I think I've opened about 1k Trick or Treat bags — Guild Wars 2 Forums

I think I've opened about 1k Trick or Treat bags

One thousand trick or treat bags. I've tried to keep at least 300% magic find sometimes I get near +500%

After opening all those bags.. I got jailbroken and two ghoul amulets... thats it. After days and days and days and hours of grinding stupid bags lol. Man... what is the actual point kitten

<1

Comments

• I feel you. I only got the pistol and the dagger to drop for me after all the bags I opened. My guildmate got two touch of madness already which I was farming for, so he gave me his spare one out of pity because he knew I was trying so hard to get it.

If Life gives you lemons, put the lemons in a sack and beat up Life for giving you lemons in the first place.

• TheDevice.2751TheDevice.2751 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 6, 2017

@Haishao.6851 said:
    That's just 4 stack of bags.

How long do you think it takes to farm a stack of bags?

1. You need a labyrinth train.
    2. you need to constantly be clearing your inventory copious amounts of ueless junk
    3. You need to keep up your food

I mean it takes like a half hour to get 100 with all that set up. Maybe I opened more kitten. I honestly don't know. I don't actually save my bags like that. I open them when I have a lot of bonus magic find.

• @TheDevice.2751 said:

@Haishao.6851 said:

There are some dedicated people who can do about 4 stacks in 2 hours running a full squad. I don't care for squad running myself since I prefer to solo farm the lab. It is possible to get bags fast if you no life it.

If Life gives you lemons, put the lemons in a sack and beat up Life for giving you lemons in the first place.

edited November 6, 2017

@Haishao.6851 said:

@TheDevice.2751 said:

@Haishao.6851 said:

1 or 2 hour.

How is that even possible... I do squad runs. If you're getting four stacks in one hour you're doing something normal people cant do. I literally just got done running with a squad for like half an hour I got maybe 80 bags or so

• Haishao.6851Haishao.6851 Member ✭✭✭

@TheDevice.2751 said:

@Haishao.6851 said:

@TheDevice.2751 said:

@Haishao.6851 said:

1 or 2 hour.

How is that even possible... I do squad runs. If you're getting four stacks in one hour you're doing something normal people cant do.

You asked how long it takes to farm a stack of bags, not 4.

edited November 6, 2017

@Haishao.6851 said:

@TheDevice.2751 said:

@Haishao.6851 said:

@TheDevice.2751 said:

@Haishao.6851 said:

1 or 2 hour.

How is that even possible... I do squad runs. If you're getting four stacks in one hour you're doing something normal people cant do.

right. So even one stack of bags with a squad run, with like +400 magic find I can get about 170 bags. Where are you getting another 80 bags from tho

edited November 6, 2017

And even if it was 2 hours for a stack. Thats 8 hours of your life for 1k bags which you get 2 ghoul amulets and 1 jailbroken........... 8 hours. For that. I can spend an hour making 200 dollars irl. XD This is ridiculous. I've actually come to the point where I refuse to do any real grinding/farming in this game. There's no real benefit. RNG is atrocious when it comes to bags/drops/chests in this game. Why would you do it to yourself.

Say I farmed for another 1k bags.... another 8 hours. That 16 hours of my life to MAYBE get a chance of an item that is 200 gold in the shop. Why? Why on earth.. why on this good green planet would you do that?

• Coulter.2315Coulter.2315 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 6, 2017

@TheDevice.2751 said:

@Haishao.6851 said:

@TheDevice.2751 said:

@Haishao.6851 said:

@TheDevice.2751 said:

@Haishao.6851 said:

1 or 2 hour.

right. So even one stack of bags with a squad run, with like +400 magic find I can get about 170 bags. Where are you getting another 80 bags from tho

I use Mirage and 2x GS with Sigil of Stamina & Sigil of Energy and Infinite Horizons & Deceptive Evasion, I get about 250 bags in 30mins in a squad. Very strong loot tagging.

• @TheDevice.2751 said:

@Haishao.6851 said:

2. you need to constantly be clearing your inventory copious amounts of ueless junk

I mean it takes like a half hour to get 100 with all that set up. Maybe I opened more kitten. I honestly don't know. I don't actually save my bags like that. I open them when I have a lot of bonus magic find.

Does Magic Find affect bag-opening? I didn't think it did. Now, it may affect loot dropping, though I'm not sure about quantity; might be only rarity...but opening? Not so sure.

