Soulbeast is a joke

Mutaatti.2789

Traitlines are just crap with Soulbeast. Soulbeast is a damage elite trait, that profits from fury and cc's (twice as vicious). Marksmanships trait Moment of Clarify gives +50% dmg to next attack after interrupting enemy (yeah sounds powerful) and gives +50% duration to stuns and dazes that you inflict... YOU... as a ranger. Do you know how many skills Soulbeast has, that inflicts daze or stun?

2.Hilt Bash on GS #5Concussion Shot SB #5

That's it. Okay, pets do have a lot of cc. But not daze or stun.

Same goes to Predator's Onslaught. It doesnt effect knocked down or launched foes... So Remorseless is only good GM trait in PvP from there.

I know things have been bad for a long time. But Anet should wake up and do something to these millions of bugs (pets for example..) and then try to balance with numeral fixes.Druid isn't useful in PvP anymore. It's 1v1 troll build if you know what to do (kite the hell out of opponen) and Soulbeasts damage isn't even near as good as holosmiths, spellbreakers or daredevils. And condies... please! We have bleed, burn and poison... Every class can cleanse atleast 2 of these immediately off, so there isn't good condi build either in PvP for ranger (even tho Anet gave us A NEW MAINHAND WEAPON! THE HOLY DAGGER! which is condi... dealing bleed and poison....

And new pets? All of their autoattacks are power and melee... And atm nerfed to the point they are useless.

Dear rangers, I'm sorry to say goodbye to my loved pets Steve and Sindrenerr, but I don't want to see us stomped whole new season match after match.

So after patchnotes come, and if spellbreaker and scourge ain't touched at all, I'm going to switch my team. Maybe to Spellbreaker. Have hated necros always, dunno really why.

@Mutaatti.2789 said:Traitlines are just crap with Soulbeast. Soulbeast is a damage elite trait, that profits from fury and cc's (twice as vicious). Marksmanships trait Moment of Clarify gives +50% dmg to next attack after interrupting enemy (yeah sounds powerful) and gives +50% duration to stuns and dazes that you inflict... YOU... as a ranger. Do you know how many skills Soulbeast has, that inflicts daze or stun?

Same goes to Predator's Onslaught. It doesnt effect knocked down or launched foes... So Remorseless is only good GM trait in PvP from there.

I know things have been bad for a long time. But Anet should wake up and do something to these millions of bugs (pets for example..) and then try to balance with numeral fixes.Druid isn't useful in PvP anymore. It's 1v1 troll build if you know what to do (kite the hell out of opponen) and Soulbeasts damage isn't even near as good as holosmiths, spellbreakers or daredevils. And condies... please! We have bleed, burn and poison... Every class can cleanse atleast 2 of these immediately off, so there isn't good condi build either in PvP for ranger (even tho Anet gave us A NEW MAINHAND WEAPON! THE HOLY DAGGER! which is condi... dealing bleed and burn....

And new pets? All of their autoattacks are power and melee... And atm nerfed to the point they are useless.

Dear rangers, I'm sorry to say goodbye to my loved pets Steve and Sindrenerr, but I don't want to see us stomped whole new season match after match.

So after patchnotes come, and if spellbreaker and scourge ain't touched at all, I'm going to switch my team. Maybe to Spellbreaker. Have hated necros always, dunno really why.

You left out fair few things when comes to Marksmanship and Moment of Clarity, when you're in Soulbeast and you E.g. use Smokescale and Gazelle, they both have skills that proc Moment of Clarity, Smokescale Soulbeast F2>F1>F3, I use F2 to teleport to the target and F1 to interrupt, this will proc Moment of Clarity so when you use Worldly Impact you get the +50% damage buff, same goes for Gazelle just use there F2 in Soulbeast to close range and get the +50% damage on say Greatsword Maul or if you think you can land Worldly Impact.

Also if you want real damage from Soulbeast, don't take Marksmanship it's not as good or strong as Beastmastery.

Edit, forgot to add. You could take Siamoth and use its F2 into F1 combo, it's a decent combo and proc's Moment of Clarity. But that's only if you land it...

@Sol.4310 said:

@Mutaatti.2789 said:Traitlines are just crap with Soulbeast. Soulbeast is a damage elite trait, that profits from fury and cc's (twice as vicious). Marksmanships trait Moment of Clarify gives +50% dmg to next attack after interrupting enemy (yeah sounds powerful) and gives +50% duration to stuns and dazes that you inflict... YOU... as a ranger. Do you know how many skills Soulbeast has, that inflicts daze or stun?

