Halloween race achievement only for POF - not fair

ItaiF.2084

The Halloween achievement that says to complete the race in under 2 minutes is only achievable to people who bought POF and has mounts!!! - not fair ANET! its an event for everyone so every should be able to complete this achievement with relatively the same difficulty!! Is there an admin here??(even tried it with thief and bow with the right skills and its not possible...)

@ItaiF.2084 said:completed the race with the thief but not under 2 minutes.. and its an holiday's achievement, its suppose to for everyone with relatively the same difficulty!! I dont have to pay to be able to finish the race in under 2 minutes

It's a holiday achievement as an added extra for PoF owners to enjoy. That one, single thing is supposed to be aimed at mount owners. The rest of the festival and everything therein, is for everyone. That seems pretty fair to me.

@ItaiF.2084 said:completed the race with the thief but not under 2 minutes.. and its an holiday's achievement, its suppose to for everyone with relatively the same difficulty!! I dont have to pay to be able to finish the race in under 2 minutes

It's a new part of the festival. You still have 100% access to the core festival as it was released years ago.If you want the mount aspects then pay for the expansion with the mounts.

@Randulf.7614 said:The achievement itself is aimed specifically at PoF players though and isn't compulsory. The race itself is completable without mounts of course.

There are reports of players completing it in under 2mins however with the mount (I have no evidence to back up that claim however)

Yeah I've heard of that.While I never seen it, I would say that's your best option.While not fair, I would say that's the way it is... and this case? Some of these things will never change.

Still remember getting into the game and seeing people gliding to certain vistas or items when I had to take the long way. IF it's true people can beat this thing without mounts, I would say that's your best option at it. Struggle will exist until you get those "quality of life" items like the Glider and Mounts.

Whenever people complain about things like this, I always think about a public event scenario where children and adults can both participate. The children are not adults yet, ergo they should not be allowed to participate in any activity involving alcohol consumption (based on laws in the USA). Is this scenario unfair and should the children be able to consume alcohol because the adults can as well? They need to meet the requirements to participate.

Note: This is not to compare the non-POF to children, just the limitations of children's freedoms.

I'm sure the achievement will be back when you have access to the mounts. It's one achievement and one event. You don't need it for anything but the daily and that gives you a choice out of five total to do three. You're not always going to be able to do absolutely everything you want. What about those who joined around Halloween and don't have the time to level a character to enjoy the labyrinth? Staying on those maps that spawn the doors is a very slow process to get candy.

I can't finish the Mad Memorial because my tailoring is too low to make the boots. Too low to grind it out before Halloween ends and that's something that hasn't been seen since 2012, I'm told. Just how it goes.

The race is an event designed for mount owners, and sadly for you, POF (and a level 80 character) are a prerequisite for owning a mount. I'm glad that ANet added this and gliding to the labyrinth this year, and I don't see why players shouldn't have to meet the requirements to participate.Remember that there are alternative ways to gain the rewards, so you're only really missing out on some achievement points.

are you all serious?? so let them rent mounts only for the race... im not complaning i dont have a mount, im saying its not fair i need to pay to do an holiday content.they can also not make me do this achievement to gain the back piece, give me another one, a possible one... and remember - with relatively the same difficulty!! maybe I dont have the money and just saying buy POF is very childish of you all... The game needs to be equal to everyone (not same content, but equal!!)

From what I understand, said holiday content is doable without a mount, but don't expect to beat those who purchased an expansion where mounts were exclusively introduced as a new feature. If anything, it could be a marketing incentive used to attract people into buying the expansion for those mounts themselves. This is a business to be ran, and those who have not paid for additional services from that business shouldn't be expecting the same from those who have. That's a mindset of entitlement.

I am a firm believer that Halloween and Wintersday should be equally enjoyed by all players, no matter what content they have unlocked for their account. Having a festival activity limited to a certain subgroup of player causes unnecessary tension within the community (at least it has among my friends).

