Does daylight saving time mess up some world bosses?

@Palador.2170 said:The game timers march on and do not care about DST. We the players in the USA, however, do need to take it into account. Everything's now one hour off to me, and it takes time to remember that. It's possible that for a day or two some events may be under-populated.

Sounds a little tricky to deal with DST.

I never thought about the effect DST has on world boss schedules. But in the 5 years this game has been out, there has always been an adjustment period when it come to daily reset and weekly wvw reset times, the most notable and first thing most players notice being dailies (ie yesterday dailies reset at 7pm cst for me, today thru March/April whenever we roll forward, it will be 6pm cst).

I'd imagine world bosses would follow in this pattern as well. The timers for these events (and there are a few btw), will probably be mostly off until fixed, with the exception of perhaps the Anet sanctioned timer pages though, the player created timers might need to be re-adjusted to meet the new schedules if world bosses are in fact affected by the new schedule.

The World Bosses, dailies and other timed events don’t change when the clock changes. They’re set on a fixed timer. People will just need to remember that and adjust their schedule. As a thing to remember also, different places start and stop Daylight Savings on different dates and some places never use Daylight Savings so there’s no way that the timed events can be on everyone’s schedule.

@Nikal.4921 said:We failed on Teq Sunday afternoon. First time for me and I do it every day. One of the lasers was destroyed and a tsunami came through. That took everyone by surprise- most never saw that before. I hope we can do away with this sill DST and soon.

Maybe I was there too? The tsunami.... oh my gosh ,it was the first time I saw it. And almost everyone died.By the way, we killed it successfully at 11:00 this morning.

@CarbonylGoat.5147 said:

@Palador.2170 said:The game timers march on and do not care about DST. We the players in the USA, however, do need to take it into account. Everything's now one hour off to me, and it takes time to remember that. It's possible that for a day or two some events may be under-populated.

Sounds a little tricky to deal with DST.

???? Reset is an Hr earlier (7:00 PM in stead of 8:00 PM for me now). No big deal and easy to adjust to.

Every world boss and major meta always has fail maps, if you don't get in on good maps early using lfg you will likely fail. This was a thing way before DST timezones started coming in/out of effect - i been in plenty of bad teq maps at reset because i got there late or didnt use lfg. The only times i've been in a bad map since DST countries began changing timezones was because for the first couple of days I forgot that the timezones did change. xD On the same day you were in a fail map, I was trying to get into one of at least 5 full (successful) maps - and that's not counting maps which succeeded without commanders in lfg.

Also DST timezones are changing all over the world right now and have been for weeks - the UK, where I am, switched back to GMT+0 about two weeks ago i believe, so now reset happens at midnight for me instead of 1am. I just got used to it after a coupe of days. Countries more east relative to mine will have changed zones even earlier. I doubt the game's going to change it's WB timers just to please it's players in selective areas of only a few countries (ie if the WB timers went forward now, everyone eslewhere in the world would have to readjust all over again, including those in non-DST countries/states) so yeah, things will seem "messed up" at first but in a couple days you'll be used to it.

@ThePlayMaker.1058 said:

TIL that Tequatl creates a Tsunami when the event fails. I don't remember ever failing a Teq attempt.

There used to be a hidden achievement for using a launch pad to jump the wave, but IIRC it's since been removed (possibly because it encouraged failure). Back when Tequatl was newly revamped, for the first couple of weeks the wave wasn't that uncommon a sight.

@Lexi.1398 said:Also DST timezones are changing all over the world right now and have been for weeks - the UK, where I am, switched back to GMT+0 about two weeks ago i believe, so now reset happens at midnight for me instead of 1am. I just got used to it after a coupe of days. Countries more east relative to mine will have changed zones even earlier. I doubt the game's going to change it's WB timers just to please it's players in selective areas of only a few countries (ie if the WB timers went forward now, everyone eslewhere in the world would have to readjust all over again, including those in non-DST countries/states) so yeah, things will seem "messed up" at first but in a couple days you'll be used to it.

I seem to recall one game had their timer set to local time which caused an issue when the clocks changed, kicking everyone off the servers. Which is why most, if not all, go by UTC because it's simpler and consistant.

Archived