PSA: Clocks Go Back 1 Hour Tonight For Many People

Donari.5237

Tonight is the Daylight time change. So for those who set their clocks back, tomorrow's game reset will be one hour earlier on the clock. For instance, Eastern time will move reset from 8 pm to 7 pm. Don't wait to the last moment to get dailies done, you may miss your chance if you're not paying heed.

Possibly Mad King Says will move from even to odd hours (or vice versa) as well. As for Tequatl, that always surprises me as continuing to be at actual reset rather than one hour shifted, so keep an eye on longer cycle world bosses.

grinsHopefully EU server people put out their own PSA's last week. I did aim this PSA at "those who set their clock back" on the theory that those who are in time zones that do it tonight might need a reminder and those who aren't will know this thread does not apply :)

@TwilightSoul.9048 said:

@Ayumi Spender.1082 said:Still don't get why people follow this backward/forward time nonsense. It should be removed as it doesn't help any situation and doesn't change what naturally happens during the years/seasons/days/whatever.

Many countries are getting rid of it, slowly but surely.

Really wish it went by faster. It's an outdated process.Asurans would wonder what the hell is wrong with real humans and what's the logic behind it and just roll on the floor laughing at whatever excuse they come up with.Would need a new term too, as bookah is way too weak of a word for this matter.

@Ayumi Spender.1082 said:Still don't get why people follow this backward/forward time nonsense. It should be removed as it doesn't help any situation and doesn't change what naturally happens during the years/seasons/days/whatever.

Without daylight saving time the sun would rise at 3am and set at 7pm here.With it, it rise at 4am and set at 8pm.

Currently the sun rise at 7am and set a 6pm. When we change it back to normal time the sun will rise at 6am and set at 5pm.

@Haishao.6851 said:

@"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:Still don't get why people follow this backward/forward time nonsense. It should be removed as it doesn't help any situation and doesn't change what naturally happens during the years/seasons/days/whatever.

Without daylight saving time the sun would rise at 3am and set at 7pm here.With it, it rise at 4am and set at 8pm.

Currently the sun rise at 7am and set a 6pm. When we change it back to normal time the sun will rise at 6am and set at 5pm.

Um that's now nature intended it.Humans just want to mess up how the natural flow of time and seasons are and think they're "Saving" time.Weird how time is being saved but you still have to being it forward when spring comes back.

Sorry, but stupid is stupid. It's still 24 hours in the day no matter which way you change the time.

@Ayumi Spender.1082 said:

@Haishao.6851 said:

Um that's now nature intended it.Humans just want to mess up how the natural flow of time and seasons are and think they're "Saving" time.Weird how time is being saved but you still have to being it forward when spring comes back.

Sorry, but stupid is stupid. It's still 24 hours in the day no matter which way you change the time.

Time is not being saved, Day Light is.It's to make it so day light is during the time majority of people are awake.People spend more time outside in summer so instead of being dark at 7pm, it's still sunny until 8pm. And instead of being sunny at 3am when everyone sleep, sun rise at 4am when everyone is about to wake up.

We go back to standard time when summer is over because there's no need for it anymore. There's no need to save some day light in winter since there's practically none to begin with. If we kept it on DST we'd eventually have the sun rise at 8:30am and set at 6:30 pm.

@Haishao.6851 said:

If we were to have it as nature intended then each town would have its clocks set to noon their time. Before time zones were introduced every city in the United States used a different time standard so there were more than 300 local sun-times. Once times were standardized across zones instead of each city having its own time then the natural flow of time was disengaged from clock time. Daylight savings is just an extension of enforced standardized time.

@"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:Still don't get why people follow this backward/forward time nonsense. It should be removed as it doesn't help any situation and doesn't change what naturally happens during the years/seasons/days/whatever.After moving the clock back an hour it goes dark at about 17.00 where I live. Otherwise it would happen at 16.00. So there's a benefit.Of course basement-dwelling internet "experts" would see no difference.

But it would be better if game time was changed too. I liked doing Tequatl at 22 and Dragon's Stand at 22.30 (UTC+2 here).

