where is the patch notes ? - answered

As other people have said the patch notes are released at the same time as the patch which is usually mid-morning Anet's time (Pacific time) and therefore afternoon/evening for most of the world.

Basically as soon as you see the game is updating (or if you're in-game when you're told a new build is available) you know you can come to the forum to see the patch notes.

To be fair most games I know of publish the patch notes well before the patch goes live, sometimes several days before. Elder Scrolls Online puts them up as soon as the update goes on the test server and then updates them periodically as new things are added.

So if people are new to GW2 and Anet's way of doing things it must seem very weird to get to patch day with no information. (A bit like the patch hitting and being available immediately instead of after 2-4 hours of the game being shutdown to update.)

@Danikat.8537 said:To be fair most games I know of publish the patch notes well before the patch goes live, sometimes several days before. Elder Scrolls Online puts them up as soon as the update goes on the test server and then updates them periodically as new things are added.

So if people are new to GW2 and Anet's way of doing things it must seem very weird to get to patch day with no information. (A bit like the patch hitting and being available immediately instead of after 2-4 hours of the game being shutdown to update.)

This. Although we still have the time it takes to update/etc.

Patience was a lost virtue centuries ago. It's not that hard to find newspaper editorials whining about the lack of patience or civility or community. Arguably, complaining about lack of patience is just as impatient, when all people needed to do was answer the question, as in:

Patch notes are here:https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/categories/game-release-notes

They are released anywhere from 30 minutes before the patch is available to a couple of hours after (most typically, within 10 minutes on either side).

still nothing and no one have 0 idea what is is about sorry for my "lost patient virtue" diagnosis but they release patch notes after they drop patch'S ? no testing? no feedback's ? no beta server kinda thing ? no preperation for big changes or even small changes with community ? like maybe 1 or 2 days ago releasing notes so their customer's and community can discuss or even give them idea'S ..o nice..i guess i gotta get used to it like rest of you guys . since we all know that there is NO SANTA :D

@"Omar Aschi Popp.7496" said:December 25th 0001h

"IT'S CHRISTMAS WHERE IS SANTA YOU SAID SANTA COMES ON CHRISTMAS WELL HERE I AM IT'S OFFICIALLY 1 MINUTE INTO CHRISTMAS, NO SANTA!"

That's why children are told santa wont come till they're asleep. In my house santa comes about an hour or two after my kid is asleep, so about 11(ish). I understand that the excitement will overcome his usual patience. Hence why I give him achievable expectations that I can deliver on and make him run around a lot so he goes to sleep. Or other words your analogy fully blows.

@troops.8276 said:

@"Omar Aschi Popp.7496" said:December 25th 0001h

"IT'S CHRISTMAS WHERE IS SANTA YOU SAID SANTA COMES ON CHRISTMAS WELL HERE I AM IT'S OFFICIALLY 1 MINUTE INTO CHRISTMAS, NO SANTA!"

That's why children are told santa wont come till they're asleep. In my house santa comes about an hour or two after my kid is asleep, so about 11(ish). I understand that the excitement will overcome his usual patience. Hence why I give him achievable expectations that I can deliver on and make him run around a lot so he goes to sleep. Or other words your analogy fully blows.

-__-

@Danikat.8537 said:To be fair most games I know of publish the patch notes well before the patch goes live, sometimes several days before. Elder Scrolls Online puts them up as soon as the update goes on the test server and then updates them periodically as new things are added.

Yeah,cuz all other MMOs have test realms , Anet does not, bummer right ? they are trying to balance something without players input ...

Archived