Commander's gear

Hello,

I would like to play my mesmer as a chrono/tank , to pve with ( mainly raid ), but I didn't find a way to get commander's gear/trinkets.Can anyone help me understand how to get my gear ( I need details please if you explain anything), I have 50 Gold right now ( not sure if it will be enough ).

Thanks !

Commander Acessories can be obtained through the LS3 as long you have at least Bloodstone Fen, Ember Bay and Bitterfrost Frontier unlocked. You farm the currency of these maps and buy your gear from the Unbound Magic vendors.Exotic commander Armor and Weapon recipes are extremely expensive so your best bet is to get ascended pieces of whatever stat and then craft Commander Insignias/Inscriptions to change the stats on the mystic forge. Alternatively, you can do WvW or sPvP and obtain exotic gear with selectable stats from the reward tracks (Triumphant/Glorious and Crystal Desert reward tracks), however there is no way around it for weapons.

You can also get the Commander's cheap brother Wanderer and replace them as you aquire Commander pieces. You can get Exotic Wanderer gear from Dragon Stand vendor.

What I've been doing is using grandmaster marks at the fractal vendor to buy the stat-select gear, as it's usually less expensive than making a cheaper ascended piece then transmuting it. This method also allows you to keep from needing to farm Dragon's Stand to get the exotic inscription. For trinkets, you'll want to definitely start with Bitterfrost frontier, as you can get one ring, one accessory, and a back piece. Next I went to draconis mons sine it only takes about two days to get enough orchid blossoms for the ring there, siren's landing for the amulet, and ember bay for the remaining accessory slot.

Hello and thank you for your answers,

@Jeknar.6184 : I already have 2 rings I need ( stat select ring that I got from unbound magic ), I still have 6344 Unbound Magic and around 600 ( Grapes or thingy like that I forgot the name ), what should I get with that first ?The WvW method seems good to aquire gear, the issue is that it's kinda always dead on my server.

@Cuon Alpinus.7645 : as for the "fractal method" that you told me about, I don't have Integrated fractal matrix, Fractal research pages ( or journal ), and I don't even know how to aquire them ( Plus I only have 180 fractal relic ), and it would be hard to farm them I guess since I have no gear yet ?

Thanks !

Edit : You say that I should get ascended gear no matter the stats, but I don't know what's the easiest way to get them, can you please be more specific ?

Exotic Commander armor and weapons are Account Bound on Acquire, and you will need at least 400 in Tailoring and Weaponsmithing to craft a full set, plus Artificing if you intend to get a Focus. The recipes for the Commander's Intricate Gossamer Insignia and Commander's Orichalcum Imbued Inscription can be purchased from Dragon's Stand using Crystalline Ore, WvW Heroics Notary using Testimonies of Heroics (or the outdated Proof of Heroics). You will then need to obtain the recipes for each piece of equipment you want to make, which are obtained from Commander's/Tizlak's Armor Recipe Book and Commander's/Tizlak's Weapon Recipe Book, both of which are rare drops from Noxious Pods in Dragon Stand. You can also find recipes players are selling on the Trading Post, although the current price is upwards of 30g per recipe.

This is the reason why it is not advisable to make Exotic Commander's equipment, and the preferred method is stat swapping Ascended equipment to Commander stats, in which you will still need to craft the Exotic Insignias and Inscriptions. Alternatively, you can purchase them with Grandmaster Tailor's Marks and Grandmaster Weaponsmith's Marks from BLING-9009 in the Fractal of the Mists lobby, the Skirmish Supervisor in WvW, or the Ascended Weapon/Armor League Vendors in the PvP lobby.

The first method, straight-up crafting is more expensive, but doesn't force you into a particular game mode. You will need to purchase Ascended recipes from the respective crafting vendors using Laurels and gold, but the rest is straight up crafting.

Going down the "Marks route" requires you to play Fractal of the Mists (PVE) Daily Recommended Fractals, WvW, or PvP, whichever suits your fancy, as each vendors requires game mode-specific currency (Fractal Research Pages, WvW Skirmish Claim Tickets, and Ascended Shard of Glory. The upside is that obtaining Ascended Commander equipment with this way means you don't need to stat swap, and is generally cheaper.

For comparison's sake, as of time of writing, to craft one of the cheapest Ascended swords, Occam's Blade without using any Daily Cooldown Materials (e.g. Lump of Mithrillium) costs 59.6g, a Commander's Orichalcum Imbued Inscription costs 7.4g, and 5 Globs of Ectoplasm is worth 1.4g, resulting in a total of 68.4g.

On the other hand, crafting 3 Grandmaster Weaponsmith's Marks costs 43g, plus 5g to buy an Ascended sword from BLING-9009, which puts the total to 48g.

Hope this helps.

Archived