Weren't we gonna get the option to make more legendary weapons after the first?

Perez.1670

I recall that we were told if we crafted our legendaries that we would in the future get the option to craft copies of it so we could use legendary weapons on multiple characters or just dual wield some.As far as i know this hasnt been adressed yet and we were told about this before legendary crafting came out.Will it possibly be released with the expansion?

@Perez.1670 said:I recall that we were told if we crafted our legendaries that we would in the future get the option to craft copies of it so we could use legendary weapons on multiple characters or just dual wield some.As far as i know this hasnt been adressed yet and we were told about this before legendary crafting came out.Will it possibly be released with the expansion?

I think you are refering to precursor crafting since those are limited to 1 per account crafting wise. There was and is no limit on how many generation 1 legendarys you can craft and the generation 2 need only be crafted 1nce for the skin (since all generation 1 a substantially cheaper than generaion 2 you can just make one of those and copy the gen2 skin).

If you are hoping for some cheaper way of making legendary weapons, I doubt that will ever be coming to the game due to an economy balance point.

No no no, they were talking about how they would make a system to for example, after you finished HOPE, youd be able to make HOPE 2.0 (a skinless legendary tier pistol), wouldnt really impact the economy as it something you already have and they would be account bounded, they already announced these plans a year ago

after googling i found someone else who heard it https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/Can-you-craft-two-of-the-same-legendaries/first#post5896578

"During a stream previewing the new legendaries last year, it was mentioned that they are looking into a way of making a blank legendary (ie has ascended stats and ability to change stats, but no legendary skin) that can be transmuted to allow players a way to obtain duplicates of the new legendaries. I don’t think any more has been mentioned on this, so no ETA, or even confirmation that we’re definitely getting it, but it may appear at some point in the future."

Yeah I remember that. It's basically what they did for legendary armor for wvw and spvp. Nothing so far from arenanet on this topic and considering most generation 1 legendarys are 1.3-1.5k gold, I don't see that much wiggle room to make those cheaper. Maybe have the blank legendarys cost slightly sub 1k gold would work. We'll have to wait and see.

I think we'll be seeing legendary trinkets for PoF as main attraction. Maybe blank legendarys will make an appearance with the expansion after PoF as main draw.

@Perez.1670 said:after googling i found someone else who heard it https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/Can-you-craft-two-of-the-same-legendaries/first#post5896578

"During a stream previewing the new legendaries last year, it was mentioned that they are looking into a way of making a blank legendary (ie has ascended stats and ability to change stats, but no legendary skin) that can be transmuted to allow players a way to obtain duplicates of the new legendaries. I don’t think any more has been mentioned on this, so no ETA, or even confirmation that we’re definitely getting it, but it may appear at some point in the future."

Looking into a way of making them doesnt neccessarily mean that they will implement it. Considering that since that statement was made, MOB took over as game director from colin about half a year ago, I wouldnt pay too much heed to something that was said 2 years ago.

Perhaps, but id still love to see this implemented in game in my opinion, having full legendary armor (future trinkets) and just 1 legendary weapon or having to craft 2 of the same feel a bit overkill when i dont get that "special skin" out of it, sure it should be a bit costy but 3k for swapable stats only is too high.So yeah if anyone from anet is reading please bring up the extra blank legendary weapon as a project for the future :)

Archived