I know things have been bad for a long time. But Anet should wake up and do something to these millions of bugs (pets for example..) and then try to balance with numeral fixes.Druid isn't useful in PvP anymore. It's 1v1 troll build if you know what to do (kite the hell out of opponen) and Soulbeasts damage isn't even near as good as holosmiths, spellbreakers or daredevils. And condies... please! We have bleed, burn and poison... Every class can cleanse atleast 2 of these immediately off, so there isn't good condi build either in PvP for ranger (even tho Anet gave us A NEW MAINHAND WEAPON! THE HOLY DAGGER! which is condi... dealing bleed and burn....

You left out fair few things when comes to Marksmanship and Moment of Clarity, when you're in Soulbeast and you E.g. use Smokescale and Gazelle, they both have skills that proc Moment of Clarity, Smokescale Soulbeast F2>F1>F3, I use F2 to teleport to the target and F1 to interrupt, this will proc Moment of Clarity so when you use Worldly Impact you get the +50% damage buff, same goes for Gazelle just use there F2 in Soulbeast to close range and get the +50% damage on say Greatsword Maul or if you think you can land Worldly Impact.

Also if you want real damage from Soulbeast, don't take Marksmanship it's not as good or strong as Beastmastery.

Yes I know those. And that damage buff is good. But meant that daze/stun part. And those that procs MoC, does that only on interrupt. If enemy doesnt try to use skill or blocks the attack it doesnt proc. And I know Beastmastery is better. But with BM, SB and WS traitlines, you aint going to be killing machine. You can't 1v1 people with that build. Why? Well have you seen any legendary players use that? I haven't.

And Gazelle is trash except for soulbeast F2.

@Mutaatti.2789 said:

@Sol.4310 said:

Yes I know those. And that damage buff is good. But meant that daze/stun part. And those that procs MoC, does that only on interrupt. If enemy doesnt try to use skill or blocks the attack it doesnt proc. And I know Beastmastery is better. But with BM, SB and WS traitlines, you aint going to be killing machine. You can't 1v1 people with that build. Why? Well have you seen any legendary players use that? I haven't.

I totally agree with the whole Interrupt part, I hate is how short the duration is on our dazes and stuns. We should be rewarded for taking Marksmanship as we give up lot of survival and not so gated.

Also what are you trying to do? what I mean is what role are you aiming for in SPvP. If you're going to be playing sides, well you're never going to beat Spellbreaker (a good one) as a Ranger, don't feel bad almost nothing can apart from maybe a good thief. Current meta is full of bugs and balance problems.

Also burst build I use has had great success in current meta, it has a higher skill cap, but the damage is insanely high, 90% of games I get most kills and damage and weirdly the survival is perfect for such an offensive build. I've also put in good +5 hr a day with this build, sometimes longer like 10+ other day none stop que's.

Gazelle is trash I do agree, it has its moments and I've landed some good combo's with it but there to far apart to make up for how bad there at hitting moving targets.

@Sol.4310 said:

@Mutaatti.2789 said:

@Sol.4310 said:

I totally agree with the whole Interrupt part, I hate is how short the duration is on our dazes and stuns. We should be rewarded for taking Marksmanship as we give up lot of survival and not so gated.

Also what are you trying to do? what I mean is what role are you aiming for in SPvP. If you're going to be playing sides, well you're never going to beat Spellbreaker (a good one) as a Ranger, don't feel bad almost nothing can apart from maybe a good thief. Current meta is full of bugs and balance problems.

Also burst build I use has had great success in current meta, it has a higher skill cap, but the damage is insanely high, 90% of games I get most kills and damage and weirdly the survival is perfect for such an offensive build. I've also put in good +5 hr a day with this build, sometimes longer like 10+ other day none stop que's.

Gazelle is trash I do agree, it has its moments and I've landed some good combo's with it but there to far apart to make up for how bad there at hitting moving targets.

Spellbreakers are my problem. Every match next season both teams will have 2 of them, and soulbeast or druid isn't good in teamfights, so there isn't point of playing it.I haven't had problem with other classes (plat 2 last season) with my Soulbeast, but spellbreakers after 1600 turned unkillable. I switched to spellbreaker to see what's going on and could win with it 1v1s (except those higher spellbreakers) even tho I have less than 200 matches played as a warrior (and only 30 matches played as a spellbreaker).

