State of the game?

Kezriak.5076

So I wanna get into raids, no go, I wasnt condi and Im a Necro so im double fucked, WvW? Rewards are slow as molasses and apparently not worth the effort since balance is in a poor state. PvP?

Again, balance as a whole+condi vs power conundrum rife in pvp is apparently a massive issue.

How long as this downturn been like this? I find myself questioning why I should gear ascended, since I enjoy fractals, but currently its condi dps full vipers or get out and even then, the few groups I run into are just elitists and instakick if you dont make it above a certain dps value. How long has the game been in this state?

Everytime I hear about something to do with the game, its got something to do with lack of balance in some aspect, is this a temporary phase or been going on for a while?

@Kezriak.5076 said:...Everytime I hear about something to do with the game, its got something to do with lack of balance in some aspect, is this a temporary phase or been going on for a while?

I'm not going to say there aren't problems, but as for hearing it everywhere, thats because the naysayers tend to be the loudest and most vocal people. Its not perfect but theres still lots of people having fun, loving then game, and pressing on. Don't get bogged down in all the negative comments and people, theres plenty of fun to be had and great people to adventure with, so just go out there and do you. If a group kicks you for instance, start your own or join an active guild so you'll have constant companions to do it with. I'm not saying ignore advice or helpful tips but this is a game and theres no reason you shouldn't be able to play your way, so just go out and have fun the best way you know how. If your having trouble with that right now and you have doubts about the game, maybe its a good time to take a step back for a little while and give yourself a break. Lots of long term players have done this at some point, myself included, and for me when I came back I had some catching up to do, but it was nice to rediscover all the old things I enjoyed and find both new and old friends waiting on me. This is a game and its meant for your enjoyment, so its up to you to decide how the game feels to you at this point in time. Best of luck in whatever you choose~

@Kezriak.5076 said:How long as this downturn been like this? I find myself questioning why I should gear ascended, since I enjoy fractals, but currently its condi dps full vipers or get out and even then, the few groups I run into are just elitists and instakick if you dont make it above a certain dps value. How long has the game been in this state?

Depends who you talk to. Some on the forums thinks the game has been in decline since LS1 ended. Some thing that the game is in the best state it's every been. There have always been DPS elitists in the game, originally kicking people for running MF instead of zerk gear in dungeons. Now, they kick people for running the wrong prof. That's not new; it's just changed to meet the existing content.

Everytime I hear about something to do with the game, its got something to do with lack of balance in some aspect, is this a temporary phase or been going on for a while?

Again, depends who you talk to.

Honestly, if you want to know the state of the game, play it. It's not that time consuming to get highly-efficient exotic gear (not optimal, but gets you in the door) and then join a training guild (if you want raids) or skip gear and just go into PvP and adapt (or WvW). In open world PvE, you can experiment as you like. Invest 10-20 hours and then come back here and ask some specific questions, if you run into road blocks or frustrations.

In short: no one can answer for anyone else what the state of the game is. It really depends more on you and your style (and attitude) than on the actual game.

Archived