GW2-64.exe has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware

I have just purchased PoF for my brother. He cannot complete one of the first story steps. As soon as he enters the story instance "blazing a trail" the game minimizes 3 or 4 times then the game crashes. In the Action Center of his windows 10 machine there is the above error message.

His graphics card is an AMD R7 260X. I have just updated his drivers. I've tried running the -repair command and windows command prompt sfc /scannow. No errors were reported.

He is able to move around the open map without problems. He never had problems with HoT or vanilla. Something in that instance is causing his graphics card to crash, but If I remember correctly It's just dialog that happens there.

Any ideas?

Alright so what ended up working was to run the game with -32 command switch. He was able to get out of the instance and he's moving around crystal oasis training his raptor.Things that didn't work:

Wiped his drivers with DDU and reinstall.

installed latest .net and visual c++

added an registry key called TdrDelay and giving the graphics card more time to recover.

Not really sure why this works but I thought this information would help any one else having this problem.

Thanks for the ideas :)

• 8 months later...

@"Knight In Shining Armor.1708" said:Alright so what ended up working was to run the game with -32 command switch. He was able to get out of the instance and he's moving around crystal oasis training his raptor.Things that didn't work:

added an registry key called TdrDelay and giving the graphics card more time to recover.

Not really sure why this works but I thought this information would help any one else having this problem.

Hello, im facing the same problem too. Can u teach me whats the "-32 command switch" u mentioned? Hope u will see this post !

@Hanamichi.3681 said:

@"Knight In Shining Armor.1708" said:Alright so what ended up working was to run the game with -32 command switch. He was able to get out of the instance and he's moving around crystal oasis training his raptor.Things that didn't work:

Hello, im facing the same problem too. Can u teach me whats the "-32 command switch" u mentioned? Hope u will see this post !

Here you go: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Command_line_arguments(You may have to download the 32-bit client found in 'My Account'.)

Good luck.

I would discourage use of the 32-bit version of the software unless you are running the game on 32-bit version of windows (which isn't supported by the game any longer). That might alleviate symptoms, but it means you're not getting to the root cause.

Start a support ticket and worth with the technical team to try to figure out what's going on, instead of trying to work around it.

Archived