Undo Scrapper Nerfs

Bossun.2046

Hey guys and girl. Do you so remember the Glory days of scrapper when it first came out? I do, and I want them back.

Currently, as a scrapper you are pretty much useless unless you ress downed teammates. That's when you shine! But when it comes to supporting team play, there's not much you can do. Do a burst healing and condo cleanse that only amount to about 3.5k and that's it.

We need all the stuff that made scrapper fun back. So ANet, look at the Nerf list for scrapper and undo it.

Arigatou Mr robato

I would be in favor of undoing a few specific Scrapper nerfs. The hammer nerfs were fair, it makes it a more balanced option... also the Gyro nerfs to not have dazes when killed, while it was good to have less random AoE CC automatically punish you, removing it broke the traitline - there are multiple traits that affect dazes/stuns and now there aren't any besides leaping in a lightning field, lul.

What I say should be done to Scrapper:

1.) Decisive Renown - Skill now has two internal CDs, one from reviving/stomping as is currently, but now one internal CD that activates this trait from using a healing skill, 15s CD.
2.) Impact Savant - The duration of all outgoing CC are increased, and the duration of all incoming CC is reduced. (Fear, Taunt, Knockdown, blowout.)3.) Scrapper: Expert Examination - Disabling (not just stuns and dazes) a Foe applies vulnerability and weakens them.4.) Medic Gyro nerfs reverted, Reconstruction Field instant again, Medic Gyro instant again. Seriously what's wrong with this heal maybe being used, I swear Healing Turret signed some deal with the devil to always be relevant.5.) Final Salvo: lightning field now centered around the Scrapper than where the Gyro dies

@SmirkDog.3160 said:

@Bossun.2046 said:

@SmirkDog.3160 said:"Guys and girl". There's only one.

yes. Nothing wrong there.

Do you.......... really only think one girl plays this, or are you just trolling so more people are more likely to care about your thread.

Can we please discuss the topic?If you want to fantasize that more than one girl plays this class you can go RP as one.

Domo arigatou Mr robato

@Chaith.8256 said:

@Bossun.2046 said:Go to ANets office and help design engi, Chaith

Thanks.. im most fond of the 'lock on' treatment given to Decisive Renown, ie, two separate ICDS of same skill that proc on different things.

Just show up and tell the front desk person that the balancing team had scheduled something with you. Once in there change some text and done :D

This is top sekrit plans ANet, don't read.

@Chaith.8256 said:I would be in favor of undoing a few specific Scrapper nerfs. The hammer nerfs were fair, it makes it a more balanced option... also the Gyro nerfs to not have dazes when killed, while it was good to have less random AoE CC automatically punish you, removing it broke the traitline - there are multiple traits that affect dazes/stuns and now there aren't any besides leaping in a lightning field, lul.

Yeah, this was pretty much my thought. The random dazes from gyros could be annoying, to be sure, but without them scrappers just don't have many stuns and dazes for Impact Savant to key off.

Ive never been interested in scrapper and I honestly think it brought some VERY cancerous gameplay to PvP, sustain and CC spam while maintaining constant pressure is absolutely awful and reminds me of hammer warriors from back in the day, except its worse.

There are a few changes I would make to scrapper but flat out undoing the nerfs is NOT the way to go about it. Hell I wouldnt want the random CC on hyro destruction to see the lgiht of day ever again. The medic gyro nerf could be reversed though.

As for Scrappers viability and fun factor, NOTHING changed, AT ALL.
Scrapper is STILL the best PvP Engineer spec by a large margin, it just doesnt see much play because prenerf scourge absolutely rekt it, that is no longer in issue.

Spec your scrapper and go have fun. Nothing is stopping you.

@Novuake.2691 said:Scrapper is STILL the best PvP Engineer spec by a large margin, it just doesnt see much play because prenerf scourge absolutely rekt it, that is no longer in issue.

Spec your scrapper and go have fun. Nothing is stopping you.

Sorry but no. Not even close to being true. Scrapper compared to Holosmith does not function among PoF era builds. Holosmith plays circles around it.