@Mutaatti.2789 said:

@Sol.4310 said:

@Mutaatti.2789 said:

@Sol.4310 said:

Spellbreakers are my problem. Every match next season both teams will have 2 of them, and soulbeast or druid isn't good in teamfights, so there isn't point of playing it.I haven't had problem with other classes (plat 2 last season) with my Soulbeast, but spellbreakers after 1600 turned unkillable. I switched to spellbreaker to see what's going on and could win with it 1v1s (except those higher spellbreakers) even tho I have less than 200 matches played as a warrior (and only 30 matches played as a spellbreaker).

Yeah, its a joke how strong Spellbreaker is atm. They 100% counter our condition builds so we forced to play Power builds, we just have to hope they do something about this coming Patch.

I disagree with the whole we aren't good in teamfights, the build I use shines in team fights and +1's. Our damage output is very effective against single targets thanks to Unstoppable Union, fact is we are able to almost always land our spike unless target evades but that goes for everyone else. If you had right partner in team comp who could lock target down for you, Soulbeast would be great option. You're only competing with Thief and Mesmer for the job, tbh your survival is better than both classes.

@Sol.4310 said:

@Mutaatti.2789 said:

@Sol.4310 said:

@Mutaatti.2789 said:

@Sol.4310 said:

Yeah, its a joke how strong Spellbreaker is atm. They 100% counter our condition builds so we forced to play Power builds, we just have to hope they do something about this coming Patch.

I disagree with the whole we aren't good in teamfights, the build I use shines in team fights and +1's. Our damage output is very effective against single targets thanks to Unstoppable Union, fact is we are able to almost always land our spike unless target evades but that goes for everyone else. If you had right partner in team comp who could lock target down for you, Soulbeast would be great option. You're only competing with Thief and Mesmer for the job, tbh your survival is better than both classes.

I don't know about your build, but I haven't found a build where I could sustain all that cc and condi. Unstoppable Union is good, but our burst against enemy who knows when to dodge is just garbage. And I don't do duoQ. I was teamQing back in the glory days, now I don't want to be "carried".

And soulbeast isn't great +1 class. Because mobility isn't that great. So you leave rest of the team fighting 3v4. But that's just my opinion.

@Mutaatti.2789 said:

@Sol.4310 said:

@Mutaatti.2789 said:

@Sol.4310 said:

@Mutaatti.2789 said:

@Sol.4310 said:

I don't know about your build, but I haven't found a build where I could sustain all that cc and condi. Unstoppable Union is good, but our burst against enemy who knows when to dodge is just garbage. And I don't do duoQ. I was teamQing back in the glory days, now I don't want to be "carried".

And soulbeast isn't great +1 class. Because mobility isn't that great. So you leave rest of the team fighting 3v4. But that's just my opinion.

I am enjoying this chat, it's nice to talk to someone doesn't be dick about everything.

My build gives me perma swiftness and gap closer on GS and Gazelle, it's not as fast as a thief. But getting from point to point isn't hard as ranger anymore, we also have access to superspeed on pet swap which is really handy. I've not had a problem rotating between points. But most of time thief will be decapping far as there best for job, but there not always best for +1 fights. I wouldn't give up on Soulbeast being strong contender for the position.

Conditions and CC, I don't think really matters what class you are if they focus fire you and stack conditions and cc your going to die unless you have an escape skill off cd "SoS", just focus on trying to do one job rather than all jobs. If you want to be team fight and +1 design your build around that. If you want to be that guy that solo's lots make build focuses on 1v1. Trying to do everything always hurts the build, what I've noticed. I've got several builds I use depending on the role but lately I've gone full burst mode as it's just so damn effective in team fights I can turn battle almost always in my team's favour due to being able to down almost any target apart from Warriors, FB bunker and Druid bunker still take bit of time if there skills aren't on CD to break but they're not meant to be quick kill their job is to support so if I could kill them solo something wrong there.

I've come to terms with the weakness of my build, so I just stay aware of that and focus on not getting in that position. Even when I was running survival spec I found didn't make much of difference I felt like the damage was to subpar and I hindered my team more than I was effective.

Only good thing is BeastMode and again, mostly unique pets like Smokescale, Jacaranda and Gazelle. Everything else in SoulBeast is trash.

Twice as Vicious 4 secs buff is a real joke. For something that hard to land in PvP with all the stability, blocks and whatever, it should gives a longer buff and a higher %, but nah 5% damage and condi damage. Useless.

Pseudo-shouts (Stances) ? Uncreative traits ? Dagger that is only used in PvE Raids ? That's SoulBeast. I don't play my ranger as much anymore, it really gutted me any reason to use it over other classes. I thought after Druid, we would get a nice damaging/bruiser class.

No reason to use SoulBeast over Druid in PvP. At least, Druid will give you easy access to a condi clear/stun break and heals for days.

Archived