Are you guys ready for Condi PS and Druid deaths in raids/fractals? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Are you guys ready for Condi PS and Druid deaths in raids/fractals?

Amineo.8951Amineo.8951 Member ✭✭✭
edited November 7, 2017 in Fractals, Dungeons, and Raids

Here I am hoping it's real so people gotta play something else after 2 years since Anet would want people to buy PoF.

<1

Comments

  • Zaraki.5784Zaraki.5784 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Nah, I don't think they'll die with today's patch (nor I hope that to happen since I like to play ps in raid) but we'll see soon in less than 1h.

    "Sticks and stones may break your bones but words will never be able to injure you!"
    The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy

  • Zenith.7301Zenith.7301 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I love my druid, I don't want to be forced to play auramancer tempest since they're a 100% superior healer ;/

  • Amineo.8951Amineo.8951 Member ✭✭✭

    @Zenith.7301 said:
    I love my druid, I don't want to be forced to play auramancer tempest since they're a 100% superior healer ;/

    GoTL got changed to Might stacking and they changed PS aswell, RIP hahahaha.

  • Neutra.6857Neutra.6857 Member ✭✭✭

    Yeah, what the hell is with GOTL changing. It was one of the few reasons ranger was taken instead of ele and they do this?

  • I just back into playing my druid after a long stint on my ele. I hope this isn't true. But it would be just my luck...sigh

  • Miellyn.6847Miellyn.6847 Member ✭✭✭

    Na. Druid is still far ahead of Revenant and Ele. The spirits are still there. But the HoT beta iteration of GotL (reduced condition damage per stack) would have been a lot better than might. But you will most likely only take one Druid for raids now.

  • Druid can now do the job of the warrior, I'm holding 25 might on my own in the training area even with the poor celestial charge and can still heal effectively. Take 2 mesmers,2 druids, then 6 dps

  • Have just done some testing with guildies in training area (so kitten celestial) and with only 2 people to heal we were able to keep a full 25 stack of might 90-95% of the time and the lowest we ever dropped to was 18. This was all might generated off of 1 druid (the rest of us just stood there).

  • Zenith.7301Zenith.7301 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Are the might calculations taking into account frost spirit with nature's vengeance and call of the wild?

  • Warrior would still give 2 banners, EA, might, good amount of CC and very high damage, it might get reduced to 1 in raids but in no way will it get removed from BiS in fractals.

  • oblivion.5964oblivion.5964 Member ✭✭
    edited November 7, 2017

    You would still need warriors like you say for the banners, but yes i was using the spirit and WH for additional might generation although if you used the 1 required warrior in the alternate group that would compensate for any lost might given that the celestial might is distributed to 10 ppl as GOTL was before
    Edit: The potential additional damage of an extra DPS though over EA would have to be explored

  • Cyninja.2954Cyninja.2954 Member ✭✭✭✭

    New meta seems more in line with:

    2 chronos, 1 warrior (dual banner now), 1 druid, 1 heal (probably tempest or 2nd druid), 5 dps.

    Suffice to say, raids will become even easier with 5 dedicated dps tagging along.

  • Miellyn.6847Miellyn.6847 Member ✭✭✭

    @Cyninja.2954 said:
    New meta seems more in line with:

    2 chronos, 1 warrior (dual banner now), 1 druid, 1 heal (probably tempest or 2nd druid), 5 dps.

    Suffice to say, raids will become even easier with 5 dedicated dps tagging along.

    Tempest doesn't offer anything. Revenant is better.

  • Amineo.8951Amineo.8951 Member ✭✭✭

    I think we will see more support Renegade/Herald, support Firebrand and Power Holosmith (Probably top DPS for small targets now) in raids.

  • Why not scourge as second healer? It can guarante the 25 might with the druid, a little dps boost with Signet of Vampirism and Vampiric Presence? and can "over heal" for easier raid encounter. Plus good CC. Good cond cleanse ( for mathias for example ).

