Essence of Luck after you reach 300%

I convert to exotic (200 luck) and store them on an alt, because I can afford the space. If I couldn't, I'd "consume all" (rather than the delete). I don't believe ANet will increase the cap, but if they did, I'd rather have them as part of my account then lost to the ether.

edit: not sure how we all missed this for 2.5 months, but I typed the wrong amount for 'exotic' essence; they are only 200 luck.

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:I convert to exotic (500 luck) and store them on an alt, because I can afford the space. If I couldn't, I'd "consume all" (rather than the delete). I don't believe ANet will increase the cap, but if they did, I'd rather have them as part of my account then lost to the ether.

I do exactly the same thing. I have an alt whose inventory is filled with stacks of luck. They may never increase the MF cap but maybe some alternative will appear (bonus karma, gold, xp, etc., like achievement chests, or perhaps new crafting for those of us not focused on guilds).

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:I convert to exotic (500 luck) and store them on an alt, because I can afford the space. If I couldn't, I'd "consume all" (rather than the delete). I don't believe ANet will increase the cap, but if they did, I'd rather have them as part of my account then lost to the ether.

Thanks for posting this IWN! I've been wondering what to do. I'm at 292% right now so it won't be long before I am gathering them up too. I have plenty of room for storage as well so I'll do just what you are doing. I'm sure future recipes/upgrades will require them.

@Vavume.8065 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:I feel so insignificant with my paltry 137% :(

I'm 129% and don't see ways of getting it up that high anymore.

Play the game more, post on the forum less, ez.

Um. I'm on the game sometimes 6+ hours a day. Certian days 12+ hours when I have literally nothing to do and no where to go.Takes days to get 1% right now. I can't imagine "if" I ever get to the 200s or 250s and needing to get the rest.

I save em, though it's going to be hard and hard

5L1PqbO.jpg

Here's my artificer almost full ( i will need soon to move em to an alt ).Since the mf system is not structured in a proper way, is it obvious that is going to be somehow reworked, but the real question is when.

Currently, MF as a wallet currency would be imho the best ( then they will be able to put a vendor whenever they want ).And ofc, for those who still haven't reached the cap, the vendor could be used to trade the currency for essences, which could be consumed.

ps: message for ANET > an eater won't do ANYTHING, because unlike ascended materials, there are no way to stack or use em ( we do have 8 ascended material eaters, a way to convert 100 units of em into a ingot, and some recipes which can be used. Also they can be fit into storage raw or refined ).

@CalamityO.2890 said:A better question; is there a DR after a certain percentage of magic find, since it doesn't yield any better loot once you've hit 300% (could be wrong here).

No, DR doesn't apply to your MF.

And the data shows that MF above 300% does give better loot. @Wanze.8410 has made a couple of posts on the topic, sometimes on Reddit as Rude Asura. It's become easier to test in the last year, notably with Lunar New Year Lucky Envelopes and Unidentified Gear. In both cases, there are substantial differences between e.g. 30%, 300%, and 800% MF.

In other words, all things equal, it's better to run with as much Magic Find as you can manage. The only reason why most of us don't is that it's impractical to maintain extra MF all the time, so we tend stick with our account bound MF plus maybe some pumpkin cookies and H'ween tonics (both super cheap year round).

My behavior is identical.

Nearly done filling another mule (4th?) with exotic stacks. I do not believe they will, but if they ever were to add another use for luck in the future then I'd have it. In the meantime, storing them is no issue and the characters are good for prezzies.

I've only just cracked the 150 mark, so it will be a while till it's a problem I have to face, but I do think that there needs to be ways for capped players to use their excess luck.Halloween is a good time to boost MF if you're not capped, as the ToT bags contain a lot of essences of luck. With only a small amount of farming (<1000 bags) I've increased my MF by 4 or 5 percent this year

@StinVec.3621 said:In the meantime, storing them is no issue and the characters are good for prezzies.

That's not totally true imho.It's a decent amount of time spent converting em ( though you can still do something else while crafting ), and the fact crafting skills are still not account bound don't help.

Btw i optimize the time spent doing other stuff, but still really they should do something ._.

@Shirlias.8104 said:Halloween + Salvage

Then you must be the person who yells at me for sitting on a griffon in the lab.

I used to buy tons of blues/greens off the t.p. and salvage them for lucky poits, but 'only' reached 200 because the progression curve starting to bite me. Considering rhis, I'm nowhere near 300 yet.