Lore behind Legendaries?

Theandil.6045

Hello,

I was curious about stories which maybe lie behind Legendaries. We have them, they are some kind of "legendary" but what makes them legendary? (Instead of price :) )Why is Incinerator flaming dagger? Why Frostfang look like Jormag, or any other Legendary. Who was welding them before us? :)

I start asking this questions when saw Aurora. 4 Small orbits around your head, but what they are? Planets? Or some kind of "lost" energy?I try search over internet or ingame, but I find no any information about them. They are just legendary, or called by players - prestige.

What you think, dont you think every legendary deserve somehow her small story?

Some of them have stories based on lore tie-ins - the Flameseeker Prophecies, the Shining Blade, and so on.

Broadly speaking, I think that's the idea behind precursor crafting collections, that is until ArenaNet stopped making specific collections. Legendaries are items that were crafted in the present day, rather than ancient weapons passed down over time, but the crafting process does involve drawing from other power sources. You'd need to look at the original collection to see what those sources are.

For instance, Frostfang involves first collecting essence from significant champions of all the Elder Dragons (except Stevebubbles) and then collecting ice from all across Tyria.

Nevermore involves a lot of stuff with the Norn Raven spirit. It's a bit fuzzy, but it seems like you make a vessel to hatch a physical raven spirit and fuse it into your weapon. Not sure how the Norn feel about me taking one of their gods (or the closest Norn equivalent, or whatever) and using it as a weapon, but they haven't complained so far.

Archived