[SUGGESTION] New (old) lore titles

I would love to see some lore based titles our characters use in the story so we can show them while we're playing. I'm talking about titles like:

Hero of ShaemoorValiant/SaplingSlayer of IssormirSnaff SavantGladium/Legionnaire etc.Pact CommanderDragon SlayerPoobah

I think giving us those titles isn't too much work and isn't breaking anything in the game. These are lore based, flavour little things I would love to use for my characters.Fellow players, if there are other titles like mentioned above, please share more suggestions!

On the one hand, I completely agree with the OP: be great if titles actually given us in the story were able to be displayed.

On the other hand, I feel like the entire title system is a mess right now and should instead be completely overhauled. There are some great title names for fairly silly requirements, some chieves without titles that are really worth bragging about, and tons of titles that I suspect no one actually bothers with. It looks like one dev (pre-launch) said, "hey, this game should have titles," and their colleague said, "yeah, it should." And then a third dev was tasked with coming up with a bunch in two hours and did they best they could.

So I'd actually prefer that ANet reconsider the system (and its UI) and then poll the community for the types of titles we'd like to see (not any of the specifics). e.g. pick 2-3 favorites from the list of: lore-specific titles, scavenger hunt achievements, silly|fun titles, story-specific titles, fashion wars related titles, brag-worth titles, etc. Then include a new UI to allow filters by text or by type, as well as by earned or unearned.

However, I don't have much hope we'll see such an overhaul, so sure, the OP is right: those titles should be available to our characters.

I'd love to see titles appropriate to the characters personal story / lore be implemented-- the charr ones especially, but I am biased haha. +1

Perhaps they could be earned after completing personal story (or in the case of things like poobah, through living story) chapters on the different races?

I think we need more titles to be honest. Even for the 'easy' (subjective I know) stuff. It is flavour text for your character, as well as to show off what you recently have achieved. We can see this already with titles like Demon's Demise, taking raid prowess to get, to Killer Queen which may be easy but is great flavour text for a character.

A lot of things could have a really inspired title behind it, the slayer achievements and weapon master achievement could have some really great titles. For examples;Bandit Slayer - SheriffElona Safari Hunter - Safari HunterGhost Slayer - Ghost BusterMaster of Overkill

• 4 weeks later...

Archived