Time to give some love to Legendary Greatswords?

Many legendaries in the game have custom projectiles, skill effects and sounds, but Sunrise, Twilight & Eternity have "only" their static skins. I can see the reasoning behind this, as GS is mostly a melee weapon, but I think our legendary greatswords are so amazing they deserve a bit of extra love. They are a result of hard work after all.

I'm writing this as a Mesmer main, and while swinging the sword around does provide nice arc effects, the purple beams and skill effects don't really fit the weapon's theme at all, which is a shame. It would be amazing to get a custom golden beam and effects while wielding Sunrise, and dark/red ones with Twilight. For other classes, GS usually has mobility skills and big animations, so some extra effects could be added there as well. And I'm not talking about anything extreme and messy, but rather a little something to highlight the weapon's legendary status while using skills with it.

Anyone else in favour of turning our legendary greatswords into even more legendary ones?

@Nilson.9865 said:Seems fair to me. But it will not happened. All ranged legendary weapons have its own unique projectile.

1. Mesmer casts beam attack instead of projectile.
  2. Greatsword is not ranged weapon./sad

Guardian do throw their GS. That being said, like most legendaries, theese ones do look silly so it's not like we're missing on anything.

@Nilson.9865 said:Seems fair to me. But it will not happened. All ranged legendary weapons have its own unique projectile.

More than just ranged weapons have unique projectiles for skills where the weapon is thrown. Incinerator, for example.

1. ....on any class except mesmer. So it is a ranged weapon in their case. Something shooting a beam instead of a projectile does not mean it isn't a ranged attack.

Why won't it happen? I don't know much about programming, but skill effects and their colours are definitely something that can be adjusted. Anet did tweak a lot of the other legendaries earlier, so I assume changing the beam colour to match the weapon's theme would be quite easy. But like I said, I don't know much about the technical stuff.

Of course, extra effects should be added for other professions as well, because it would be unfair if only Mesmers got an upgraded legendary. Ranged legendaries have custom projectiles, and greatsword IS a ranged weapon for mesmers, thus deserves a custom "projectile" as well. That's my humble opinion.

Archived