  • @Cyninja.2954 said:
    New meta seems more in line with:

    2 chronos, 1 warrior (dual banner now), 1 druid, 1 heal (probably tempest or 2nd druid), 5 dps.

    Suffice to say, raids will become even easier with 5 dedicated dps tagging along.

    This is what we have been thinking, i think though a fire brand may be a good alternate heal, maybe good damage + defensive utility, or auromancer

  • Cyninja.2954Cyninja.2954 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Miellyn.6847 said:

    @Cyninja.2954 said:
    New meta seems more in line with:

    2 chronos, 1 warrior (dual banner now), 1 druid, 1 heal (probably tempest or 2nd druid), 5 dps.

    Suffice to say, raids will become even easier with 5 dedicated dps tagging along.

    Tempest doesn't offer anything. Revenant is better.

    Tempest is one (if not the strongest) heal build ingame if I'm not mistaken. Sure heal revenant would work too and might even be able to support the renegade with alacrity. Not sure how the rotations work out there.

  • Zenith.7301Zenith.7301 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Heal tempest is infinitely more practical to use as a healer than heal revenant ever will be.

    Heal tempest is the best passive healing class in the game with the most mobile and greatest range on healing.

  • Miellyn.6847Miellyn.6847 Member ✭✭✭

    Yeah but you don't need the healing and tempest doesn't offer anything more than healing.

  • savacli.8172savacli.8172 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 7, 2017

    The overall intent was to knock Warrior off of its Might-Stacking throne.

    Though of all the classes that were given quasi-PS capabilities Druid looks to be the most intuitive. GotL is now generating enough Might to where, with a bit of boon duration, you can cap might for the whole squad. Will this get toned done? Probably, but it does free up a druid spot since you now have spirit buffs capped at 10. If you need Spotter on your second sub (which my guess is that Spotter is a vital optimization buff) then you can bring a Soulbeast. You can drop the other Warrior since his PS is no longer needed and a single warrior can bring both optimal banners. That, and I don't see Empower Allies needed all the time since Condi specs are all the rage. And technically Warrior could drop the PS trait for something else.

    The only big issue being when you run into a more aggressive fight that needs more healing. At which point you're maybe looking at bringing another healer since Regen from Water Spirit will get overshadowed by Mesmer regen (regardless if it's a Minstrel or Commander) so you wouldn't be able to reliably apply Druid Regen over Chrono Regen if relying on the Spirit boon alone. You could take traited Warhorn, but that's capped at 5 targets, but you could take a Healer Tempest in sub 2 to avoid further Regen overwrites.

    On top of that, assuming Nature's Vengeance also inherits the 10 cap, you can now apply perma protection and high uptime on Vigor for the whole squad. Ideally, you could apply perma regen as well but, again, Druid regen loses out to Mesmer regen unless your running traited trap and/or warhorn both of which are still 5 capped while Regen from Spirit would be 10 capped. Ideally if Mesmer Regen would lowered to 2 seconds that would elimate the problem altogether. That, or you're looking at dropping Inspirations from Mesmer if you plan to to Water Spirit Regen.

    But anyways you're looking at

    • Chrono - Druid - DPS -DPS - DPS
    • Chrono - Banners -DPS - DPS - DPS (Slb?)

    All of this is just a guess. And I'm just working with written wiki vs testing things in-game. The big game changer being if Water Spirit Regen somehow beats out other Regen. If so you have everyone healing for just over 500 HP/s in addition to additional healing from Spirit proc and CA skills.

  • Lalainnia.3598Lalainnia.3598 Member ✭✭✭

    I would go No druids at all slot in a soul beast with both spirits and put in 2 revs. One being support condi rev and the other straight up condi rev also have warriors go back to cadecus manor whatever runes they're called. Revs would fill in whatever gaps were created by the PS loss is my guess.

  • savacli.8172savacli.8172 Member ✭✭✭

    @Lalainnia.3598 said:
    I would go No druids at all slot in a soul beast with both spirits and put in 2 revs. One being support condi rev and the other straight up condi rev also have warriors go back to cadecus manor whatever runes they're called. Revs would fill in whatever gaps were created by the PS loss is my guess.

