changed so condi can keep up dps like power but that would have a bunch of things to be looked at to make sure condi is still good.

I am also sure things like resistance would have to be changed because its not like we have 100 percent damage reduction protection. though sometimes warrior seems like they have a few lol

I will explain one point : Might is buffing any damage (power based or condition based) BUT protection is only reducing power based damages by 33% which is an issue. If protection would also grant -33% on conditions based damages it would give almost everyone a way to mitigate condition based damage without nerfing anything and it would be balancing conditions based damage on large scale fights. Could also make toughness stat reducing condition based damages as well as power based damages.

@Titan.3472 said:I will explain one point : Might is buffing any damage (power based or condition based) BUT protection is only reducing power based damages by 33% which is an issue. If protection would also grant -33% on conditions based damages it would give almost everyone a way to mitigate condition based damage without nerfing anything and it would be balancing conditions based damage on large scale fights. Could also make toughness stat reducing condition based damages as well as power based damages.

The last thing anyone wants is an unkillable bunker meta. I agree that condi is a problem, but condi should just be nerfed or what OP said. Tbh i think condis should be able to crit, so that players should have to utilize precision+expertise+condition damage.

Sure, but they'd have to do 2 things to make it work:

1) Increase the condition damage output so it's on par with physical damage (which is what it's now if it's allowed to tick the full duration)2) Remove immunity to conditions completely. Under no circumstance should an entire damage type be possibly rendered useless 100% of the time. At best, it should work like Aegis; that needs to be constantly reapplied to block a condition.

@Lord Hammer Hand.4815 said:trailblazer stat need to be removed in wvw :D

Kinda agreed there. It's way too easy to stack up on damage and survival with trailblazer. Or scale down condi dmg so that full viper's did about as much as it did now but trailblazer was a significant dps loss (same as with the difference of soldier and berserker). Then condis wouldn't be ruined but you can't just stack up on trailblazer to deal all the condi damage and survive at the same time.

Archived