Q: How do I get the RI to show up on my minimap?

Sairenkao.6485

Just throwing it out there, are you sure the objectives in question actually have ri?

As far as I remember there is no setting to activate that shows that info, it's automatic.

But even if there were a checkbox hidden in the options, I don't believe switching computers would change your account settings you previously set on your old computer. My SO uses my computer occasionally and his key bindings, and other settings are different than what I have set on my account, but his settings all show up correctly even if hes using my computer, so I'm inclined to say those aren't tied to the computer but the account.

Strangely enough, I just copied the entire folder from my "working" computer to my new computer and I still couldn't get RI to show up... So it's not a local file/build problem? And since the same account gets RI on one computer and not another, it's not an account setting? What the heck is going on...

@Sairenkao.6485 said:Strangely enough, I just copied the entire folder from my "working" computer to my new computer and I still couldn't get RI to show up... So it's not a local file/build problem? And since the same account gets RI on one computer and not another, it's not an account setting? What the heck is going on...

I did that too, took the file from my brother's laptop and it is not working. also re-downloading the game is not working.

From the reddit post:

The reason why this happens is because the map timers and the tick timer (top of your screen) are based on your local system time whereas the debuff is generated by the server.The timers are based on your system time to save on resources. Make sure they are correct.

explanation by that_shamanThe reason why this happens is because the map timers and the tick timer (top of your screen) are based on your local system time whereas the debuff is generated by the server. The easiest way to figure out if your clock is off is to observe a tick, if it stays on --:-- for a long time this means your clock is off.

and solution, also by that shaman

Try re syncing it with a time server in your configuration screen or use a third party application.

examples

@Sairenkao.6485 said:Well, I didn't do anything and it's working now?

If you're in the US/Canada, your system clock just got automatically set due to DST, which got you back on the same clock as the game servers. However, if there's something odd going on (as it appears that there might have been), it will go out of sync again, eventually.

If windows, you can choose to sync whenever connected to the internet. There are a lot of time servers from which to choose and it mostly doesn't matter which as long as you sync.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

@"mostyyyysz.8962" said:Aphs I found a solution, if u r using windows 10 go to adjust date/time "Set time automatically" and make sure u choose your timezone or you can also set it automatic it should fix the problem :) good luck!

Hey thx mostyyyysz !!! your solution worked for windows 8.1 as well :) Finally 2 years later i can see RI timers lol . Thx again :)

Archived