    Not a bad idea, but I think ultimately the goal here is how can you cover all your support bases with the least amount of impact.

    Note: I just realized that the Empower Glyph still only affect 5 players....

  • Zenith.7301Zenith.7301 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Anyone who thinks a condi support renegade is a practical healer outside a golem benchmark is fooling themselves.

  • savacli.8172savacli.8172 Member ✭✭✭

    @Zenith.7301 said:
    Anyone who thinks a condi support renegade is a practical healer outside a golem benchmark is fooling themselves.

    "Support" renegade falling in the same boat as Condi Druid. You take it more so for the buffs than the actual healing. On top of that they still do some pretty competitive damage.

  • Crinn.7864Crinn.7864 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Honestly think Druid + PS is still better.

    Druid still has Spotter and Spirits. Also the fact that GOTL now grants might makes up for the might lost from the PS nerf

    Sanity is for the weak minded
    YouTube

  • Zenith.7301Zenith.7301 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 7, 2017

    @savacli.8172 said:

    @Zenith.7301 said:
    Anyone who thinks a condi support renegade is a practical healer outside a golem benchmark is fooling themselves.

    "Support" renegade falling in the same boat as Condi Druid. You take it more so for the buffs than the actual healing. On top of that they still do some pretty competitive damage.

    Sure, but who's actually doing the healing? You are not a condi druid, because healing rev still has a stationary tablet that takes up energy to move each time, which translates to DPS/utility loss from shared energy consumption, and the heal on said tablet is a backloaded heal to boot. Druid heals are a mobile waterfield, an aoe blind heal that also cures conditions, on a class that can provide perma prot, perma vigor, on top of the easy perma fury everyone is forgetting about if the warriors just go DPS build and don't bring FGJ.

    Lunar Impact alone is a huge burst of ranged healing with sizable CC contribution, what the hell is condi support renegade contributing in CC besides axe 5? Nothing.

    That's not even mentioning the sheer utility of entangle, glyph of tides, glyph of empowerment translating to a 4% damage buff for the group on top of the might and heal it procs with trait, or the spirit elite for clutch rez.

    Or the pulls with offhand axe or the superior reflect as compared to projectile absorption of ventari.

    On any fight with actual pressure or healing requirements condi renegade will pretty much resemble the mythical condi engineer benchmark. Almost nobody will ever pull close to it in any realistic scenario.

    Healing tempest I can see as a contended for a real healer/support spot, but support condi renegade seems like some simcraft scenario.

  • SkyShroud.2865SkyShroud.2865 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 7, 2017

    GOTL gone means dps drop while druid can do might means....1 warrior slot gone to replace with dps to cover that drop of dps.

    Chrono + Druid + Banner + DPS + DPS
    Chrono + Druid + DPS + DPS + DPS

    Since no need PS warrior means warrior can go dps route as well. Wow, druid is getting more responsibilities.

    Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International PvX Guild
    Henge of Denravi Server
    www.gw2time.com

    --

    Explanations of WvW Structures & Populations Issues

  • musu.9205musu.9205 Member ✭✭✭

    @SkyShroud.2865 said:
    GOTL gone means dps drop while druid can do might means....1 warrior slot gone to replace with dps to cover that drop of dps.

    Chrono + Druid + Banner + DPS + DPS
    Chrono + Druid + DPS + DPS + DPS

    Since no need PS warrior means warrior can go dps route as well. Wow, druid is getting more responsibilities.

    why you need second druid lol spirit is 10 man now . you can go rev + firebrand for second subgroup for boss fight where your group won't spread out too much or dps chrono with quickness 100% + rev support

  • Talindra.4958Talindra.4958 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 8, 2017

    Raid is easy. This nerf is nothing :) I see it a challenge. Ready to solo heal entire party!! :P
    They tried to not remove gotl by adjusting and making the buff affect 10 players however it never changed the meta group. Ppl still keep two druids and leave little room for other prof to jump in..so there you go.. they hv to remove it completely. The buff was too good to miss to the group. Now we can open up a spot for any prof to join either a heavy dps or a def support prof depending on the strength of the group.

