Guild Wars 2 Cosplay Journey Machinima

Lishtenbird.2814

This is the long cosplay machinima that I recently finished filming. Initially, I was aiming at mixing different races and sources, but it didn't flow well, so I went full Human Female (meta) for this video with lesser-known characters, and left other races for separate future videos (original sylvari characters, which happen to be my mains and not dress-up alts, are next on the radar). I come up with abstract stories (loosely based on characters' sources) for these characters and use those as reasons to showcase the many beautiful environments of Guild Wars 2.

This machinima has now been split into 10 "chapters", and there is also some critical commentary on "cosplay machinima" as a thing for those who like to dig into such stuff. For better quality, make sure to pick 1440p in the video settings. Enjoy!

• 2 months later...

Thank you everyone, I'm really glad you liked it!

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:I haven't viewed the full journey, but I really enjoyed what I saw so far!

I have now finally split the video into separate chapters so it's easier to deal with :D Making it so large and unwieldy must've been a bad idea in the first place...

@Tsakhi.8124 said:I love how dynamic it is; this must have taken a long time.

Yes, that was quite a lot of work recording and then editing, even without special effects which I avoided for the sake of authenticity. GW2 isn't the best when it comes to tools for filming its beautiful environments, so a lot of retakes and workarounds were needed :(

Archived