[Suggestion] WvW Enrichment (With fancy Aura)

TwilightSoul.9048

I would love to see an WvW Enrichment (Enrichment are infusions for you Amulet, like Kodas) that increases WvW Exp gain and reward track progress by 10% and awardy 1 additional pip.To get this enrichment there should be a bothersome collection where you have to slay and loot a specific item from every single Lord in WvW.And I would like to see a fancy new Aura on that enrichment.

Pro's:Would lure more players into WvW (And force them to actually play in some form of a zerg because some objectives aren't that easy to take)Would be a long time commitment (There are quite a lot of Lords and not all of them are easily accessible)And offers a reward that actually does something for everyone in WvW, not just those with already high World rank.

Con's:General kitten about having more randoms in zerg like we had with legendary backpiece and armor (wasn't so bad after all was it?)More Pips for Afking (They should just make it so that you get no Pips as soon as you have decay on your participation)

In my opinion they should give us an option for every visual effect so that everyone can toggle is own effects.I mean, just think about it when we have a legendary accessoire for every single slot... I would want to use them just for beeing able to swap stats whenever I want without having to clutter my inventory but I don't want my character to be full with all kinds of effects, I'd rather be able to choose whichever effects I like to display.And considering that I would also like to have more visual options.

I do understand you for not wanting more visual clutter, there are some people with pretty ridiculous characters... I don't mind some special effects but they don't get better when you stack as many as possible :D

I would make 3 different ones with your 3 different items listed. After collection is finished you can choose one and then can buy any of them from the skirmish or Laurel merchant. Idk about an aura though. Everyone in wvw would look the same, well the aura anyhow. Perhaps just a small aura around our feet?

@Justine.6351 said:I would make 3 different ones with your 3 different items listed. After collection is finished you can choose one and then can buy any of them from the skirmish or Laurel merchant. Idk about an aura though. Everyone in wvw would look the same, well the aura anyhow. Perhaps just a small aura around our feet?

That's a great idea, I've been thinking about an aura around the feet or even just footsteps but I'm not sure if they'd do that (the footsteps part, because I think they'll keep footsteps as something which is limited to legendary weapons).But having an Aura for our feet (or hands or head) would be nice :)

@Loosmaster.8263 said:

@Korgov.7645 said:The WvW Enrichment should grant +100 Agony Resistance, +10% Damage, and cost 1000 WvW Skirmish Claim Tickets. #wvwthanksfortheinfusionssimplification

Hmmmm... have Agony put on us for entering WvW. Sounds about right.

If you remember the great infusions revamp, the goal was to simplify infusions (for Fractals only). As result WvW amulets lost an infusion slot, and WvW vendors are still cluttered with items with identical stats. The devs just could not be arsed. Basically the PvE devs lined up and urinated all over WvW. Again.

So I would like to return the favor with this design. Let the PvE players riot, and roast the devs for a change.

I like the idea of more Enrichments, especially ones with buffs specific to WvW. Since PvE forces us to choose MF, Karma, Gold, or XP, I doubt very much if Pips, WXP, and reward track progress would be bundled.

I suspect that ANet would also offer alternative methods for acquiring just the buff, without the aura.

tl;dr love the idea; disagree with the OP's implementation suggestion.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:I like the idea of more Enrichments, especially ones with buffs specific to WvW. Since PvE forces us to choose MF, Karma, Gold, or XP, I doubt very much if Pips, WXP, and reward track progress would be bundled.

I suspect that ANet would also offer alternative methods for acquiring just the buff, without the aura.

tl;dr love the idea; disagree with the OP's implementation suggestion.

I actually like the idea of having 3 sperarate Enrichments even more than my original one :) Not only because it opens up more potential Auras but also because it's more reasonable. I just didn't see a point in making a reasonable suggestion since I doubt any suggestion will ever be put into the game without changes so I'd rather make a suggestion that is very appealing to users to get attention to the basic idea, which was a WvW Enrichment, not neccessarily specific effects :)

The same concept would be nice for PvP as well although I don't really know what kind of effects would be interesting for PvP Enrichments since I haven't played PvP in a while but they have reward tracks too so that'd be one possible effect. And on a different note, we haven't seen many new aura's in PoF yet (only konfetti so far) so there's a lot of room for more aura's I think (hope)! (Although there might still be some that just haven't been discovered yet)

@Vavume.8065 said:If they were to make 3 different infusions then I feel it's a no brainer to make the aura's Green, Red & Blue (Team Colors, one color per infusion)

World colors change so you would need all 3. Not bad if you don't lose the current one. They could make one that auto change with your current world maybe.

@TwilightSoul.9048 said:I just didn't see a point in making a reasonable suggestion since I doubt any suggestion will ever be put into the game without changes so I'd rather make a suggestion that is very appealing to users to get attention to the basic idea, which was a WvW Enrichment, not neccessarily specific effects :)

Ha :) Fair enough.That's the best explanation I've seen as to the benefits of an "unreasonable suggestion".

Archived