    Death is Energy [DIE] in EU
    Envoy's Herald, CoZ, VitV, DD, SS, The Eternal, LNHB, Champion Magus, Champion Phantom, Wondrous Achiever etc.

  • SkyShroud.2865SkyShroud.2865 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 8, 2017

    @musu.9205 said:

    @SkyShroud.2865 said:
    GOTL gone means dps drop while druid can do might means....1 warrior slot gone to replace with dps to cover that drop of dps.

    Chrono + Druid + Banner + DPS + DPS
    Chrono + Druid + DPS + DPS + DPS

    Since no need PS warrior means warrior can go dps route as well. Wow, druid is getting more responsibilities.

    why you need second druid lol spirit is 10 man now . you can go rev + firebrand for second subgroup for boss fight where your group won't spread out too much or dps chrono with quickness 100% + rev support

    Solo Druid, too stressful and you will need 2 druid anyhow for certain boss.

    Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International PvX Guild
    Henge of Denravi Server
    www.gw2time.com

    --

    Explanations of WvW Structures & Populations Issues

  • Ok I know this is gonna be some unpopular opinion, but let me get this straight: people wanted more flexibility, or just some change to another rigid situation?

    Community itself should get rid of the idea of changing between inflexible comps, from hyper optimized 1 to 2, even more now that differences between some different compositions are much smaller than they used to be. Allowing some flexibility makes the game more bearable to everyone than phasing VG 5 seconds earlier, specially taking into account pug mentality.

  • healing in fractals is not needed. just because something works in a raid doesn't mean its good for fotm. nobody ran healing builds in 2014 and such, and fotm bosses were hitting way harder back then. only thing you need to take care of is to not walk into other people.

    "clang clang shriiiiek clang!" -Belinda Delaqua
    When I join your LFG

  • Feanor.2358Feanor.2358 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Sublimatio.6981 said:
    healing in fractals is not needed. just because something works in a raid doesn't mean its good for fotm. nobody ran healing builds in 2014 and such, and fotm bosses were hitting way harder back then. only thing you need to take care of is to not walk into other people.

    "Is not needed" is quite exaggerated. I'd rather have a healer on CM Viirastra, tyvm. And on a bunch of other places, too.

  • Miellyn.6847Miellyn.6847 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 8, 2017

    @SkyShroud.2865 said:

    @musu.9205 said:

    @SkyShroud.2865 said:
    GOTL gone means dps drop while druid can do might means....1 warrior slot gone to replace with dps to cover that drop of dps.

    Chrono + Druid + Banner + DPS + DPS
    Chrono + Druid + DPS + DPS + DPS

    Since no need PS warrior means warrior can go dps route as well. Wow, druid is getting more responsibilities.

    why you need second druid lol spirit is 10 man now . you can go rev + firebrand for second subgroup for boss fight where your group won't spread out too much or dps chrono with quickness 100% + rev support

    Solo Druid, too stressful and you will need 2 druid anyhow for certain boss.

    There were a lot of single druid groups back during Wing 1. Solo healing is entirely possible. Two druids are in no way needed. A single druid can provide everything alone. Better take another healing class if you want 2 healer.

  • SkyShroud.2865SkyShroud.2865 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Miellyn.6847 said:

    @SkyShroud.2865 said:

    @musu.9205 said:

    @SkyShroud.2865 said:
    GOTL gone means dps drop while druid can do might means....1 warrior slot gone to replace with dps to cover that drop of dps.

    Chrono + Druid + Banner + DPS + DPS
    Chrono + Druid + DPS + DPS + DPS

    Since no need PS warrior means warrior can go dps route as well. Wow, druid is getting more responsibilities.

    why you need second druid lol spirit is 10 man now . you can go rev + firebrand for second subgroup for boss fight where your group won't spread out too much or dps chrono with quickness 100% + rev support

    Solo Druid, too stressful and you will need 2 druid anyhow for certain boss.

