where is the patch notes ? - answered — Guild Wars 2 Forums

where is the patch notes ? - answered

vizjaqtaar.8620vizjaqtaar.8620 Member ✭✭
edited November 8, 2017 in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

ok its 7th when can i see patch notes ? are they working in US time zone ? and where can i check this patch notes

Comments

• Patch notes can be found in the Game Release Notes of the forums and major patches are usually released on Tuesday (with mini-patches added in the same week to fix server crashes or other bugs).

• Yuyuske.7182Yuyuske.7182 Member ✭✭✭

Patch ain't out just yet. It'll probably hit later today

• Kheldorn.5123Kheldorn.5123 Member ✭✭✭✭

@vizjaqtaar.8620 said:
    ok its 7th when can i see patch notes ? are they working in US time zone ? and where can i check this patch notes

Well, how about checking what are usual patch time hours? The forums has new look but patch notes are released in exactly same section as in old ones.

• SmirkDog.3160SmirkDog.3160 Member ✭✭✭

Actually I think it's usually around 8 their time, since it's usually 9 for me, and I'm in Mountain Time. But I guess it can vary.

Daud Dreadwyrm | Renegade | Yak's Bend (NA) | I don't want to play anymore because GW2 has just become a pointless grindfest.

• Probably depends on daylight savings time being observed or not observed Smirk?

For me, the patch typically hits around Noon (Eastern), which makes it 9 Pacific.

Don't believe anything you've heard. None of it is remotely close to my actual insanity.

• Vavume.8065Vavume.8065 Member ✭✭✭✭

Patch notes are only ever released at the same time that the patch drops.

• Danikat.8537Danikat.8537 Member ✭✭✭✭

As other people have said the patch notes are released at the same time as the patch which is usually mid-morning Anet's time (Pacific time) and therefore afternoon/evening for most of the world.

Basically as soon as you see the game is updating (or if you're in-game when you're told a new build is available) you know you can come to the forum to see the patch notes.

"Hard knocks, bad luck, been knocked down,
    You got back up, rise up, shine on, keep on fighting, the war is almost done...But then I hear you're gone.
    I feel, when the lights go down, you are still here, all you hold dear remains.
    Your star never fades."

• December 25th 0001h

"IT'S CHRISTMAS WHERE IS SANTA YOU SAID SANTA COMES ON CHRISTMAS WELL HERE I AM IT'S OFFICIALLY 1 MINUTE INTO CHRISTMAS, NO SANTA!"

• Menadena.7482Menadena.7482 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Endless Soul.5178 said:
    Patience really is a lost virtue these days.

I boggle at it. Especially since I have things like work rather than refreshing the screen waiting for patch notes. They are live when I get home and can sign on ... I could give a care if the patch was uploaded hours ago or just before I walked in the door.

New to the game? Feel free to give a yell if you need PVE help.

• But but.. If you read the patch notes you can start complaining even if you can't log in and play yet!

Centuries ago, I saved Tyria. I've since realized that it is, in Arthur's words, "a silly place".

• Danikat.8537Danikat.8537 Member ✭✭✭✭

To be fair most games I know of publish the patch notes well before the patch goes live, sometimes several days before. Elder Scrolls Online puts them up as soon as the update goes on the test server and then updates them periodically as new things are added.

So if people are new to GW2 and Anet's way of doing things it must seem very weird to get to patch day with no information. (A bit like the patch hitting and being available immediately instead of after 2-4 hours of the game being shutdown to update.)

"Hard knocks, bad luck, been knocked down,
    You got back up, rise up, shine on, keep on fighting, the war is almost done...But then I hear you're gone.
    I feel, when the lights go down, you are still here, all you hold dear remains.
    Your star never fades."

• Lunarlife.5128Lunarlife.5128 Member ✭✭✭

@Danikat.8537 said:
    To be fair most games I know of publish the patch notes well before the patch goes live, sometimes several days before. Elder Scrolls Online puts them up as soon as the update goes on the test server and then updates them periodically as new things are added.

So if people are new to GW2 and Anet's way of doing things it must seem very weird to get to patch day with no information. (A bit like the patch hitting and being available immediately instead of after 2-4 hours of the game being shutdown to update.)

This. Although we still have the time it takes to update/etc.

• Patience was a lost virtue centuries ago. It's not that hard to find newspaper editorials whining about the lack of patience or civility or community. Arguably, complaining about lack of patience is just as impatient, when all people needed to do was answer the question, as in:

Patch notes are here:
    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/categories/game-release-notes

They are released anywhere from 30 minutes before the patch is available to a couple of hours after (most typically, within 10 minutes on either side).

"Face the facts. Then act on them. It's ...the only doctrine I have to offer you, & it's harder than you'd think, because I swear humans seem hardwired to do anything but. Face the facts. Don't pray, don't wish, ...FACE THE FACTS. THEN act." — Quellcrist Falconer

• Ayakaru.6583Ayakaru.6583 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:
    It’s only about 6:30 in the morning over there. How about giving them time to wake up and get to work.

Average patch time was a quarter hour ago, tho .. or its in 3 quarter an hour from.. not sure if america has a summer/winter change

To defeat the dragons, see the good in them.
    Zhaitan reunites lost ones, primordus creates fertile land, mordremoth spreads the green, and jormag..
    ..jormag? Who's that?