Scrapper cannot even come close to being useful in a fight against a Scourge. Can't keep healthy and clear of weakness when standing on node in teamfights. Scrapper can hardly revive at all now with the amount of cleave and other means to punish reviving. Scrapper is getting unbelievably negated by Scourges.. it's like trying to play Sword Holosmith against it. In a Scourge-less environment, Scrapper I would consider using, but so far that hasn't happened except for the occasional unranked match.

@Razor.6392 said:It is beyond me why people want to undo nerfs before the power creep specs are toned down.

That depends on what you're proposing to undo or change.. Nobody really agrees with the OP that Scrapper or anything should go back to fresh release of HoT days.

Edit: After we've been seeing Core specs being brought up steadily for a long time, things like Core Guard, Core War, Core Ele, Core Thief, it'd be nice if certain elite specs weren't C tier, even if we're gonna see shaves for the S tier Scourge/Spellbreaker/Firebrand it's likely not gonna be enough for people to want to play Berserker/Scrapper/Condi/Power Herald/Soulbeast/Renegade/Reaper/Deadeye... cause' let's face it, there are better options than all those I just listed who aren't gonna get nerfed due to Firebrand/Scourge/Spellbreaker (Holosmith, Mirage, Chrono, Daredevil, Weaver, CORE ELE, CORE THIEF)

Probably reverting every Nerf isn't the right step, seeing as Scrappers kind of used to survive and kill almost as much as Spellbreaker. We were more involved though in trying to survive though. But after tomorrow's patch we should have a clear idea of where scrapper needs to be.

• 3 weeks later...

@Shiyo.3578 said:Would appreciate scrapper being buffed in PVE to be playable.

However, scrapper should never be playable in PVP, ever.

Seems a little biased. Why is Scrapper deserving to be in the trashcan but not Druid, Spellbreaker, Mirage? They're all capable of being tanky side node monkeys.

One thing in particular that I've been wondering about is whether it would be reasonable to give (a slight) buff to traits like Rapid Regeneration. Right now, Heat Therapy can easily get up to 650 HP/s in healing, combined with a decent collection of blocks and damage-mitigation to keep a holosmith build healthy in battle while dealing considerable damage (at least in forge mode). These features alone make the holosmith a strong contender in most match-ups.

Meanwhile, the scrapper gets...what? Scrapper's damage output is only a fraction of the holosmith's and, just given the class mechanics, I'm not sure that the scrapper can really ever hope to compete in that area without some substantial buffs that might make it borderline (if not outright) broken. The scrapper arguably is more defensively-oriented but, as has been noted numerous times, scrapper's defenses aren't always viable in this meta. The alternative, then, would be to play to the strengths of each spec and divvy things up: give the scrapper some increased bulk/sustain to make it more appealing (while perhaps shaving holosmith's sustain capabilities). Rapid Regeneration is one place to start and, without putting it back to the level it was at when HoT released, it could be given the Healing Signet treatment and improved enough to provide a notable benefit. Note: I'm not asking for 400 HP/s ticks for having swiftness, but I think the number should be higher than ~100 HP/s, and it would be nice to reward applications of super speed a bit more.

Another idea I had was for some tweaks to Adaptive Armor. Right now, this trait is workable, but I'm not sure it can really compete with Final Salvo as a source of sustain in the Grandmaster slot. Part of the problem is that the trait only reaches its full potential after being hit repeatedly and, in this burst-heavy meta, that's hard to reach. My suggestion is to (i) reduce the cool-down between applications to .5 seconds; (ii) let condition ticks also proc application (not just direct hits); (iii) reduce the initial condition damage reduction to 10%, but let it stack up to a 50% reduction (similar to spectrum shield). I'm leaving the toughness boost alone in this suggestion because (a) the scrapper already has a lot of ways of dealing with direct damage, and (b) the difference between, say, 300 and 500 toughness is almost insignificant. I don't want to make the trait too strong, but I also think that this could be one way of helping scrapper to deal with scourges in the current meta.

Archived