    There were a lot of single druid groups back during Wing 1. Solo healing is entirely possible. Two druids are in no way needed. A single druid can provide everything alone. Better take another healing class if you want 2 healer.

    But that is debatable
    Why bring another healing class and miss out the spotter? Might as well bring druid that can heal and provide spotter.

    Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International PvX Guild
    Henge of Denravi Server
    www.gw2time.com

    --

    Explanations of WvW Structures & Populations Issues

  • savacli.8172savacli.8172 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 8, 2017

    @Zenith.7301 said:

    @Sublimatio.6981 said:

    @Feanor.2358 said:

    @Sublimatio.6981 said:
    healing in fractals is not needed. just because something works in a raid doesn't mean its good for fotm. nobody ran healing builds in 2014 and such, and fotm bosses were hitting way harder back then. only thing you need to take care of is to not walk into other people.

    "Is not needed" is quite exaggerated. I'd rather have a healer on CM Viirastra, tyvm. And on a bunch of other places, too.

    i'd rather have reflects and dodge/WSAD out of aoes. you're just lazy. besides if your dps is strong you dont have to deal with much aoes/projectiles, but if you have a "healing" leecher then your party dps drops and you get rekt by incoming damage.

    If you don't have a necro for epi and your group is not being diligent in killing the vets, your party is bound to get knocked down, which is lethal. There are only so many dodges you have in between her stomp and avoiding the point blank kitten she shoots.

    A healer is not a leech. He's allowing your DPS to do what they want unhindered. I'd rather bring my druid and heal a run that get some kitten Brazilians demanding 99 cm without healers and then the run takes 20 minutes longer because DPS is kitten because half the DPS is constantly running for their lives and sitting at 20-30% hp or downed.

    It's also kinda silly calling a healer a leech while sitting on a DPS who wants to shove all defensive responsibility such as reflects unto the chrono, so it is actually the DPS who are leeching off the chrono's capability to negate threats to them.

    It really just depends on the encounter. When Spirit Vale first came out and no one was really publishing meta comps you would have single Druid/Rev healers (4-4-1-1, 4-4-1, or 7-2-1). It works just fine for the most part but, of course, you drastically lowered your margin of error so doing something like missing a single green put a lot of stress on your solo healer. I mean, I look at Overseer and think to myself whether two healers is really needed. But then I look at fights like Matthias and Xera where damage is flying around everywhere and, yeah, two/three healers sounds pretty nice. Sure, I'm not gonna win any medals for speed clearing those encounters but we can at least recover from mistakes from the cushion of extra healers.

    So no, healing isn't "needed". But I'd much rather add a minute or two to my team's kill time on the boss rather than wiping over an over just to get a fast clear time. Again, I'm not going for records here I'm more focused on consistent clears and kills. And yes, while I could spend all my time playing GW2 and mastering the art of dodging everything like other gods in this fame and never getting hurt I'd much rather go outside and soak in some sun every now and then.

    Ultimately, it all just boils down to what your team is comfortable with. Can you go Sanic fast with no healer? Go for it. Do you like not having high blood pressure and instead opt for a healer. That's totally fine too.

  • Lalainnia.3598Lalainnia.3598 Member ✭✭✭

    lol when spirit vale first came out u had nothing but tempests rebounding everything so ppl could figure out mechs. Literally no one used druids and especially revs with how horribly they used to function with tablet range and costs.

  • Vinceman.4572Vinceman.4572 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 8, 2017

    @Sublimatio.6981 said:

    @Feanor.2358 said:

    @Sublimatio.6981 said:
    healing in fractals is not needed. just because something works in a raid doesn't mean its good for fotm. nobody ran healing builds in 2014 and such, and fotm bosses were hitting way harder back then. only thing you need to take care of is to not walk into other people.