• wtb patch, 5g

• vizjaqtaar.8620vizjaqtaar.8620 Member ✭✭
    edited November 7, 2017

still nothing and no one have 0 idea what is is about sorry for my "lost patient virtue" diagnosis but they release patch notes after they drop patch'S ? no testing? no feedback's ? no beta server kinda thing ? no preperation for big changes or even small changes with community ? like maybe 1 or 2 days ago releasing notes so their customer's and community can discuss or even give them idea'S ..o nice..i guess i gotta get used to it like rest of you guys . since we all know that there is NO SANTA :D

• troops.8276troops.8276 Member ✭✭✭

@Omar Aschi Popp.7496 said:
    December 25th 0001h

"IT'S CHRISTMAS WHERE IS SANTA YOU SAID SANTA COMES ON CHRISTMAS WELL HERE I AM IT'S OFFICIALLY 1 MINUTE INTO CHRISTMAS, NO SANTA!"

That's why children are told santa wont come till they're asleep. In my house santa comes about an hour or two after my kid is asleep, so about 11(ish). I understand that the excitement will overcome his usual patience. Hence why I give him achievable expectations that I can deliver on and make him run around a lot so he goes to sleep. Or other words your analogy fully blows.

• @troops.8276 said:

@Omar Aschi Popp.7496 said:
    December 25th 0001h

That's why children are told santa wont come till they're asleep. In my house santa comes about an hour or two after my kid is asleep, so about 11(ish). I understand that the excitement will overcome his usual patience. Hence why I give him achievable expectations that I can deliver on and make him run around a lot so he goes to sleep. Or other words your analogy fully blows.

-______-

• @Danikat.8537 said:

Yeah,cuz all other MMOs have test realms , Anet does not, bummer right ? they are trying to balance something without players input ...

• Keyba.9570Keyba.9570 Member ✭✭✭

Daylight savings. They will be out in half an hour

• @Blackari.2051 said:

@Danikat.8537 said:

Yeah,cuz all other MMOs have test realms , Anet does not, bummer right ? they are trying to balance something without players input ...

ty

• Fatalyz.7168Fatalyz.7168 Member ✭✭✭

@Keyba.9570 said:
    Daylight savings. They will be out in half an hour

While you are right that it is daylight savings, it is currently 9:35 at Anet headquarters. They have typically released patches at 9:00 their time. With or without daylight savings time, they release at 9:00 their time. In half an hour it will be 10:00 their time. You may be right in that that will be when they come, but it will not be because of daylight savings.

• Vavume.8065Vavume.8065 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Endless Soul.5178 said:
    Patience really is a lost virtue these days.

What does people in hospital have to do with guardian skills?

• Haishao.6851Haishao.6851 Member ✭✭✭

@Blackari.2051 said:

@Danikat.8537 said:

There is a test server, only relevant people get access to it through invitation.

• @Haishao.6851 said:

@Blackari.2051 said:

@Danikat.8537 said:

There is a test server, only relevant people get access to it through invitation.

did they tested this new patch and others on it and this "relevant" ppl shared their experiences with community ?

@Teofa Tsavo.9863 said:
    But but.. If you read the patch notes you can start complaining even if you can't log in and play yet!

Because I am not in their time zone they are typically uploading the patch when I am getting ready to go home. I do not worry about the patch when they are still asleep that morning.

• troops.8276troops.8276 Member ✭✭✭

@Haishao.6851 said:

@Blackari.2051 said:

@Danikat.8537 said:

Dude, shhhh. Remember the first rule of the super secret awesome test club.

• Haishao.6851Haishao.6851 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 7, 2017

@vizjaqtaar.8620 said:

@Haishao.6851 said:

@Blackari.2051 said:

@Danikat.8537 said:

did they tested this new patch and others on it and this "relevant" ppl shared their experiences with community ?

They share their experience with arenanet.
    There's no reason it should be shared with the community before it's done.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/14429/game-release-notes-november-7-2017#latest

• Just a flesh wound.3589Just a flesh wound.3589 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 7, 2017

@Ayakaru.6583 said:

It’s only about 6:30 in the morning over there. How about giving them time to wake up and get to work.

Average patch time was a quarter hour ago, tho .. or its in 3 quarter an hour from.. not sure if america has a summer/winter change

Look at the time at post, which was 3 and a half hours ago from this current time. 3 & 1/2 hours ago (from this current time) it was about 6:30AM.

Be careful what you ask for
    ANet might give it to you.

Forum Guides: Images. Text

• @vizjaqtaar.8620 said:

@Haishao.6851 said:

@Blackari.2051 said:

@Danikat.8537 said:

GW 2 doesn't have a test server that is accessible for players like most other MMO's. It is this way for the last 5 years. Some players hate it, others learned to live with it and most players probably don't care. Patch notes are released roughly at the time a patch goes live. We don't normally get to know what will be in the patch beforehand. Patches are released when they are ready and there isn't a fixed time. That said, most patches are live around 9 am Seattle time (UTC -8).

I don't know if this is information you were aware of. If not, you now know how ArenaNet operates when it comes to patches. They are pretty consistent when it comes to their patches :)

• Ayakaru.6583Ayakaru.6583 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Ayakaru.6583 said:

Look at the time at post, which was 3 and a half hours ago from this current time. 3 & 1/2 hours ago (from this current time) it was about 6:30AM.

the forum doesn't show timestamps bigger than the day, so I'm not sure how you can see when it was posted.. but it doesn't really matter, patch notes are live now

To defeat the dragons, see the good in them.
    Zhaitan reunites lost ones, primordus creates fertile land, mordremoth spreads the green, and jormag..
    ..jormag? Who's that?

• Just a flesh wound.3589Just a flesh wound.3589 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 8, 2017

@Ayakaru.6583 said:

@Ayakaru.6583 said:

the forum doesn't show timestamps bigger than the day, so I'm not sure how you can see when it was posted.. but it doesn't really matter, patch notes are live now

My post on my iPad shows I posted at 8:27AM (my time, today) and your post here says 5:35PM (my time).

Maybe check your settings on your computer.

Be careful what you ask for
    ANet might give it to you.

Forum Guides: Images. Text

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.