Allow Masteries to level up in ANY area

SNS.8713

Simply reason...

Some people, such as myself, do not enjoy some locations.

I personally don't enjoy the Jungle (Heart of Thorns) location, but love the original (Tyria) and new desert (Path of Fire) locations.

However you can only level up key abilities like Gliding, in those areas, which can make it a bit frustrating and grinding.

I appreciate you do need unique Mastery Points (Green, Purple or Red) to unlock area specific Masteries, but I've collected quite a few unused HOT Mastery points.

I simply don't enjoy level up the ability itself, to then unlock with points, in the HOT area.

Please make it possible to level up any Mastery in, any area.

To take it one step further, perhaps just combine all Mastery points into one type... ? Then we have real freedom to level up the ones we enjoy.

If you don't enjoy locations, you won't need masteries specifically made for a specific content.

Mounts have been made for pof, though they are allowed in other maps.

Glider and other hot masteries have been made for hot, though they are in part allowed in other maps.

As for core masteries, they can be capped in a couple of hours inside cof. Not the best way of fun i do understand, but still not that a big deal to cap em.( Precursor masteries are needed only if you Plan to craft a precursor, fractal of you Plan to do fractals and the only one which is a must is the one for autoloot )

This to underline that the fact that you can use em somewhere else it's only an extra. Don't forget about this.

On the contrary. They should enforce masteries to require their content even more.

Raid masteries should only gain experience within raids, fractal masteries should only gain experience within fractals.

And the spirit shard reward should become available whenever you are in a region with no available masteries to complete even if you have incomplete masteries left.

Check after the 7th to see if people are still doing the Lake Doric leather farm. If so go to the map (unlock if you don’t have it) and do the farm. With the number of enemies that you kill, it provides the second best location to farm XP in the game behind the lab farm which is only core.

@SNS.8713 said:Some people, such as myself, do not enjoy some locations.That hardly seems like a sufficient reason. I do not enjoy doing the Auric Basin meta, but I want the achievement for completing it 100 times. Does that mean ANet should reduce the requirement?

I personally don't enjoy the Jungle (Heart of Thorns) location, but love the original (Tyria) and new desert (Path of Fire) locations.Great. Stick to original Tyria and PoF. What sort of masteries do you need from HoT other than gliding? None of the rest have any benefit elsewhere.

However you can only level up key abilities like Gliding, in those areas, which can make it a bit frustrating and grinding.Only if you choose to grind.You can do the dailies in the LS3 zones, some of which are trivial (even with just mounts). Each of those offers a substantial amount of XP.

Other people have offered other suggestions on how to get all your gliding XP.

The reason masteries are separated — and will remain so — is that they make it easy for ANet to sell copies of each type of game. Free players need to buy some expansion to get core masteries; PoF players need to buy HoT; and vice versa. Combining the masteries obscures that.

• 1 year later...

Archived