• Haishao.6851Haishao.6851 Member ✭✭✭

@TheDevice.2751 said:
    And even if it was 2 hours for a stack. Thats 8 hours of your life for 1k bags which you get 2 ghoul amulets and 1 jailbroken........... 8 hours. For that. I can spend an hour making 200 dollars irl. XD This is ridiculous. I've actually come to the point where I refuse to do any real grinding/farming in this game. There's no real benefit. RNG is atrocious when it comes to bags/drops/chests in this game. Why would you do it to yourself.

Say I farmed for another 1k bags.... another 8 hours. That 16 hours of my life to MAYBE get a chance of an item that is 200 gold in the shop. Why? Why on earth.. why on this good green planet would you do that?

Why not covert gems to gold and buy them off the TP?
    I just made 200 bags in 30 minutes following a random squad. Which mean I lied. A stack takes between 30 minutes to 1 hour.

• Zeivu.3615Zeivu.3615 Member ✭✭✭

It's easy to get that many in an hour. All you have to do is run with a zerg.

• DeadlySynz.3471DeadlySynz.3471 Member ✭✭✭✭

@TheDevice.2751 said:

@Haishao.6851 said:

Takes me less than 2 hours to get 4 stacks of bags in the laby. But it's likely the class; I ran both reaper and scourge in there and it's easy to clean up on doors. Ranger isn't nearly as effective, and I imagine most melee classes aren't effective either

• Ayumi Spender.1082Ayumi Spender.1082 Member ✭✭✭✭

I'm sure I've opened like over 5,000 bags and got nothing out of them. The rest I just sold and made my lunatic armour.

• Samnang.1879Samnang.1879 Member ✭✭✭✭

rnjesus blessed me and gave me phos infusion after ~500 bags. but now after 2k bags, i dont got nothing

Anet: give us in-game customizable human NPC companion please
    Please, no more balance changes, or at least reset our gears so we don't have to waste gold changing gears every time.
    Please have option to not receive bloodstone dusts, empyreal fragments, dragonite etc

• Ashen.2907Ashen.2907 Member ✭✭✭✭

@TheDevice.2751 said:

Why? Why on earth.. why on this good green planet would you do that?

Now that is the best point raised so far. Why did you do that?

• Dreamy Lu.3865Dreamy Lu.3865 Member ✭✭✭✭

@ OP, that's exactly the reason why so many players - like me - sell their bags nowadays. This year, I have even stopped farming them.

I'm out of my mind, feel free to leave a message...

• Kronos.3695Kronos.3695 Member ✭✭✭

1k bags is literally nothing do get any data.
    But, if this can be confortable to you, bags are totally not worth opening.

Kronos Ledaloth
    Leader and founder of Bloodstone Keepers [BloS] - Visit us at our website or facebook page!

• Danikat.8537Danikat.8537 Member ✭✭✭✭

If you want a specific item it's almost always better to sell the bags and buy it than to try and get it as a drop.

If it dropped frequently it wouldn't be worth so much because there would be many more being sold and fewer people buying them.

"Hard knocks, bad luck, been knocked down,
    You got back up, rise up, shine on, keep on fighting, the war is almost done...But then I hear you're gone.
    I feel, when the lights go down, you are still here, all you hold dear remains.
    Your star never fades."

• Klowdy.3126Klowdy.3126 Member ✭✭✭

There is a YouTube video of a guy opening 100k bags, and he didn't get but a handful of items people are hunting for. 1k is nothing.

• Dashiva.6149Dashiva.6149 Member ✭✭✭

@Haishao.6851 said:

• @Klowdy.3126 said:
    There is a YouTube video of a guy opening 100k bags, and he didn't get but a handful of items people are hunting for. 1k is nothing.

Ok....well, then his point still stands. The drop rates are way too low on the actual good stuff in the bags.

• Klowdy.3126Klowdy.3126 Member ✭✭✭

@chronometria.3708 said:

@Klowdy.3126 said:

Ok....well, then his point still stands. The drop rates are way too low on the actual good stuff in the bags.

I never said drop rates were low, or that he was wrong. What I was saying is at least he didn't put in that much work to get nothing at all. I mean, I ended up with almost 300 without doing any of the Halloween stuff past day one.

• Shirlias.8104Shirlias.8104 Member ✭✭✭✭

@TheDevice.2751 said:
    I've tried to keep at least 300% magic find sometimes I get near +500%

Am i missing anything or else, since when the bags are influenced by mf?

• @Shirlias.8104 said:

@TheDevice.2751 said:

Honestly, I don't think they are. Some of us like to hope though. I crank my MF up when opening BLCs...in one week I got a Perma TP and Greatsaw Skin (from the Evan Gnashblade ToTs). But in truth, I know MF is nothing more than an illusion of an illusion....so much so that even Lyssa would be impressed.