    "Is not needed" is quite exaggerated. I'd rather have a healer on CM Viirastra, tyvm. And on a bunch of other places, too.

    i'd rather have reflects and dodge/WSAD out of aoes. you're just lazy. besides if your dps is strong you dont have to deal with much aoes/projectiles, but if you have a "healing" leecher then your party dps drops and you get rekt by incoming damage.

    Haven't seen a "healing" leecher for a long time. Maybe it's because I took over the role myself and could rescue some pretty nice rng stuff in fracs since. Of course, there are bad apples around everywhere. But back in the days when I pugged I met more necros playing awful than druids. There's a lot of necro folks around fractals and you won't be lucky to meet players like you (we met each other twice in the past).
    Most of the fractal players don't meet speed run standards + T4s are way more regularly played than back in the days and those folks are in the need of a druid at least for CMs.

  • zealex.9410zealex.9410 Member ✭✭✭✭

    condi ps sure now its dps warr but druid is still a beast to take.

  • Cyninja.2954Cyninja.2954 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Vinceman.4572 said:

    @Sublimatio.6981 said:

    @Feanor.2358 said:

    @Sublimatio.6981 said:
    healing in fractals is not needed. just because something works in a raid doesn't mean its good for fotm. nobody ran healing builds in 2014 and such, and fotm bosses were hitting way harder back then. only thing you need to take care of is to not walk into other people.

    "Is not needed" is quite exaggerated. I'd rather have a healer on CM Viirastra, tyvm. And on a bunch of other places, too.

    i'd rather have reflects and dodge/WSAD out of aoes. you're just lazy. besides if your dps is strong you dont have to deal with much aoes/projectiles, but if you have a "healing" leecher then your party dps drops and you get rekt by incoming damage.

    Haven't seen a "healing" leecher for a long time. Maybe it's because I took over the role myself and could rescue some pretty nice rng stuff in fracs since. Of course, there are bad apples around everywhere. But back in the days when I pugged I met more necros playing awful than druids. There's a lot of necro folks around fractals and you won't be lucky to meet players like you (we met each other twice in the past).
    Most of the fractal players don't meet speed run standards + T4s are way more regularly played than back in the days and those folks are in the need of a druid at least for CMs.

    Back in the days? Still enough terribad necros around in T4.

    Have to agree, healers are not needed for T4 or challenge modes, but man do they make runs go smoother with pugs.

  • Vinceman.4572Vinceman.4572 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Cyninja.2954 said:

    @Vinceman.4572 said:

    @Sublimatio.6981 said:

    @Feanor.2358 said:

    @Sublimatio.6981 said:
    healing in fractals is not needed. just because something works in a raid doesn't mean its good for fotm. nobody ran healing builds in 2014 and such, and fotm bosses were hitting way harder back then. only thing you need to take care of is to not walk into other people.

    "Is not needed" is quite exaggerated. I'd rather have a healer on CM Viirastra, tyvm. And on a bunch of other places, too.

    i'd rather have reflects and dodge/WSAD out of aoes. you're just lazy. besides if your dps is strong you dont have to deal with much aoes/projectiles, but if you have a "healing" leecher then your party dps drops and you get rekt by incoming damage.

    Haven't seen a "healing" leecher for a long time. Maybe it's because I took over the role myself and could rescue some pretty nice rng stuff in fracs since. Of course, there are bad apples around everywhere. But back in the days when I pugged I met more necros playing awful than druids. There's a lot of necro folks around fractals and you won't be lucky to meet players like you (we met each other twice in the past).
    Most of the fractal players don't meet speed run standards + T4s are way more regularly played than back in the days and those folks are in the need of a druid at least for CMs.

    Back in the days? Still enough terribad necros around in T4.

    Have to agree, healers are not needed for T4 or challenge modes, but man do they make runs go smoother with pugs.

    "Back in the days" was referring to when I pugged regularly. ;)
    I'm sure you're right with the actual situation as well and I agree that healers are not needed in T4 but they make it more faceroll. For CMs I don't know, my experience with my static (no pro-players) and some rare pug runs it's getting ugly without a healer.

