I can outrun a centaur.....I can outrun a centaur.....I can outrun a centaur.....

I found this on the web today:

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/archive/audio/I-can-outrun-a-centaur

This was 5 years ago and this remains a problem....must be one helluva long "to do list" lol

Seriously though: there should be some way to toggle that annoying character chatter off and if there is can someone please let me know how?

Thanks much!

ef

@notebene.3190 said:

@Sylent.3165 said:You can in the options menu

Sorry for not being more specific but my powers out so can't log in to check

In my case, I wouldn’t want to turn it off entirely. My issue is that one Mesmer utility.

It is and I don't want to turn off the utility...I like the utility but HATE what she says every 10 seconds.

Running Signet of Inspiration during the launch was such a pain...

I can outrun a centaurThey will have to hit much harderTime to do some real damageI can outrun a centaurPain for PainTime to do some real damageI can outrun a centaurI feel goodI can outrun a centaur

Glorious days...

Some lines are really annoying.

Main: "You'll have to hit much harder!"Me: "NO! Please don't hit harder....there she goes, she's dead. Can't you shut up?! Why do you always provoke the enemy?"

Main: "Retreaaaat!"Me: "I just wanna run fast, why are you always shouting retreat? Urgh..."

Main: " I could outrun a Centaur!"Me: "Tell me something new..."

These are the lines that I like to hear:"Just one more confirmation of how great I am!""Sweet, sweet loot!""Mine, all mine!""Ohhh, shiney!"Makes me happy everytime :3

And this line always confuses me:"Lethal combination, I like it!"What combo? Who did a combo with me? What did we do? Huh?"

I wish we could change some lines. Having a few options for them...or mute some of them.

"For great justice!!""Ah, Better than moot loot.""Retreat!""I feel six feet tall!""I dare you, hit me."

I really wish my sylvari berserker would yell "more violence, less violets!" when raging.

Edit: I pretty much love anything the male Norn PC says, because I am a huge fan of Matthew Mercer. Such a talented human being.

@Squee.7829 said:Yeah, but did you know, the gateway to the mad realm goes both ways ?

And I can't outrun that dialogue because it literally follows you no matter how far you run from the NPC saying it.

Seriously. I'm glad Halloween is coming to an end so I don't have to hear that for a long time. x.x;

@ProtoGunner.4953 said:Play an asura.

This. Female, specifically. Female asura have the best character chatter/quips. :)

I personally like it when your PC is talking. On our newer PoF Elite Specs, you can barely hear what they are saying while in a battle, it's too low and I am wondering if you can turn up the volume for this? I'd love to hear what they are saying when you are using new skills.

Excelsior.

I wish my Asura would take more, but not about boons, just about things I am triggering myself.You know how often I hear "Ich fühle mich rrrriesig" ("I feel 6 feet tall") just because I pulled the trigger of my dual pistols? That is weird.I mean, it's as cringy as the TV ads when people drink Punica and goe like "AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!" And then look at the bottle, licking their lips as if they drank some Miraclux elixir enhancing their love abilities in the bed. Why would my Asura say that?

But the real, player-triggered voice lines are so rarely played. I love it when I into Sniper's cover and he talks or when firing a Death's Judgement (aka "the headshot skill") and he says one of the badass lines, such as "It's too late to run". Also, I like to hear when I am in a bad shape, for example when on fire, bleeding and such.

@echolynfan.2049 said:

@moonstarmac.4603 said:The option you want is "Disable Player Chatter". This stops the vocal side of Shouts and other useless chatter. Not sure if it affects Revenant talks with their spirits though.

I assumed that was for players only and not npcs but I'll try it thanks!

This DID work and my sanity thanks you for it lol

Archived