Wolf Moonstar
    Dragon Council, Third Seat: Jade Sea Haven (Jade) of Ehmry Bay
    My Ryzen Rig

@Shirlias.8104 said:

@TheDevice.2751 said:

Well I never knew they weren't lol. See what do i know anyways.

• Just wait for wintersday even though you might get the same result. At least it's more enjoyable.

Create better achievement rewards @Gaile Gray.6029

• Wolfheart.7483Wolfheart.7483 Member ✭✭✭

I can farm a stack of bags in 60-75 minutes, solo, staff daredevil. It isn't hard to get bags in large quantities.

• @TheDevice.2751 said:

@Shirlias.8104 said:

@TheDevice.2751 said:

Well I never knew they weren't lol. See what do i know anyways.

Containers affected by MF notes it in the tooltip. If it doesn't say it is, it's not affected.

• @chronometria.3708 said:

@Klowdy.3126 said:

That point still sits ;), i.e. it's an unreasonable expectation: if the drop rates were higher, the stuff wouldn't be "good"; it would be cheap throw-away skins on the TP.

Currently, there are 4 million bags for sale on the TP. That doesn't include the stacks that people have hoarded (and from all indications, for stuff like this, what we see on the TP is a tiny fraction of what people have squirreled away). And it doesn't include all the bags that people have opened.

From the various data, we can estimate that the drop rate for the new torch is about 4 in 100k bags, i.e. 25 thousand to one. If we opened just the bags available on the TP now (4 mil), we'd end up with another 40 Touches of Madness, which would more than double the supply on the TP, driving down the price.

In short, the existence of "good stuff" depends on lower-than-low drop rates, when the source containers outnumber players.

"Face the facts. Then act on them. It's ...the only doctrine I have to offer you, & it's harder than you'd think, because I swear humans seem hardwired to do anything but. Face the facts. Don't pray, don't wish, ...FACE THE FACTS. THEN act." — Quellcrist Falconer

• InsaneQR.7412InsaneQR.7412 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Haishao.6851 said:

@TheDevice.2751 said:

@Haishao.6851 said:

1 or 2 hour.

Yeah it took me half an our for a stack.A noob from my guild got touch of madness in 2 days. He just played every evening labyrinth for loot.
    He got about 4k of bags.

• Why are you making yourself miserable OP?

• Gilgamesh VII.8690Gilgamesh VII.8690 Member ✭✭
    edited November 6, 2017

@Shirlias.8104 said:

@TheDevice.2751 said:

The MF isn't for the opening bags but for the drops when you kill monsters in the lab, I think having high MF helps with getting more ToT bags from loot drops. Also only a few bags are effected by MF so it will be in the items description if it is effected by it.

• Khisanth.2948Khisanth.2948 Member ✭✭✭✭

Your 1k bags have given much better results than mine. Across all the years the Halloween event has been around I think the only noteworthy thing I've gotten out of them was a gift of souls last year and some of the weapons but the weapons was from the period when they had the wrong drop rate.

• Sobx.1758Sobx.1758 Member ✭✭✭✭

Guys, I bought 100 lottery tickets and didn't win yet, where should I complain about it?

• @TheDevice.2751 said:
    And even if it was 2 hours for a stack. Thats 8 hours of your life for 1k bags which you get 2 ghoul amulets and 1 jailbroken........... 8 hours. For that. I can spend an hour making 200 dollars irl.

If you can make $200/hr irl, you should have done that, then bought Gems, convert to gold, buy 100,000 ToT bags on the TP like the other players, and spend the time you saved from farming to open them all.

• I opened somewhere around 7500 bags. If you want a particular skin, just buy it. Selling a thousand buckets would have gotten you enough for the torch.

• @TheDevice.2751 said:

@Haishao.6851 said:

@TheDevice.2751 said:

I don't believe someone who can't figure out how to maximize the amount of bags per hour (or at least google reddit threads on the topic) is capable of making $200/hr. Getting around 400-500 bags per hour is my normal take. I pull that by running my chronomancer with GS and Sword/Torch combo. I stack up on damage wells and blink. Signet of Inspiration for near constant swiftness. Stand at the front of the pack and pew pew everything.

The key is to find a commander that only opens Vet/Foe doors. Make sure they do a half-rotation before clearing mid, then another half-rotation before doing mid again. You can clear mid twice in a full rotation of the outside of the map.

I'm guessing you're making $22/hr as some mid-level electrician... which is actually a good profession to be in. You just need to find ways to improve yourself and your game if you want to maximize your earning potential.

• Nuka Cola.8520Nuka Cola.8520 Member ✭✭✭✭

GW2 has a non existent reward system.