  • Hex.2579Hex.2579 Member ✭✭✭

    @Zenith.7301 said:
    A healer is not a leech. He's allowing your DPS to do what they want unhindered. I'd rather bring my druid and heal a run that get some kitten Brazilians demanding 99 cm without healers and then the run takes 20 minutes longer because DPS is kitten because half the DPS is constantly running for their lives and sitting at 20-30% hp or downed.

    It's also kinda silly calling a healer a leech while sitting on a DPS who wants to shove all defensive responsibility such as reflects unto the chrono, so it is actually the DPS who are leeching off the chrono's capability to negate threats to them.

    idk why but i lol so hard at this because it's true.
    in a few 100cm, on my chrono, i feel like being leeched cuz i have to pull adds, cc, distorts, manage reflects, not to mention have to keep up boons too.
    then a dps starts yelling pull pull pull at phase. i got pissed that time at arkk, i was like one more call and i'm out. then there was the silence until we got chest. lol.

    for anyone who says "healing" is not needed, they probably play with their own gang only. if you play with enough pugs, yes, healing is always needed.

    @Vinceman.4572 said:
    But back in the days when I pugged I met more necros playing awful than druids. There's a lot of necro folks around fractals and you won't be lucky to meet players like you (we met each other twice in the past).

    those players are still around. cuz they already geared up their necros for "fractals only", they continue to roll in for ez life.
    i was tirelessly rezzing two of my dear reaper and scourge pugs yesterday at cliffside. while sitting at >90% health and highest dps in group.
    and i'm thinking i cleanse their condis for them too, every 4s. like i just don't get it. to the point they wiped 3 times, and i had to say goodbye and good luck. lol.
    then restart the fractal with another set of pugs and we made it about 15 mins, which is still fast for pugs imo.
    and since scourge now clean condis so fast, i'd rather stay on a scourge than switch to a healer.
    was wanted to make a set for my healing ele and see if my scourge could use that set too. it'll be interesting.

  • Yasi.9065Yasi.9065 Member ✭✭✭

    Its the same as with raids, some people need a dedicated healer on Gorseval, others dont. For fractals I have both. A condi might stack druid (love it so much ^^) and a harrier druid. If the condi variant doesnt work, I switch to harrier and carry with big heals when people fail at mechanics.

    My favourite fractals comp btw hasnt changed at all ^^. Druid, Condi War, Berserker Chrono, Weaver, DH. The only difference now... druid stacks might and fury instead of warrior.

    I really like the change, I just wish we had more sources for groupwide fury, getting reduced to using tigerpet kinda sucks after having so much utility at my fingers before patch ;)

    As for pug fractals... 1 druid is kinda best in slot still, but the warrior isnt anymore. Sure banners are nice, but you can do without, so that means, if you arent speedclearing, 4 dps + 1 harrier druid is a very solid comp now for raids. You can replace that one druid with a healing revenant, or to some extent with a d/wh tempest, but the druid is still the best variant imo. Healing holosmith is NOT a good build, contrary to people trying that in fractals yesterday (met at least 3 of them -.-)

  • musu.9205musu.9205 Member ✭✭✭

    @Yasi.9065 said:
    Its the same as with raids, some people need a dedicated healer on Gorseval, others dont. For fractals I have both. A condi might stack druid (love it so much ^^) and a harrier druid. If the condi variant doesnt work, I switch to harrier and carry with big heals when people fail at mechanics.

    My favourite fractals comp btw hasnt changed at all ^^. Druid, Condi War, Berserker Chrono, Weaver, DH. The only difference now... druid stacks might and fury instead of warrior.

