Tahlkora's Fate (Spoilery for PoF)

Malignant.6581

@moonstarmac.4603 said:I would love if we could restore her or at least free her in LWS4. With Livia's help, it shouldn't be too hard.Even if she were freed from Joko's influence somehow, she's also blind, handless and mostly dead. Restoring her is definitely not an option, considering she's been like that for around 200 years. Releasing her from Joko's influence probably will involve killing Joko somehow, which will not be easy. Plus, if we do release her, how will those who haven't unlocked the griffon mount unlock it? Or will that be a prerequisite to freeing her?

I hope that our hero finally returns to being a hero and indeed tries to free her and generally aims to destroy those who are enemies of life. He always talk about these things and does them only in instances, not when he faces foes like Lazarus he just bashes because his new buddies said so.^^

@Rognik.2579 said:

@moonstarmac.4603 said:I would love if we could restore her or at least free her in LWS4. With Livia's help, it shouldn't be too hard.Even if she were freed from Joko's influence somehow, she's also blind, handless and mostly dead. Restoring her is definitely not an option, considering she's been like that for around 200 years. Releasing her from Joko's influence probably will involve killing Joko somehow, which will not be easy. Plus, if we do release her, how will those who haven't unlocked the griffon mount unlock it? Or will that be a prerequisite to freeing her?

It's part of the point that she isn't under Joko's control. Joko had the ability to withdraw the animating power from her (and did so) but if another necromancer animated her corpse and gave her control over it, there's probably not much Joko could do. At most he could withdraw the 'spark of Awakening' altogether... which would release her spirit to potentially fight on as a ghost.

@Ayumi Spender.1082 said:

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:At the very least, we and/or the Sunspears should prop her up in a chair. How could they leave her lying on the ground like that?

I think laying down is more comfy than being stuck sitting upright in a chair for maybe another 200 years.I say, just get her a pillow.I dunno. I think we can make her quite comfortable to be seated on, say, a throne when she's effectively immortal. Why, she could probably last 40,000 years! Spears for the Sunspear God!

@draxynnic.3719 said:

@Rognik.2579 said:

It's part of the point that she isn't under Joko's control. Joko had the ability to withdraw the animating power from her (and did so) but if another necromancer animated her corpse and gave her control over it, there's probably not much Joko could do. At most he could withdraw the 'spark of Awakening' altogether... which would release her spirit to potentially fight on as a ghost.Joko can't control her actions, but she is "alive" on his whim, and she says he has given her the barest glimmer of a spark just so she can't move on but also can't cause any more trouble. At least until the storm cleared up so a troublesome hero could come and help her rebuild the Sunspears.

Tahlkora's fate was indeed sad and a horrible death. I'm glad we did know what happened to her and what's she was up to after Abaddon's defeat. I hope we'll get more of her, maybe flashbacks of where she was the last Spearmarshal?

RIP Tahlkora. :disappointed:Joko will pay for this! Death to Joko!!! :rage:

@Alga.6498 said:Tahlkora's fate was indeed sad and a horrible death. I'm glad we did know what happened to her and what's she was up to after Abaddon's defeat. I hope we'll get more of her, maybe flashbacks of where she was the last Spearmarshal?

RIP Tahlkora. :disappointed:Joko will pay for this! Death to Joko!!! :rage:

Calling 911-Joko on you! Traitors shall be punished!

@Ayumi Spender.1082 said:

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:At the very least, we and/or the Sunspears should prop her up in a chair. How could they leave her lying on the ground like that?

I think laying down is more comfy than being stuck sitting upright in a chair for maybe another 200 years.I say, just get her a pillow.

Not in that position it isn't. And reclined in a chair can be mighty comfortable... though I'm not sure an undead who cannot move her body can differ between a comfortable position and a non-comfortable one.

@Rognik.2579 said:

@draxynnic.3719 said:

@Rognik.2579 said:

It's part of the point that she isn't under Joko's control. Joko had the ability to withdraw the animating power from her (and did so) but if another necromancer animated her corpse and gave her control over it, there's probably not much Joko could do. At most he could withdraw the 'spark of Awakening' altogether... which would release her spirit to potentially fight on as a ghost.Joko can't control her actions, but she is "alive" on his whim, and she says he has given her the barest glimmer of a spark just so she can't move on but also can't cause any more trouble. At least until the storm cleared up so a troublesome hero could come and help her rebuild the Sunspears.

In a world where people coming back as ghosts if they feel they have sufficient drive to do so is a thing - and Dunkoro has already set a precedent for that - it's probably better for Joko to have Tahlkora's spirit bound to an inert corpse rather than free to wander and cause trouble as a ghost.

Unless he's refined his degree of control substantially since Nightfall, he doesn't appear to have the ability to "de-Awaken" somebody remotely. Even if he does, though, there's a good chance it would be doing Tahlkora a favour by releasing her spirit.

Archived