Make a trade-in option for Limited-Use Mad king finishers?

I bought the permanent mad king finisher, yet I still get these, and it gets really time consuming to have to type in the name every time I want to throw them away. I was wondering if maybe an option could be added to the event vendors to trade them for candy corn instead? Like, each one gives five uses, so I figure we could trade each one for five candy corn? Though I'd be okay with even just trading them for one candy corn a piece, it would just feel better than the tediousness that is disposing of them now. Because right now it just feels like a punishment to get them if you have the permanent finisher.

YES. I hate these things because there's literally no point to them and every time you want to clear them from your inventory it goes to the Finishers screen AND changes out of my default finisher (not that I've actually used a finisher in months, but I'd like to know that if I ever do, it'll be the one I picked out).

There are a couple existing threads about this very issue.

I strongly encourage ANet to give all items that drop from bags a 1-copper vendor price, especially if account bound. Then those who want to can dispose of them easily at 2.5s/stack & one click, an amount that won't impact the economy noticeably. (Also be great if ANet returned a vendor value to all foods, again at just 1c.)

@sweetrules.8359 said:

@TheGreenGuy.7134 said:Just double-click them and it adds them to your finisher collection, out of your inventory, which is much quicker than typing in the name.

That's the issue, you can't use them if you have the permanent finisher. I tried.

Sorry I didn't realise, yes that is an issue as it makes a convenience item not very convenient to have...

I'm having the same annoyance with the Scarecrow ones (thankfully, they're rarer than mad king, but still immensely irritating to delete).

Either adding a vendor value to them (1 copper is fine) or changing the coding of trick-or-treat bags so that they won't even drop if you have the permanent version unlocked on your account is perfect. Black Lion Chests won't drop account-bound unlocks that you already have unlocked/in your inventory (in the latter case, they replace it with 2 keys). Why can't that be applied to other containers?

I'd also like seeing fewer Mini Priest of Balthazar drops from Orrian coffers.

Archived