Is my build any good (solo wvw)

rikilamaru.5842

So im currently enjoying my condi mesmer and was messing around with build editor to see how i can improve it while im gearing for solo/roaming wvw.
So i a came up with this http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhIQRAra7flknhK0YjawMNwtGL5Gk5Fe9DQ/RJnRZASdvA-jFSAQBMZ/BA8EAkh+hLq8LAnEgDq+z7UCeOzfkCAidaA-w

So im wonder how good is this? and disclaimer i dont have pof and will be a while before i get ascended gear.

A PU style build. How do you clear conditions? There's only the one torch Condi removal. There are a lot of condition or cc spam builds out in wvw roaming and you can get bursted down easily even with 22k health in sustained fights (most roamers are built ready for condi builds, and instead can likely be bursted quicker with power if they have any mistakes or windows of opportunity) or especially in 1vX situations even if you're trying to get away. You have four stealths and a blink yes but you will at least have various CC conditions to deal with

1st of all, as takatsu mentioned, you need some source of condi cleanse. Probably the best choice for you would be Mantra of Resolve. I'd swap either Decoy or Signet of Midnight for it.You can also take Inspiration with Restorative Illusions traited, but it's not as effective on base mesmer as it is on chronomancer.

Your sigil choices aren't very good for wvw. I'd suggest changing Sigil of Smoldering on your 1st weapon set (scepter+pistol) and Sigil of Agony on your 2nd weapon set (scepter+torch) for Sigil of Cleansing. This way you'll have additional condi cleanse on weapon swap.

You use scepter for both weapon sets. It's not the best idea imo. I'd change your 1st weapon set to sword+pistol or staff. This will make you more flexible and provide you with more defense and a gap closer (if you take sword) or backwards leap and always welcome Chaos Storm (if you take staff).

As for traits, they are okay. The only change I'd make would be taking The Pledge instead of Compounding Power. I feel like shorter cds on torch are much more valuable than some additional condi dmg. Compounding power is more of a pve trait because it requires you to keep 3 illusions up to get full benefit, and you don't really have all of them up too often in pvp/roaming.Hope that helps. Have fun! :wink:

It really depends on the tier you are in and what you like to play. If you are good of course then you can fight on pretty much anything... It is a condi tard build after all, surely you will meet people with bad condi cleanse lol.

In T1 EU I can say it's probably gonna be meh. I tried a traiblazer mesmer a while ago and it was boring as all kitten not to mention a very poor roaming small scaler - and that was before PoF. Now scourges completely dominate condi to the point all other builds can just call it quits and the others you encounter is either dd theives/power mesmers/power rangers/hammer revs in the ranged department that'll kill you before you can blink and condi resistant firebrand/spellbreaker/etc supertanksthatstillhitsliketrucks running up front, none of which will be really threatened by you.

As above mentioned, no good condi cleanse on this. You also have no speed. Cant give chase to anything and no outrunning them... which is probably gonna be pretty crippling.

@Dawdler.8521 said:It really depends on the tier you are in and what you like to play. If you are good of course then you can fight on pretty much anything... It is a condi kitten build after all, surely you will meet people with bad condi cleanse lol.

In T1 EU I can say it's probably gonna be meh. I tried a traiblazer mesmer a while ago and it was boring as all kitten not to mention a very poor roaming small scaler - and that was before PoF. Now scourges completely dominate condi to the point all other builds can just call it quits and the others you encounter is either dd theives/power mesmers/power rangers/hammer revs in the ranged department that'll kill you before you can blink and condi resistant firebrand/spellbreaker/etc supertanksthatstillhitsliketrucks running up front, none of which will be really threatened by you.

As above mentioned, no good condi cleanse on this. You also have no speed. Cant give chase to anything and no outrunning them... which is probably gonna be pretty crippling.

im on sbi and we arent t1.and would arcane thievery work?ive been fighting mostly druids,thief,daredevil, with the few sb and warriors. with the utility setup. Most choosen to runs after i cloak a second time.

i usually swap utility's depending on my opponent if i had battle them before and they were good.

i also rlly hate the sword and staff.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhIQRAsa7flknhi0YjawMNwtGLvGUZC6d0MXxwHBaAy5RA-jVyCQBS4BA0Nzf9T9HAcEA2z+DNU5HFOJAvQ/Q5UCSKAI2pB-w

Fixed it for you. Since you're playing core Mesmer I'm assuming you haven't gotten HoT and/or PoF, yet? Also the gear choices suggest a budget. The choice of runes is appropriate, since if you plan on roaming solo mobility is key. You can alternatively swap the pistol for focus and get some swiftness going but it takes attention to detail for upkeep and is a bit clunky in the heat of battle. If you're running PU you're likely to die much less which makes corruption sigil a great fit to get that extra 250 condi damage.If you're planning on spending all that dough on them lillies (10g+ at the TP), you might be better off gathering winterberries/rubies/blossoms etc. and go straight for their ascended counterparts. Prolly get those easier too :wink:

Just my 2 cents.

Archived