Things I like about Firebrand

Aridon.8362

So far I've played Firebrand and I've really liked it. Down to the animations I would say it is hands down what Guardian should have originally looked like in my opinion. In terms of gameplay I feel as though the Firebrand is essentially the team's driving life force, and when you need a hand it will be there. I've played all of the game modes and I've noticed that random people in PvE don't go down as often when I toss out heals and a plethora of buffs to them, and in WvW when I'm with raiding alongside with my WvW guild I always heal my party and we sustain better than we ever did. Roaming on Firebrand with the marauder gear is also really nice, and one of my favorite examples is in this video:

The game mode I see Firebrand lacking in is in PvP. In my opinion even with the meta build or any variants of it Firebrand is not that great without a coordinated team using comms, and I think it mainly has to do with the amulets not giving the right stats for the job to support and be able to tank well enough to survive a full bomb from the enemy even if at least for 5 seconds after casting renewed focus. In light of this, there are other builds out there that give you a better advantage in PvP besides firebrand, and I personally made one myself that ended up giving me wins in a row from how well it works with the teams I get. That being said I have to give anet a huge thank you, this spec has everything I'm sure guardians have been looking for a long time.

Also this outfit needs to come out so my life will be complete : https://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/8/84/Guardian_06_concept_art_(Judgment).jpg

Firebrand Charr animations are the coolest ever made in GW2, it sucks though that it's only a Condi DPS spec atm, I really want to play as a support aswell but Druid is too OP in that aspect because of GotL and the damn spirits and Chrono is too hard to fix for the balance team...

Ayyyyyyy it's DoNotD! Love your videos man. As awesome as they look though, anyone who takes power FB for a spin roaming (or tries to port this build to pvp) is not in for as glorious of a time as your videos may suggest. It's barely on par with power DH or classic medi guard. Right now its strength is most definitely in party sustain and healing (it's borderline unkillable in 1v1 given the right build) and it's in quite the precarious position considering that its sustain is probably a major target for the nerf bat come this Tuesday.

Archived