When is pvp legendary armor coming out?

Forsty.7968

Dont bother commenting about the "pvp legendary armor". It has no use whatsoever for a pvper and thus it should not be the pvp legendary armor. The only thing that matters to pvpers is cosmetics and the legendary armor doesnt even have a differing skin of the ascended one, its purely for stat purpose which again pvpers dont use. Oh and i forgot to mention the ascended armor sets might just be the worst armor set in the game when it comes to looks.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never. After they released raid legendary skins, anet said they have no plans to create more legendary armor skins (not to mention the raid one was said to be fixed few months ago and no patch yet).

Oh and i forgot to mention the ascended armor sets might just be the worst armor set in the game when it comes to looks.

This is intended, so you "have to" use transmutation charges.

@Kheldorn.5123 said:Never. After they released raid legendary skins, anet said they have no plans to create more legendary armor skins (not to mention the raid one was said to be fixed few months ago and no patch yet).

So how about give that skin on the pvp armor?

@Forsty.7968 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:Never. After they released raid legendary skins, anet said they have no plans to create more legendary armor skins (not to mention the raid one was said to be fixed few months ago and no patch yet).

They won't. They believe it's prestigue skin for raiders.

Either way, if they believe that or not, dont you think theres an obvious case of zero effort into giving pvp players legendary armor? The current pvp armor is made for pvers, it only serves purpose for that and wvw. Calling it a pvp armor and calling it a day when its just an alternative way for other game modes players to get it is disgusting.

SPvP legendary armor is only a way ( as for the one from wvw ) to get legendary armor without any challenge.

Don't bother yourself about the name itself, just cause SPvP is something dead since the release ( few players play it, so extremely low playerbase, and a hibrid system which is not exactly the definition of skill. And let's not consider the poor balance, wintrading, and the absence of separates queue, due to as said before low playerbase ).

@Shirlias.8104 said:SPvP legendary armor is only a way ( as for the one from wvw ) to get legendary armor without any challenge.

Don't bother yourself about the name itself, just cause SPvP is something dead since the release ( few players play it, so extremely low playerbase, and a hibrid system which is not exactly the definition of skill. And let's not consider the poor balance, wintrading, and the absence of separates queue, due to as said before low playerbase ).

Wvw has its own way to get a legendary armor already. They dont need a second one. Pvp has nothing.

@Forsty.7968 said:

@Shirlias.8104 said:SPvP legendary armor is only a way ( as for the one from wvw ) to get legendary armor without any challenge.

Wvw has its own way to get a legendary armor already. They dont need a second one. Pvp has nothing.

They do Frosty.WvW needs you to have from 1500 rank to 2000kWhen they finally decide to remove the rank requirement, then yes, players could not need a third option ( though i do think that allowing 1x modality is always the best way ).

Btw, i would do something about skins for the monthly tournament ( unique skin related ), or maybe for the SPvP season top players ( though wintrading could be a problem ).

About wvw i am not sure how it could be fixed ( about giving unique skins ) since it's the server + serve + lag + etc... really i don't know.

@Forsty.7968 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:WvW doesn't have unique legendary armor skin. It uses their ascended skin.

Wvw players use stats, the legendary is still useful for them. Not to mention the ascended skin looks good. Take a look at the pvp ascended skin.

"Looking good" is subjective. And legendary armor wasn't added in pvp for prestige but for people not interested in raiding to get legendary armor funcionality.

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Forsty.7968 said:

They won't. They believe it's prestigue skin for raiders.

What about "year of the ascension?"

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Forsty.7968 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:WvW doesn't have unique legendary armor skin. It uses their ascended skin.

Wvw players use stats, the legendary is still useful for them. Not to mention the ascended skin looks good. Take a look at the pvp ascended skin.

"Looking good" is subjective. And legendary armor wasn't added in pvp for prestige but for people not interested in raiding to get legendary armor funcionality.

Why call it a pvp legendary and not a secondary pve/wvw legendary? Look at the pvp ascended skin and tell me it looks good. I have yet to meet a single person in the game that would think the sets even look acceptable.

Is the wvw legendary armor "prestige" for wvwers? Of course not. But its still a useful armor set for them, it was created for them. Not everything in pvp needs to be prestige. Were the legendary wings in pvp prestige? Considering every player in the game that actually wanted them got them, no not really. Its cosmetics, something nice to go for. Thats the only thing the armor needed to give and it failed. If they wish to add skins for the Monthly ATs for example thats fine too but this was such an easy opportunity, the skin didnt even need to be anything like the animated armor of pve, just anything that you wouldnt feel like shit having as a skin.

