Are you guys ready for Condi PS and Druid deaths in raids/fractals?

Amineo.8951

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have just done some testing with guildies in training area (so shit celestial) and with only 2 people to heal we were able to keep a full 25 stack of might 90-95% of the time and the lowest we ever dropped to was 18. This was all might generated off of 1 druid (the rest of us just stood there).

You would still need warriors like you say for the banners, but yes i was using the spirit and WH for additional might generation although if you used the 1 required warrior in the alternate group that would compensate for any lost might given that the celestial might is distributed to 10 ppl as GOTL was beforeEdit: The potential additional damage of an extra DPS though over EA would have to be explored

@Cyninja.2954 said:New meta seems more in line with:

2 chronos, 1 warrior (dual banner now), 1 druid, 1 heal (probably tempest or 2nd druid), 5 dps.

Suffice to say, raids will become even easier with 5 dedicated dps tagging along.

This is what we have been thinking, i think though a fire brand may be a good alternate heal, maybe good damage + defensive utility, or auromancer

@Miellyn.6847 said:

@Cyninja.2954 said:New meta seems more in line with:

2 chronos, 1 warrior (dual banner now), 1 druid, 1 heal (probably tempest or 2nd druid), 5 dps.

Suffice to say, raids will become even easier with 5 dedicated dps tagging along.

Tempest doesn't offer anything. Revenant is better.

Tempest is one (if not the strongest) heal build ingame if I'm not mistaken. Sure heal revenant would work too and might even be able to support the renegade with alacrity. Not sure how the rotations work out there.

The overall intent was to knock Warrior off of its Might-Stacking throne.

Though of all the classes that were given quasi-PS capabilities Druid looks to be the most intuitive. GotL is now generating enough Might to where, with a bit of boon duration, you can cap might for the whole squad. Will this get toned done? Probably, but it does free up a druid spot since you now have spirit buffs capped at 10. If you need Spotter on your second sub (which my guess is that Spotter is a vital optimization buff) then you can bring a Soulbeast. You can drop the other Warrior since his PS is no longer needed and a single warrior can bring both optimal banners. That, and I don't see Empower Allies needed all the time since Condi specs are all the rage. And technically Warrior could drop the PS trait for something else.

The only big issue being when you run into a more aggressive fight that needs more healing. At which point you're maybe looking at bringing another healer since Regen from Water Spirit will get overshadowed by Mesmer regen (regardless if it's a Minstrel or Commander) so you wouldn't be able to reliably apply Druid Regen over Chrono Regen if relying on the Spirit boon alone. You could take traited Warhorn, but that's capped at 5 targets, but you could take a Healer Tempest in sub 2 to avoid further Regen overwrites.

On top of that, assuming Nature's Vengeance also inherits the 10 cap, you can now apply perma protection and high uptime on Vigor for the whole squad. Ideally, you could apply perma regen as well but, again, Druid regen loses out to Mesmer regen unless your running traited trap and/or warhorn both of which are still 5 capped while Regen from Spirit would be 10 capped. Ideally if Mesmer Regen would lowered to 2 seconds that would elimate the problem altogether. That, or you're looking at dropping Inspirations from Mesmer if you plan to to Water Spirit Regen.

But anyways you're looking at

• Chrono - Druid - DPS -DPS - DPS
  • Chrono - Banners -DPS - DPS - DPS (Slb?)

All of this is just a guess. And I'm just working with written wiki vs testing things in-game. The big game changer being if Water Spirit Regen somehow beats out other Regen. If so you have everyone healing for just over 500 HP/s in addition to additional healing from Spirit proc and CA skills.

I would go No druids at all slot in a soul beast with both spirits and put in 2 revs. One being support condi rev and the other straight up condi rev also have warriors go back to cadecus manor whatever runes they're called. Revs would fill in whatever gaps were created by the PS loss is my guess.

@Lalainnia.3598 said:I would go No druids at all slot in a soul beast with both spirits and put in 2 revs. One being support condi rev and the other straight up condi rev also have warriors go back to cadecus manor whatever runes they're called. Revs would fill in whatever gaps were created by the PS loss is my guess.

Not a bad idea, but I think ultimately the goal here is how can you cover all your support bases with the least amount of impact.

Note: I just realized that the Empower Glyph still only affect 5 players....

Archived