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:It seems safer to not have to send your children to walk to school in the dark, which is what happens if the clocks stay on Daylight Saving time. If the clocks stay on Standard Time, Spring, Summer and Autumn evenings turn dark so early, most people prefer the longer daylight times.

So why do we do it in the UK where it doesn't get light until 8am and gets dark at 4:30pm in the winter?

@Danikat.8537 said:

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:It seems safer to not have to send your children to walk to school in the dark, which is what happens if the clocks stay on Daylight Saving time. If the clocks stay on Standard Time, Spring, Summer and Autumn evenings turn dark so early, most people prefer the longer daylight times.

So why do we do it in the UK where it doesn't get light until 8am and gets dark at 4:30pm in the winter?

implying UK is ever light and sunny :3Seriously though its because without daylight savings it would stay dark until 10-11am in some parts of UK

No one has ever "won" the debate over whether Daylight Time is good or bad, mostly because, it turns out, it depends largely on what you do, where you live, and how difficult you find it to adjust your daily rhythms after a time change. There's good evidence that swapping back/forth twice a year isn't good and also evidence that moving the clocks permanently forward is largely better for more people than not. After all, the particular lines we draw to establish the time zones are already arbitrary; the sun is only at zenith at noon for a tiny sliver of the zone.

But that's neither here nor there. The fact is that this weekend is a clock switcheroo in North America. Change your clocks and your expectations; being against DST won't help you claim your dinner reservation an hour early

Why would you post this information at all? It really does not affect anyone anymore. 15 years ago, we were glad it was posted in the newspaper and on TV so we know that we had to set the clocks. But how many mechanical (and not radio controlled) clocks do you you have to care about the summer time change? This year everything was fine when I woke up: My alarm clock at the bed has been set by DCF77 (the German radio signal near FrankfurtMain) and my iTouch as well my PC did it also. So even if nobody posted it anyhwere, or here on the boards, the only thing you might have noticed is your biological clock works different (I wake up now 4 am instead of 5 am...) and maybe the light sutation.

@Zedek.8932 said:Why would you post this information at all? It really does not affect anyone anymore. 15 years ago, we were glad it was posted in the newspaper and on TV so we know that we had to set the clocks. But how many mechanical (and not radio controlled) clocks do you you have to care about the summer time change? This year everything was fine when I woke up: My alarm clock at the bed has been set by DCF77 (the German radio signal near FrankfurtMain) and my iTouch as well my PC did it also. So even if nobody posted it anyhwere, or here on the boards, the only thing you might have noticed is your biological clock works different (I wake up now 4 am instead of 5 am...) and maybe the light sutation.

Because many players forget that reset keeps to UTC time, and locally reset will be at a different time.

@Danikat.8537 said:

If we kept BST, it wouldn't get light until 9 in the south and even later in the north - it's why Scotland always opposes suggestions to stay on BST year round. So we switch back to our natural time zone for the winter.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

@Zedek.8932 said:Why would you post this information at all? It really does not affect anyone anymore. 15 years ago, we were glad it was posted in the newspaper and on TV so we know that we had to set the clocks. But how many mechanical (and not radio controlled) clocks do you you have to care about the summer time change? This year everything was fine when I woke up: My alarm clock at the bed has been set by DCF77 (the German radio signal near FrankfurtMain) and my iTouch as well my PC did it also. So even if nobody posted it anyhwere, or here on the boards, the only thing you might have noticed is your biological clock works different (I wake up now 4 am instead of 5 am...) and maybe the light sutation.

Because many players forget that reset keeps to UTC time, and locally reset will be at a different time.

Exactly, not to mention boss battles and such. Reset last week was at 8 pm which means during those months it conflicts with things that happen at 8. By reset at 7 though I can get my dailies done before my spouse even gets home most nights.

@Haishao.6851 said:

"Nature" had nothing to do with it. It was added so it doesn't mess with human functioning, which, the majority live and function during the day. I live in a state that doesn't observe daylight savings. I personally like it being born in the evening, but I am in the minority. There is a lot of chaos it can bring when you are a day person here. You be surprised how much the human bodies revolve around the sun.

Archived