@Forsty.7968 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Forsty.7968 said:

Why call it a pvp legendary and not a secondary pve/wvw legendary? Look at the pvp ascended skin and tell me it looks good. I have yet to meet a single person in the game that would think the sets even look acceptable.

Because you get it from PvP. You won't get legendary armor skin for pvp - neither unique nor raid one.

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Forsty.7968 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Forsty.7968 said:

Because you get it from PvP. You won't get legendary armor skin for pvp - neither unique nor raid one.

Meaning the whole implementation of the legendary pvp armor is useless to pvp players. Why would they even put it in pvp as a reward if its only an alternative way for other game modes players? Just make it a pve grind.

@Forsty.7968 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Forsty.7968 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Forsty.7968 said:

Meaning the whole implementation of the legendary pvp armor is useless to pvp players. Why would they even put it in pvp as a reward if its only an alternative way for other game modes players? Just make it a pve grind.

It is a pve grind, it's not free. And yes, it has no use in pvp. But it's not made for pvp players. It's made for people to farm ranked.

If they'll ever put raid's armor skin outside (without proprio changes) i'll forever leave gw2, all of us who did tons of tries raiding to achieve legendary armor don't even compare to farming pvp matches. If you want to get that skin in pvp (or wvw) either raise the difficulty of obaining pvp's legendary armor (which does actually requires time instead of skill) or stay as you are with an anonymous skin!

@Forsty.7968 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Forsty.7968 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Forsty.7968 said:

Meaning the whole implementation of the legendary pvp armor is useless to pvp players. Why would they even put it in pvp as a reward if its only an alternative way for other game modes players? Just make it a pve grind

Because many people demanded for it.

@Zaraki.5784 said:If they'll ever put raid's armor skin outside (without proprio changes) i'll forever leave gw2, all of us who did tons of tries raiding to achieve legendary armor don't even compare to farming pvp matches. If you want to get that skin in pvp (or wvw) either raise the difficulty of obaining pvp's legendary armor (which does actually requires time instead of skill) or stay as you are with an anonymous skin!

@Forsty.7968 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Forsty.7968 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Forsty.7968 said:

Meaning the whole implementation of the legendary pvp armor is useless to pvp players. Why would they even put it in pvp as a reward if its only an alternative way for other game modes players? Just make it a pve grind

Raiding has nothing to do with skill either.

If they'll ever put raid's armor skin outside (without proprio changes) i'll forever leave gw2, all of us who did tons of tries raiding to achieve legendary armor don't even compare to farming pvp matches. If you want to get that skin in pvp (or wvw) either raise the difficulty of obaining pvp's legendary armor (which does actually requires time instead of skill) or stay as you are with an anonymous skin!

@Forsty.7968 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Forsty.7968 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Forsty.7968 said:

@Zaraki.5784 said:If they'll ever put raid's armor skin outside (without proprio changes) i'll forever leave gw2, all of us who did tons of tries raiding to achieve legendary armor don't even compare to farming pvp matches. If you want to get that skin in pvp (or wvw) either raise the difficulty of obaining pvp's legendary armor (which does actually requires time instead of skill) or stay as you are with an anonymous skin!

@Forsty.7968 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Forsty.7968 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Forsty.7968 said:

As if raids were hard to begin with. Theres no prestige to the skin so theres no reason for there to be another way to get it. However i dont care about the raid skin, i care about the fact that the pvp armor has no skin whatsoever. I know people demanded for an alternative way to get the stats but did people demand for it to be in pvp? As i said, make it a pve grind for all i care. Pvp related rewards should be useful in the game mode they were gotten in - PvP.

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Forsty.7968 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Forsty.7968 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Forsty.7968 said:

I do agree, but is something which requires a little coordination between 10 players.The counterpar can be done in solo, also while afk.

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Forsty.7968 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Forsty.7968 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Forsty.7968 said:

That's arguable, many people are not able to do it and consider it hard...That aside, raid is SURELY harder than farming pvp matches since they always give you a small reward (in terms of achieving leg armor) even if you are the worst gw2 player.

@Zaraki.5784 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Forsty.7968 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Forsty.7968 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Forsty.7968 said:

That's arguable, many people are not able to do it and consider it hard...That aside, raid is SURELY harder than farming pvp matches since they always give you a small reward (in terms of achieving leg armor) even if you are the worst gw2 player.

You are trying to argue for the pvp legendary armor to not have a skin whatsoever which makes no sense since pvp players have no other use for it. Raiding takes more than random pvp games but not enough to call it prestige which is what you are doing.

@Zaraki.5784 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Forsty.7968 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Forsty.7968 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Forsty.7968 said:

The inconvinience of dealing with 9 other player is adressed in wvw/pvp armors as being much longer timegate than raiding armor is.

Archived