I think I've opened about 1k Trick or Treat bags

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Haishao.6851 said:That's just 4 stack of bags.

How long do you think it takes to farm a stack of bags?

1. You need a labyrinth train.
  2. you need to constantly be clearing your inventory copious amounts of ueless junk
  3. You need to keep up your food

I mean it takes like a half hour to get 100 with all that set up. Maybe I opened more ffs. I honestly don't know. I don't actually save my bags like that. I open them when I have a lot of bonus magic find.

@TheDevice.2751 said:

How long do you think it takes to
farm
a stack of bags?

There are some dedicated people who can do about 4 stacks in 2 hours running a full squad. I don't care for squad running myself since I prefer to solo farm the lab. It is possible to get bags fast if you no life it.

@Haishao.6851 said:

@TheDevice.2751 said:

farm
a stack of bags?

1 or 2 hour.

How is that even possible... I do squad runs. If you're getting four stacks in one hour you're doing something normal people cant do. I literally just got done running with a squad for like half an hour I got maybe 80 bags or so

@TheDevice.2751 said:

@Haishao.6851 said:

@TheDevice.2751 said:

farm
a stack of bags?

1 or 2 hour.

How is that even possible... I do squad runs. If you're getting four stacks in one hour you're doing something normal people cant do.

You asked how long it takes to farm a stack of bags, not 4.

@Haishao.6851 said:

@TheDevice.2751 said:

@Haishao.6851 said:

@TheDevice.2751 said:

farm
a stack of bags?

1 or 2 hour.

How is that even possible... I do squad runs. If you're getting four stacks in one hour you're doing something normal people cant do.

right. So even one stack of bags with a squad run, with like +400 magic find I can get about 170 bags. Where are you getting another 80 bags from tho

And even if it was 2 hours for a stack. Thats 8 hours of your life for 1k bags which you get 2 ghoul amulets and 1 jailbroken........... 8 hours. For that. I can spend an hour making 200 dollars irl. XD This is ridiculous. I've actually come to the point where I refuse to do any real grinding/farming in this game. There's no real benefit. RNG is atrocious when it comes to bags/drops/chests in this game. Why would you do it to yourself.

Say I farmed for another 1k bags.... another 8 hours. That 16 hours of my life to MAYBE get a chance of an item that is 200 gold in the shop. Why? Why on earth.. why on this good green planet would you do that?

@TheDevice.2751 said:

@Haishao.6851 said:

@TheDevice.2751 said:

@Haishao.6851 said:

@TheDevice.2751 said:

farm
a stack of bags?

1 or 2 hour.

right. So even one stack of bags with a squad run, with like +400 magic find I can get about 170 bags. Where are you getting another 80 bags from tho

I use Mirage and 2x GS with Sigil of Stamina & Sigil of Energy and Infinite Horizons & Deceptive Evasion, I get about 250 bags in 30mins in a squad. Very strong loot tagging.

@TheDevice.2751 said:

farm
a stack of bags?
  2. you need to constantly be clearing your inventory
    copious
    amounts of ueless junk

I mean it takes like a half hour to get 100 with all that set up. Maybe I opened more kitten. I honestly don't know. I don't actually save my bags like that. I open them when I have a lot of bonus magic find.

Does Magic Find affect bag-opening? I didn't think it did. Now, it may affect loot dropping, though I'm not sure about quantity; might be only rarity...but opening? Not so sure.

@TheDevice.2751 said:And even if it was 2 hours for a stack. Thats 8 hours of your life for 1k bags which you get 2 ghoul amulets and 1 jailbroken........... 8 hours. For that. I can spend an hour making 200 dollars irl. XD This is ridiculous. I've actually come to the point where I refuse to do any real grinding/farming in this game. There's no real benefit. RNG is atrocious when it comes to bags/drops/chests in this game. Why would you do it to yourself.

Say I farmed for another 1k bags.... another 8 hours. That 16 hours of my life to MAYBE get a chance of an item that is 200 gold in the shop. Why? Why on earth.. why on this good green planet would you do that?

Why not covert gems to gold and buy them off the TP?I just made 200 bags in 30 minutes following a random squad. Which mean I lied. A stack takes between 30 minutes to 1 hour.

There's been data on 200k worth of bags available on Reddit since the first days of Halloween. The drop rates are pretty clear.

• The average value of the contents is always pretty close to the TP/market value of the bags, mostly a bit lower, although it's also been as much as a silver higher this year.
  • That average value includes the fractional drop rate items that have huge values. If you ignore those items, the average value of the contents is far less than the TP price of the bags.

That means you should sell the bags unless you like opening them for the entertainment value. Even those opening 200k bags had different results: one was luckier than the other. Those of us opening merely 1k bags are not going to see average results; we're going to be unlucky. Sure, someone is going to get the good drops opening just a few bags, but it's unlikely to be you or I.

ANet is never going to release an RNG container item that has enormous supply that is going to have "decent" chances of getting the good stuff with fewer than hundreds of stacks. If the "good stuff" dropped reliably from only 1000 bags, it would become common, because nearly everyone in the game can afford the time/coin to get that many, and lots of us can afford far more. So in the end, it wouldn't be "good stuff" any more, it would just be a skin that everyone has.

tl;dr

• If you like opening bags, open them.
  • If you prefer the coin, sell them.
  • It's mathematically unreasonable to expect that 1000 bags is enough to get "the good stuff" — being super rare is what allows it to have a strong market price.

@TheDevice.2751 said:

farm
a stack of bags?
  2. you need to constantly be clearing your inventory
    copious
    amounts of ueless junk

I mean it takes like a half hour to get 100 with all that set up. Maybe I opened more kitten. I honestly don't know. I don't actually save my bags like that. I open them when I have a lot of bonus magic find.

Takes me less than 2 hours to get 4 stacks of bags in the laby. But it's likely the class; I ran both reaper and scourge in there and it's easy to clean up on doors. Ranger isn't nearly as effective, and I imagine most melee classes aren't effective either

Archived