Sword fix wishlist

BrokenGlass.9356

• faster auto attack. (should feel more like revenant sword auto.)
  • auto chain persists across attunement swap. (let me swing twice in earth and once in fire.... Please?)
  • smoother, less clunky feeling cast times and aftercast animations on many of the new 3 skills.
  • increase range slightly (even by 10! Major QoL upgrade opportunity here.)
  • increase direct damage on fire and air generally.

Virtually everything else is great. But the sword isn't bad. It's not even weak. what it is, is drastically undertuned.

@Flarre.4850 said:

@Razor.6392 said:Riptide is overtuned and needs nerfs though.

Sword is so overtuned that you see sword weaver everywhere in pvp and wvw...please

One ability being overtuned while 200 are not, doesn't mean that the complete package is overpowered as a whole.

@Razor.6392 said:

@Flarre.4850 said:

Sword is so overtuned that you see sword weaver everywhere in pvp and wvw...please

One ability being overtuned while 200 are not, doesn't mean that the complete package is overpowered as a whole.

When you talk about balance,you talk about the package not about only one skill wich does not even put sword weaver in a good state.Sword weaver is average at best in pvp and only riptide and earth 2 save his ass from being insta-gib.What make me loled is that you only have to run in a straight line to negate all weaver offensive power,it s a living story really.All dual skills are piece of shit,damage are crap and yes you can survive if you play with a lot of toughness and healing power.to do what?killing ambient creature?Sword weaver need love,even phantaram prefer FA core ele in ranked because it s more balanced.Sword weaver is really fun but you have to put 10× more effort to do same thing as other classes can do.It definitely need love,sword weaver is a pure melee classe give it the tool to be a real one.I can t believe there is someone asking for nerf!

@BrokenGlass.9356 said:And seeing kids play with new toys does not mean they are superior to old toys. It means they are new toys.

When kids only plays with the same specific old-new toys and don t even dare to look at the others new one maybe these toys are broken?

Please don t take people for newborn,sw/weaver is a new toy that you don t even see in wvw/pvp.Why?the spec is really fun to play but you know kids prefer checkers instead of chess games.

I haven't played Sword Weaver myself yet but as far as I can tell from my encounters with them in WvW Sword seems to be incredibly pathetic.. Only scary thing is getting hit by offhand dagger earth 5 + lightning flash but if that misses then you just poke the weaver to make him understand that he failed and just keep poking him until he runs away... Only good thing for those weavers is that you basically can't kill them so.. yeah I guess if you bother someone enough with your weaver then maybe you can win by annoying him so much that he just gives up :)

Seriously though, have I not met any strong weavers yet or is sword just not good for anyting other than staying alive?

God forbid we give evasion skills to ele instead than force them to pack 1k+ healing and face tank ( try to ) everything....So..we buff sword dmg but nerf its sustain but...dead DPSer deal no dmg so GG

I am really trying to wrap my head around this thought : "nerf riptide"...like...dunno....I am speechless

@Arheundel.6451 said:

God forbid we give evasion skills to ele instead than force them to pack 1k+ healing and face tank ( try to ) everything....So..we buff sword dmg but nerf its sustain but...
dead DPSer deal no dmg
so GG

I am really trying to wrap my head around this thought : "nerf riptide"...like...dunno....I am speechless

He isn’t wrong though, I was fighting my friend in the guild arena weaver vs weaver (neither won it was a stalemate) and riptide for both of us when we checked arc was healing more than anything else. More than healing ripple, more than signet of restoration, more than regen, it’s absolutely insane the healing it does with no investment. It will need a tone down, notice I say tone down not nuke from orbit, it only needs a gradual shave every now and then till it’s in the right spot.

@Arheundel.6451 said:

God forbid we give evasion skills to ele instead than force them to pack 1k+ healing and face tank ( try to ) everything....So..we buff sword dmg but nerf its sustain but...
dead DPSer deal no dmg
so GG

I like ele, it's my main class, but I try not to be biased. The ability has one of the longest evades in the game on top of a lot of healing (even more with the combo field). There's never a bad moment to use it, and you're actually doing it wrong if you aren't using it off cooldown (no thought required).

A little shave wouldn't hurt.

@Razor.6392 said:

@Arheundel.6451 said:

dead DPSer deal no dmg
so GG

I like ele, it's my main class, but I try not to be biased. The ability has one of the longest evades in the game on top of a lot of healing (even more with the combo field). There's never a bad moment to use it, and you're actually doing it wrong if you aren't using it off cooldown (no thought required).

Ok we won t talk about the druid staff 3...