    I really like the change, I just wish we had more sources for groupwide fury, getting reduced to using tigerpet kinda sucks after having so much utility at my fingers before patch ;)

    As for pug fractals... 1 druid is kinda best in slot still, but the warrior isnt anymore. Sure banners are nice, but you can do without, so that means, if you arent speedclearing, 4 dps + 1 harrier druid is a very solid comp now for raids. You can replace that one druid with a healing revenant, or to some extent with a d/wh tempest, but the druid is still the best variant imo. Healing holosmith is NOT a good build, contrary to people trying that in fractals yesterday (met at least 3 of them -.-)

    what i just read , healing holosmith ? how that even works?they have some group block , many boons and water field .but that's about it ? anet bugged Med Blaster or something ?

  • Yasi.9065Yasi.9065 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 10, 2017

    Well, I dont know how it was "supposed" to work, fact is... it didnt ^^ First time I met one, I was baffled as to how someone on a holosmith can actually do even less dps than me on harrier druid, didnt notice any extra healing but the pug group was bad, so I didnt think too much about it.

    Next time I encountered one I switched to condi might druid, because no use in running two healers, right? Lets just say, it didnt end well.

    And third time I was helping a friend get the last few fractals needed for achievement and played dh... holosmith was healing, according to him, my friend and I didnt get any of that prime healing though.

    Now healing holosmiths are on my "avoid at all costs" list, even before bearbow rangers ^^ Id have to see a video of someone healing massively with that build before letting one join.

  • LadyKitty.6120LadyKitty.6120 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 10, 2017

    Kitty's actually tested healer-holosmith/engi in open-world metas like DS. Healer holo doesn't quite work, the only reason to use such would be for that booning holo-utility but it wasn't worth it. Thus, if someone for some reason wanted to heal on engi, Inventions/Alchemy/Tools seems to work best. With Harrier's, it even shares some fury and might by using Flame and Rifle turret, and elixir gun+mortar+med kit as rest of the utilities. Waiting for some testing in fractals, though. And ofc the playstyle (Kitty copy-pastad from some forum thread when she started playing it) is "mortar 5 - med kit 1 - elixir gun 5 - med kit 1 - repeat while spamming toolbelt skills". Those 5s off CD (instantly returning to med kit after launching them for 33% boost) and preferably blasting mortar 5 with F5 if possible.

    It's Kitty. The young lady who streams and records videos playing various (non-)metabuilds. Raid/fractal videos at youtube.com/LadyKitty, announcements and news at twitter.com/LadyKittyGW2 and streams at twitch.tv/ladykittygw2 . Build guides at https://kittymarks.wixsite.com/kittymarks .

  • After reading all these stuff. I feel like everyone who post here are ultra pro. And, they only play for gps.
    No wonder this game is doing not so hot with all these elites making new commerce scare shitless.

  • Cyninja.2954Cyninja.2954 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 10, 2017

    @Kal Bhairav.6589 said:
    After reading all these stuff. I feel like everyone who post here are ultra pro. And, they only play for gps.
    No wonder this game is doing not so hot with all these elites making new commerce scare shitless.

    Some will be experienced, some pro, some just normal gamers and some just theory talkers with no experience.

    Then again, this is a gaming forum, who do you expect to frequent a forum in the first place? The super casual will very likely not even bother with visiting forums in the first place (as will a majority of the community).

    As far as the game not doing so hot, that's personal subjective perception. If you are playing with an active guild I assure you, you will be having a blast.

  • Yasi.9065Yasi.9065 Member ✭✭✭

    Dont get me wrong, but raids/fractals are group content and content for at least semi experienced players, with lowlevel fractals offering a perfect starting point into instanced endcontent in gw2. Its not as if we are talking about lvl50 storyline steps here.

    And with the amount of really good guides + the very nicely maintained game wiki at every players fingertips, newcommers have a really nice foundation to start from.

    The last balance patch opened up group comp diversity to some extent, and with the amount of builds in the current meta, there should be something for everybody.

    The thing is, in group content you always have to compromize. So you want to play holosmith and be a healer? Its just not good for the group. But then, you can still play a dps holosmith or an engineer healer up to some extent. The more challenging the content, the more strict the compromizes. In raids, you will have trouble convincing people to take your engi healer, since it really is the worst of all possible healer builds, bringing the least to the table in terms of extras.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.