Virtue/Wings of Resolve

Huskyboy.1053

So in the most recent patch I noticed that Wings of Resolve got a healing nerf. Good for them. But what I wonder is, why is there still a 1.4k heal gap between the Virtue and Wings? In fact, why is there ANY gap at all? The instacast nature of VoR is wonderful compared to the casting time of Wings, but otherwise it's inferior. For support purposes, the leap is nice to be able to target allies that are far away from you. The ability to leap away from danger is wonderful (and in fact Wings clears 3 condis if one of them is immob). And of course it speeds up your movement around the battlefield. The casting time is a significant downside, but there are multiple upsides that make it better than VoR. So seriously, why is there such a huge baseline healing gap?

I think that VoR CD should be reduced (reduced back really) to 25 sec. Though you have to always consider that it can be used even when stunned or even doing something else. You cannot just compare with WoR only on heal value. They both remove same condis anyway.

@otto.5684 said:I think that VoR CD should be reduced (reduced back really) to 25 sec. Though you have to always consider that it can be used even when stunned or even doing something else. You cannot just compare with WoR only on heal value. They both remove same condis anyway.

What do you mean by just comparing it only on heal value? I mentioned many things. Let me make my comparison simpler.

WoR is worse because:

1. casting time

WoR is better because:

1. Gives you a gap closer and therefore speeds up movement
  2. leap finisher
  3. higher healing
  4. extra condi removal (if you're immobilized)

It literally has one disadvantage, which can be overcome so long as you count your opponent's CDs and use it when they've already burned their CC. This is pretty clear HoT powercreep, either the heal needs to go down for WoR or VoR should remove immob too. Or be a blast finisher. Something to make this divide more even.

@Huskyboy.1053 said:

@otto.5684 said:I think that VoR CD should be reduced (reduced back really) to 25 sec. Though you have to always consider that it can be used even when stunned or even doing something else. You cannot just compare with WoR only on heal value. They both remove same condis anyway.

What do you mean by just comparing it only on heal value? I mentioned many things. Let me make my comparison simpler.

WoR is worse because:
  1. casting time

WoR is better because:
  1. Gives you a gap closer and therefore speeds up movement
  2. leap finisher
  3. higher healing
  4. extra condi removal (if you're immobilized)

It literally has one disadvantage, which can be overcome so long as you count your opponent's CDs and use it when they've already burned their CC. This is pretty clear HoT powercreep, either the heal needs to go down for WoR or VoR should remove immob too. Or be a blast finisher. Something to make this divide more even.

I did not say they are compared only on heal value (the opposite) and mentioned that VoR CD should be reduced, so it is on the same playing field as WoR.

I think a base CD reduction from 30 to 25 secs should be good.

Archived