@Razor.6392 said:

@Arheundel.6451 said:

dead DPSer deal no dmg
so GG

People here look at other professions..they're not biased, a little shave would not hurt other professions, there are 9 professions and you can't play the champion of integrity only when it comes to ele...if you want a "fair" gameplay then we "shave" everybody not just ele.

"Longest evade in the game on top of a lot of healing" - I just leave this here https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ancestral_Grace - kindly suggesting you to go and play other professions first and face off against a weaver after that...then come back to us and tell us how exactly a weaver is "unfair" to fight respect to a : druid - s/d thief - condi mirage - power herald ...but only if we talk about evasion timeframe, I won't mention the other stuff other specs can do way better than a weaver

I am not biased....I am being objective looking at the big picture, making opportune comparisons...something you and somebody else not doing

+1 for the commenter above.

ANet said so themselves...

"Weaver is a true melee character with the sword skills. Players need to beware of how squishy they are as they can get spiked quickly if not careful."

They gave Riptide that healing and evades to the squishiest profession to compensate for the base class having the LOWEST base health and base armor in the game. Riptide doesn't make weavers immortal. You just need to spike them faster just like you need to spike Spellbreakers, Scourges, Firebrands etc... fast to kill them. But these classes have higher base health or armor or in the case of SB's both with blocks too. so where does that leave the Weavers if Riptide gets nerfed.

Anyway this guy say riptide does to much healing,you have to heavily invest in healing power,i play a bursty sword weaver and it heal 500 per second and i have to stay in the small circle.Tell me wich class can t kill a standind chicken with 500 heal per sec,mister notbiased?

@apharma.3741 said:

@Arheundel.6451 said:

dead DPSer deal no dmg
so GG

He isn’t wrong though, I was fighting my friend in the guild arena weaver vs weaver (neither won it was a stalemate) and riptide for both of us when we checked arc was healing more than anything else. More than healing ripple, more than signet of restoration, more than regen, it’s absolutely insane the healing it does with no investment. It will need a tone down, notice I say tone down not nuke from orbit, it only needs a gradual shave every now and then till it’s in the right spot.

I take my spellbreaker,scourge,holosmith,mirage,lightning rod weaver or my soulbeast against you,it wont be a stalemate and your riptide wont save you.At best you will kite and riptide blast finish every 12 sec and do no pressure.These celestial heavy healing power sword weaver are memethey are bad at 1v1 because it take hour to kill someone.Bad in team fightReally bad in zergEven bad at pveIt s like these drood you met in wvw,it kill you by boredom but at least they can put pressure with the pet.

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@Razor.6392 said:

@Arheundel.6451 said:

dead DPSer deal no dmg
so GG

People here look at other professions..they're not biased, a little shave would not hurt other professions, there are 9 professions and you can't play
the champion of integrity
only when it comes to ele...if you want a "fair" gameplay then we "shave" everybody not just ele.

"Longest evade in the game on top of a lot of healing" - I just leave this here
- kindly suggesting you to go and play other professions first and face off against a weaver after that...then come back to us and tell us how exactly a weaver is "unfair" to fight respect to a : druid - s/d thief - condi mirage - power herald ...but only if we talk about evasion timeframe, I won't mention the other stuff other specs can do way better than a weaver

I am not biased....I am being objective looking at the big picture, making opportune comparisons...something you and somebody else not doing

Yes but this is the ele forum talking about ele right? Ofc other classes have abilities/traits that are too strong but that’s not the topic of discussion, moving onto listing everything that needs toning down on other classes is moving off topic, something you’re not supposed to do according to the forum rules. Ancestral grace has always been overturned especially if you quick draw it but you can’t also deny that riptide is likewise overturned having a longer evade frame than ancestral grace as well as nearly the same amount of healing, more so if you utilise blast finishers.

If/when sword receives the buffs it needs to not feel terrible it will need a tone down to riptide.

@MyPuppy.8970 said:Riptide:

• decrease evade frame by 0.25s
  • decrease healing by 25%

Other sword skills:

• decrease casting time and aftercast by 0.25s
  • increase damage by 25%

I'd be ok with that.

This is what a more balanced approach looks like.

@Flarre.4850 said:

@apharma.3741 said:

@Arheundel.6451 said:

dead DPSer deal no dmg
so GG

I take my spellbreaker,scourge,holosmith,mirage,lightning rod weaver or my soulbeast against you,it wont be a stalemate and your riptide wont save you.At best you will kite and riptide blast finish every 12 sec and do no pressure.These celestial heavy healing power sword weaver are memethey are bad at 1v1 because it take hour to kill someone.Bad in team fightReally bad in zergEven bad at pveIt s like these drood you met in wvw,it kill you by boredom but at least they can put pressure with the pet.