• Danikat.8537Danikat.8537 Member ✭✭✭✭

Even I can get 250 bags per hour in the Labyrinth and I deliberately choose groups that do all the doors, including the bosses whenever they come up, and don't go out of my way to tag every enemy (in fact I'll sometimes fall behind the group because I've decided to stay behind and kill a particular one for whatever reason).

But I also worked out a few years ago that if you want a specific item and it's not account bound on acquire you're much better off selling the bags and using the money to buy it. The prices are mainly determined by the drop rate, but also influenced by demand (less popular items will be cheaper) and people who got lucky and so undervalue it, people who want a quick sale and people who don't take the time to calculate the cost to them in getting the drop, all of which bring the price down. The end result is that on average it will be slightly cheaper to buy it directly than to farm/buy bags and try for a drop.

"Hard knocks, bad luck, been knocked down,
    You got back up, rise up, shine on, keep on fighting, the war is almost done...But then I hear you're gone.
    I feel, when the lights go down, you are still here, all you hold dear remains.
    Your star never fades."

• you can get 500 tot bags in 1h easily, just play Daredevil shortbow pew pew
    So yeah 1k tot bags are not that much, You lucky to even get any rare drops from that small number.
    But too late now Halloween gonna finish xD

• Shirlias.8104Shirlias.8104 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 7, 2017

@Ze Dos Cavalos.6132 said:
    you can get 500 tot bags in 1h easily, just play Daredevil shortbow pew pew
    So yeah 1k tot bags are not that much, You lucky to even get any rare drops from that small number.
    But too late now Halloween gonna finish xD

He could have done that with any class, but he did state

I deliberately choose groups that do all the doors, including the bosses whenever they come up

that's why 250 per hour.

• @Shirlias.8104 said:

I deliberately choose groups that do all the doors, including the bosses whenever they come up

that's why 250 per hour.

Yes, that was the person's point: getting 250/hour isn't that difficult, even with one hand tied behind their commander's back (by dealing with the bosses).

"Face the facts. Then act on them. It's ...the only doctrine I have to offer you, & it's harder than you'd think, because I swear humans seem hardwired to do anything but. Face the facts. Don't pray, don't wish, ...FACE THE FACTS. THEN act." — Quellcrist Falconer

• reukies.6418reukies.6418 Member ✭✭
    edited November 7, 2017

@TheDevice.2751 said:

I get 500~ bags an hour...theres a youtube video about it aswell...pretty sure people can get 750 an hour with maxed mf. I had around 450-550 mf during my grind times with a group that did a fast rotation (the squad was full of daredevils), ignored all doors but mob doors, also ignored horror which most groups dont do.

• Cyprien.4208Cyprien.4208 Member ✭✭✭

@TheDevice.2751 said:
    One thousand trick or treat bags. I've tried to keep at least 300% magic find sometimes I get near +500%

After opening all those bags.. I got jailbroken and two ghoul amulets... thats it. After days and days and days and hours of grinding stupid bags lol. Man... what is the actual point kitten

I open personal only and got touch of madness.

• Bloodstealer.5978Bloodstealer.5978 Member ✭✭✭✭

I've opened approx. 3-4k bags so far from casual farming of the lab, random mob drops and doing dailies.
    The first few days I thought the drops rates for items musta been messed up cos I managed to pull a couple of poly lumi refractor trinkets, a mini Gustav the Caramel Corn Ele, Onus, Grims Pact, Assassins Primordous GS, several Nightwings, Unopened Endless Batwing Brew and a Touch of madness.

But after those first lucky few days I've gotten nothing but a trashcan (or multiple trashcans) full of useless cakes and tonics.... so I figured my luck had run dry early and decided to chase bags even less.

Life is what YOU make it... NOT what others tell you!

• Thelgar.7214Thelgar.7214 Member ✭✭✭

I enjoy farming the lab, so I don't notice the drop rates much. Seemed stingier this year than last though. I think I got one or two decent things like a mini or such. But I was able to buy a phospholuminescent infusion for a decent price this year, so I'm assuming enough dropped to make it affordable.

• Wolfheart.7483Wolfheart.7483 Member ✭✭✭

As another anecdote to random luck:
    I have opened over 100,000 bags during Halloween. Probably over 150,000. I have gotten a couple dozen Oontz's amulets, 6 endless batwing, 8 Touch of Madness, a dozen each of zuzu and devil dog, 4 Charlies, a few each of Gift of Spiders/Moon/Souls, numerous exo weapons. Didn't get the phospho infusion but I got 2 of those this past spring opening bags I bought off TP.

You know what I didn't get? Gustav. Somehow amidst all those bags/drops, that little kitten eluded me.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.