Video - Soulbeast (Burst Mode)

Sol.4310

If sic em isnt nerfed today I will be shocked (along with worldly impact). We've been abusing this broken 40% dmg increase for weeks now. Especially stacking it with all the ferocity sources you have access to with soulbeast etc. Whilst hilarious, and good payback for all the broken thief and mesmer one-shot cheese we've seen over the years, history has shown us that ranger cannot be allowed to have this sort of power.

@"Pterikdactyl.7630"You will be surprised at how much survival you get when your target blows up. Sic'Em is way of life.

@lightningz.1465Glad you enjoy the build, I'm still getting used to it myself. I left for over a year come back week after PoF release.

@Sandzibar.5134I don't believe it will be nerfed, only reason Sic'Em is working for me in a burst build is due to Unstoppable Union and it takes bit to setup. You have to give up almost all your condition removal, top it off you only have one escape combo if it fails your dead. 90% of my deaths are to conditions, being unable to remove them. Sic'Em has always been strong just Soulbeast finally gives us real burst damage that can be countered.

Also I rarely see any ranger running Sic'Em there always meta build or some condition build. Lots are still running druid as many hate Soulbeast and think its weak.

To counter the combo all you need to do is dodge, or use your immunity to damage.

@"Ghorman.1368"Reason I didn't post the build yet, was due to balance patch wasn't sure if the build would be nerfed.

Build Link

I plan on making a guide, the build isn't easy to play and requires set style and has set combos', will get it done hopefully soon. I plan to play this build, well versions of it whole season.

@Sol.4310 said:@"Ghorman.1368"Reason I didn't post the build yet, was due to balance patch wasn't sure if the build would be nerfed.

Build Link

I plan on making a guide, the build isn't easy to play and requires set style and has set combos', will get it done hopefully soon. I plan to play this build, well versions of it whole season.

Just curious, why 2 ferocity pets? isn't the f3 cd tied?

Can't watch the video but just thinking out loud, dps ranger has always been on the cusp of viability. HoT pushed that viability further out of reach, mainly due to Ranger's damage/enemies sustainability ratío being unfavorable. Seems like Soulbeast helps mend the damage gap we have been missing. And with these changes today, id imagine warrior will fade away and scourge will stay. Warrior has always been a dampener on ranger dreams and ranger has always done well vs necros. Will be interesting to see if dps soulbeast can be truly viable in top tier pvp this season.

@StickerHappy.8052 said:

@Sol.4310 said:@"Ghorman.1368"Reason I didn't post the build yet, was due to balance patch wasn't sure if the build would be nerfed.

Just curious, why 2 ferocity pets? isn't the f3 cd tied?

Sometimes, but not often, Smokescale is burst rotation pet. Gazelle is more of utilities pet with additional damage, something the video doesn't show is how I use Gazelle to escape and reset or how I use Gazelle F2 to self peel, I think you get drift and damage really wasn't that bad I've landed some killer combo's more than Smokescale using Gazelle.

@Sandzibar.5134 said:If sic em isnt nerfed today I will be shocked (along with worldly impact). We've been abusing this broken 40% dmg increase for weeks now. Especially stacking it with all the ferocity sources you have access to with soulbeast etc. Whilst hilarious, and good payback for all the broken thief and mesmer one-shot cheese we've seen over the years, history has shown us that ranger cannot be allowed to have this sort of power.

From what i hear, it doesnt give 40% increased damage nor does it give them increased movement speed. I am guessing that is why it hasnt been nerfed. It 100% doesnt give the moment speed. The damage incease is like 25% or something like that from what i hear.

As for Worldly Impact, that is SO easy avoid (unless used with quickness) you have to time it perfectly to hit something that is moving as well.

@Eurantien.4632 said:Can't watch the video but just thinking out loud, dps ranger has always been on the cusp of viability. HoT pushed that viability further out of reach, mainly due to Ranger's damage/enemies sustainability ratío being unfavorable. Seems like Soulbeast helps mend the damage gap we have been missing. And with these changes today, id imagine warrior will fade away and scourge will stay. Warrior has always been a dampener on ranger dreams and ranger has always done well vs necros. Will be interesting to see if dps soulbeast can be truly viable in top tier pvp this season.

I only think its viable if you take Sic'Em, the damage outside of Sic'Em you're better off going Druid for extra cc and sustain, I'm thinking maybe with Stance changes it might open up hybrid build for Soulbeast. I've been doing some testing and dagger hits rather hard comboed with Vulture (traited) the healing you get off the trait is rather large I would go as far as saying it's almost same as normal heal...

Time will tell, can't set anything in stone or say if it will work until given really good run.

@ArmageddonAsh.6430 said:

@Sandzibar.5134 said:If sic em isnt nerfed today I will be shocked (along with worldly impact). We've been abusing this broken 40% dmg increase for weeks now. Especially stacking it with all the ferocity sources you have access to with soulbeast etc. Whilst hilarious, and good payback for all the broken thief and mesmer one-shot cheese we've seen over the years, history has shown us that ranger cannot be allowed to have this sort of power.

From what i hear, it doesnt give 40% increased damage nor does it give them increased movement speed. I am guessing that is why it hasnt been nerfed. It 100% doesnt give the moment speed. The damage incease is like 25% or something like that from what i hear.

As for Worldly Impact, that is SO easy avoid (unless used with quickness) you have to time it perfectly to hit something that is moving as well.

Sic'Em, see movement speed doesn't work in Soulbeast, doesn't really matter about movement speed part, it's traited most of the time so you're getting swiftness on use anyways, also the +40% damage increase does increase your damage by 40%, not sure who's been telling you it doesn't but it does, it's only the Movement Speed that doesn't affect you which would be handy in landing Worldly Impact and my Greatsword skills more often.

Archived