Projectiles

GWMO.4785

How do they mechanically function? Or rather to be more specific.... How does it interact with reflection? I recently did some testing, and to my surprise. I stumbled upon some crazy stuff. First i tried guardian. The tooltip on the skills such as Whirling Wrath, Binding Blade, Zealot's Defense, Orb of Wrath, Zealot's Fire, Ray of Judgement does not say that these are projectile. Yet these skills cast projectiles and there for can be reflected.

Now here is where it gets more interesting: For my next trial i took my mesmer. And tried the same thing with Mirror's Blade. Despite this skill actually being an projectile (according to the tooltip & wiki). It COMPLETELY ignored the reflection. To be clear, i tried these skills against a guardian's wall of reflection while the person was standing behind the wall. As well as another mesmer's Feedback and ele's magnetic aura. I had about the same results using Ether Clone which is technically a projectile which spawns a clone. All the attacks of the scepter aa chain got reflected. Yet that clone on the third chain did get to spawn. Despite not hitting it.

So... in tl;dr.... How does projectile exactly interact with reflection?

Ether Clone is not a projectile.

And if all of the skills you said were counted as projectiles, there would be a chaos. Most not-looking-like-a-projectile skills would get destroyed by most of the projectile hate. There is already a massive hate for projectiles, if they added those skills that would lead to a chaos.

@Coldtart.4785 said:Mirror blade is unblockable, meaning it ignores reflects too and ether clone is instant hit with no projectile.Well you do not block the attack but rather redirect it towards the caster. Ether clone is also an projectile orb / bolt or however you want to call it. With a clone in addition. The casting projectile gets reflected but the clone does spawn regardless. Which is kinda weird cause if your foe dodges it, the clone does get denied.

@Imperadordf.2687 said:Ether Clone is not a projectile. And if all of the skills you said were counted as projectiles, there would be a chaos. Most not-looking-like-a-projectile skills would get destroyed by most of the projectile hate. There is already a massive hate for projectiles, if they added those skills that would lead to a chaos.Most of the skills called above ARE projectiles. Despite tooltip not saying so

I think you're tripping up on the messy nomenclature ANet decided to use. There are projectiles that can be destroyed and reflected, and there are Projectile Finishers that are part of the Combo mechanic. ANet decided not to label label skills as projectiles likely because they assumed people would confuse it with the latter term.

And Ether Clone is no longer a projectile, since 4/19/16.

Archived