It was a stalemate because sword weaver has poor damage when this gets addressed like many here have been asking for, as the devs themselves have said already that sword is getting looked at for buffs then it will easily compete. Also where did I say we were celestial!? It was lightning rod weaver and we were fighting other classes that evening too, DH, SB, berserker, daredevil, rev. Sure no scourge but that’s a fight no ele should win assuming equal skill. The healing and sustain was there but there’s just no damage, this is why people run lightning rod weaver so they get the extra damage when they CC because sword has such poor damage.

Edit: All of the fights were stalemates for the weaver, before someone says anything about the SB, not hitting full counter and keeping track of it means they will often not land it, you can also dodge it so it’s not a huge issue.

@MyPuppy.8970 said:Other sword skills:

• decrease casting time and aftercast by 0.25s
  • increase damage by 25%I'd be ok with that.

So every skill is instant? take away 1/2s of overall cast time and most skills are instant - which would be way too strong.And AA Chain would be waaay too strong with that change + 25% more damage... You can't just throw around numbers for all "other" sword skills. I agree with your suggested riptide change but the rest is way over the top. You shouldn't make too many changes at once (big mistake anet always does) instead many small changes do the job. (See DotA2 for example, soooooo many tiny little balance changes every month and 4 big Balance Patches throughout the year, in GW2 we have no consistency when it comes to balance changes, we just get 1 or 2 big balance patches at some point through the year, sometimes a quickfix if absolutely neccessery but there doesn't seem to be a real approach to balancing anywhere)

Better would be to change either damage OR cast time and see how impactful that is - it's easy to underestimate the amount of damage you suddenly do when your AA chain has less aftercast.

@ArenaNetYou should start doing a lot more Balance patches, sometimes very small adjustments can make a Class a lot more viable or a lot less OP. It doesn't have to be a huge Balance patch every time you change something. You should seriously consider studying how other games handle balancing, DotA2 is, in my opinion, the game with the best approach to balancing - you don't have to "fix everything" with one huge patch once or twice a year, that's impossible. Most of the time you'll just create new monsters that way. Consider having 2 huge Balance patches per Year, 4 Smaller ones and at least one per month for small adjustments.I seriously feel like we don't have a dedicated team for balancing, try to get 1-2 People to take care of that, they can work together with the class specific teams, that would also relieve them of quite some bothersome work so they can concentrate on the next elite specs (which I assume is what they're doing already).

@apharma.3741 said:

Sure no scourge but that’s a fight no ele should win assuming equal skill.

Edit: All of the fights were stalemates for the weaver, before someone says anything about the SB, not hitting full counter and keeping track of it means they will often not land it, you can also dodge it so it’s not a huge issue.

These 2 statements already discredits you and your previous statements for a Riptide nerf. I have seen other weavers kill scourges of equal skill, and killed scourges on a 1v1 and there are already videos here of Weavers vs Scourges and one of those videos is vs one of EUs top Necro Roamer Streamer. SB's on the other hand, they have the ability to kill you no matter what, only Riptide was saving most weaver's behind to make it a stalemate.

@TwilightSoul.9048 said:So every skill is instant? take away 1/2s of overall cast time and most skills are instant - which would be way too strong.

You should start doing a lot more Balance patches, sometimes very small adjustments can make a Class a lot more viable or a lot less OP.

I think he meant 1/4s together in total when he said casing and aftercast. None of the Weaver sword skills are 0.25 or 1/4 seconds or below. That is including the single attunement skill 3's and Dual Attacks. The lowest is Polaric Leap at .5 secs and that teleport skill needs to be an instant anyway. Nothing from sword will become instant at .25s as even autoattacks are currently 0.5, 0.75 and 0.75 respectively which is the slowest ever sword autoattacks in the game.

Huge balance patches has always been in-between pvp seasons. So that makes is 4x a year at least. Still like you, I'd welcome more balance patches as they are slow slow slow in implementing fixes and balances. But comparing DOTA2 to GW2 balances is like comparing that LoL Elder Dragon in China a few days ago vs Puff the Magic Dragon.

I hope some devs at ANet actually play sword weaver. Then they know its no good as is. Hopefully they will make changes that actually matter. Not some alibi shit that does not matter. The damage needs to go up. Survivability is borderline. You can live. But if you always run, there is no damage (and there is actually no threatening damage if you dare to try). Sword weaver should be a melee class? Make it one. Not a wannabe thingy.

Archived