We know that there is a system in place for players to borrow mounts temporarily. If that feature had been implemented into the race event it could have worked as a demo that might have been a incentive for player to aquire PoF, Instead of feeling "locked out".

Not that I have any real passion on this topic whatsoever (I'm about to go to sleep as a matter of fact), but I still see it as expecting to be able to use a feature that wasn't purchased. Halloween and Wintersday are core elements, just as Fractal of the Mists is a core element and dungeons are core elements. It'd be like expecting to play through them with elite specializations just because you can enter them with only the core product.

For what it's worth, even the feature of temporary mounts is a Path of Fire feature you pay for. It seems just seeing the mounts is what the company is banking on as being the incentive for a consumer's purchase. And the opportunity for equal enjoyment is pure subjectivity; there's always those who are impossible to please.

@ItaiF.2084 said:are you all serious?? so let them rent mounts only for the race... im not complaning i dont have a mount, im saying its not fair i need to pay to do an holiday content.they can also not make me do this achievement to gain the back piece, give me another one, a possible one... and remember - with relatively the same difficulty!! maybe I dont have the money and just saying buy POF is very childish of you all... The game needs to be equal to everyone (not same content, but equal!!)

It's equal as you can still get the ghost backpack if you unlock all lunatic skins.Which you can get without that race.

@ItaiF.2084 said:are you all serious?? so let them rent mounts only for the race... im not complaning i dont have a mount, im saying its not fair i need to pay to do an holiday content.they can also not make me do this achievement to gain the back piece, give me another one, a possible one... and remember - with relatively the same difficulty!! maybe I dont have the money and just saying buy POF is very childish of you all... The game needs to be equal to everyone (not same content, but equal!!)

I see your problem. You think you need to do the race in under two minutes to get the back piece. This isn't true. You can finish the collection you need to get the back piece by buying the recipe from a vendor for candy corn cobs and then crafting it. It's more expensive, but free to play players can do it too.

@Ayumi Spender.1082 said:

It's equal as you can still get the ghost backpack if you unlock all lunatic skins.Which you can get without that race.

Which you can't do without the race as 1 of the 6 skins is only rewarded from the race.

The back piece should not be tied to something that players who own PoF can't do nor to the fing stupid as shit Clock Tower that not everyone can do. The crafting alternative is not a viable alternative as it is stupidly expensive and not everyone can afford to craft the other pieces. A viable alternative would be killing 50 mobs.

@ItaiF.2084 said:The Halloween achievement that says to complete the race in under 2 minutes is only achievable to people who bought POF and has mounts!!! - not fair ANET! its an event for everyone so every should be able to complete this achievement with relatively the same difficulty!! Is there an admin here??(even tried it with thief and bow with the right skills and its not possible...)

Why not just work at McDonalds for 3-4 hours and buy POF

This is a b2p game. Racing was added with PoF, it never was part of a core halloween. You can complete every activity during Halloween, you don't need this achievemement, it doesn't block your progress in any way.

I think this game needs even more things like this race to push expansion sales and stop people leeching on outdated accounts.

@Ellisande.5218 said:

Which you can't do without the race as 1 of the 6 skins is only rewarded from the race.

The back piece should not be tied to something that players who own PoF can't do nor to the fing stupid as kitten Clock Tower that not everyone can do. The crafting alternative is not a viable alternative as it is stupidly expensive and not everyone can afford to craft the other pieces. A viable alternative would be killing 50 mobs.

Wrong. You can craft all 18 pieces for the ghostly back pack. That is your alternative whether you like it or not. The 6 boxes from achievements are free, you will still need to craft 12 other pieces for Complete Superstition. So what is 1 more piece? This complaint is ridiculous.I crafted the boot item, for Complete Ignition, because I can’t do the clock tower. Nothing is locked behind the expansion other than the race itself.

Support the game, buy the expansion. Otherwise don’t complain, games adapt and add more features/dlc all the time, and time is not free. You want what other people have? Buy the expansion.

Archived