WVW Spellbreaker

mantisboxer.9608

You can probably run in full greens and still faceroll as a Spellbreaker in WvW, as it currently stands. I honestly wouldn't be surprised.

In all seriousness though, it's your personal preference regarding mara for more vitality since a few builds tend to tank things up a bit due to all the power-creep floating around. You never know that extra vit might save you from a killing blow. On the contrary, even zerg warri builds run full zerker stats simply because warri in general has a plethora of passives and active blocks, invuls etc. Play well and zerker will serve you good. Mara's is still good, too if you find yourself taking too many hits. Dmg-wise mara's still should be fairly hard hitting. How are you planning on generating might and is that your crit chance without fury?

In a zerg situation, which is how I prefer to play, generally people around me are generating might, I believe my burst skill off my GS generates might too? Could be wrong though. That is also my crit chance without fury. Looking at the latest builds for SB, it generally is lacking the ability for generating might.

@mantisboxer.9608 said:In a zerg situation, which is how I prefer to play, generally people around me are generating might, I believe my burst skill off my GS generates might too? Could be wrong though. That is also my crit chance without fury. Looking at the latest builds for SB, it generally is lacking the ability for generating might.

Ah ok, I thought you implied roaming. Either way, there is a shield trait that grants might upon blocking. Arcing Slice grants you fury, not might. Since you are going to be zerging you should have no problem in a squad comp regarding obtaining might, along with other boons. Take into considering food consumables as well if you find yourself struggling to keep up might stacks (though I highly doubt it within a zerg) so here are some options including sigils:

• Plate of Roasted Cactus - Gives 5 seconds of might on a 1 second internal cooldown (+100 Ferocity, 33% Chance to cause might on critical)
  • Superior Sigil of Strength - 60% Chance on Critical: Gain Might (10 Seconds) (Cooldown: 1 Second)
  • Superior Sigil of Ruthlessness - Gain might when interrupting a foe. (Grants 5 stacks of might for 3 seconds. Not sure if there is an ICD for WvW, wiki didn't state anything.)

Anyway, the Ruthlessness sig could come in handy after you've popped your winds elite skill into zergs, albeit Absorption sigil is currently classed as meta (removes boons) Hope that helps.

Spellbreakers in full Marauders should work fairly well for zerg combat. If you're running with a fully comped group, then zerkers will likely serve you better, since you'll be getting more reliable support. But if you don't have that reliable support, Marauders is a pretty solid choice to beef up a bit while still doing good damage. And, it does give you a bit of a survival buffer. Running full zerkers in zergs at times can feel a bit like, if you make one mistake, you're dead. (But some of that will also depend on what your utilities are. I've ditched Endure Pain for Break Enchantments, so that's one of my major survival buttons gone.) If you're in full Marauders though, that should definitely give you a decent buffer to survive those mistakes.

Archived