Stop with the camera auto zoom already!

Nanners.9428

I have made threads and posts on the forum and reddit for a long time, i dont know how i can request it or keep constructive in suggestions anymore, if all my plea and messages are ignored. I even sent mails to devs or tickets to support. Nothing.

I can attach all my past suggestion and responses to other ppl who have thia problem and all posts and emails if needed. There's one thing in this game irritates me so much over the years - camera auto zoom in and out during combat. Whether its META events or world bosses or certain fractals or all raid encounters, it happens every single fucking time: FOV auto zoom out so fucking high up when engaging and zoom in to ground lvl when its over, whats worse it never goes back to the original FOV. It's annoying to adjust every fucking time especial in snowblind fracs and fucking TD meta area, even when you want to type something in combat it re-adjust to ground level or when you are downed or rally. I have been avoiding pretty much all content this game provides now which involves such camera changes, its driving me insane and sick. Now that we have mounts the camera stutter and snap when dismount is unbearable.

Thats what the sliders are for in camera option, the vertical heights, the Field of view. YOU MUST MAKE AN OPTION TO DISABLE ALL AUTO ZOOM and always respect the player FOV settings in options.

• Like 1

I've also made a couple of posts about this over the years, it's one of those annoying things in game that Anet just seem to forever ignore, I really wish they would do a total pass over this game like they did some years ago, and just fix all the zillion annoyances this game has.

Wow... a couple of nights ago it hit me that I kept having to zoom the camera out every few minutes. I thought I was just crazy and was zooming the camera back in without thinking about it. Thank you for making me realize that I'm not crazy... Well... maybe I am... but not in THIS instance ;)

The camera auto zoom-in is really annoying.

• Like 1

I'm sure I've clicked on one of your posts/remarks about it in the past because I saw this crap happening too much and I couldn't figure out how to turn it off.The final straw was when I got into Tangle Depths and when I get into the center of the leyline caverns and it keep zooming in and out, in and out, in and out, when I left the area I just wanted to find out how to remove that.Never found a way.To this day it still annoys me.

• 1 month later...

Hmm, I don't have this problem...except when I get in to corners or other tight areas, otherwise the camera only zooms out for World Bosses, and then zooms in again after the battle. Then again, I have Zoom sensitivity maxed out, so that might have something to do with it, or it might not.

If this tiny (and imo nice) feature annoys you so much, how do you cope with jumping puzzles/ tight spaces, where the camera is constantly zooming from normal distance to right-in-your-face distance? I like that the camera zooms far out on these occasions; it gives an epic feel to the content.

• Confused 2

Annoying as heck. Yes, I would like to see it addressed. There should be a slider for zoom level in the options. I can understand that there are times when the camera HAS to zoom in but as soon as it has the opportunity to zoom back out (to your default) it should do so on its own.

Thank you for bringing this up again. The autozoom out is fine IMO, but it's ridiculous how it screws up your zoom afterwards! That's the real issue, that stupid bug has been in the game for years; autozoom out for big boss, then after it autozooms in WAY further than you had the zoom set. That's bonkers.

@"Funky.4861" said:If this tiny (and imo nice) feature annoys you so much, how do you cope with jumping puzzles/ tight spaces, where the camera is constantly zooming from normal distance to right-in-your-face distance? I like that the camera zooms far out on these occasions; it gives an epic feel to the content.

I removed camera collision long ago so it's not much of an issue now.Also, camera getting up into my armpit when I'm hugging a wall is something I'm 100% used to as I've played a lot of 3D platformers. ESPECIALLY Sonic games which are notorious for this.

The issue though? None of these platformers zoom in and out for me for certain situations.IF a boss need a huge zoom out, it would be zoomed out from the beginning, it won't make me have the camera zoomed in, then zoom it out for the boss, then zoom it back in after a certain phase, then zoom back out for another phase. No game has done this to me... except GW2.

The only time I DON'T have this in/out camera bull being an issue for me, is when I go into one of those Raid Training.The reason is I zoom out my camera as far as it allows me to as I want/need to see where anything and everything is so I don't "muck it up". The camera don't play oooOOOOooooOOOOOOoooOOOOoooo with me when I do that.

Everywhere else though it's an issue. I don't want my camera changed when I'm fighting Tequila, I don't want my camera changed when I'm in the Leyline tunnels in Depth, I don't want my camera changed when I'm fighting Shadow Behemoth, I don't want my camera changed for anything. If I'm in the need of changing it, then I will bloody well change it myself.

I was already pissed off to hell and back when the camera would have a seizure attack... quite literally... and shake to the point I can't see what's going on at all. IT does that during like one puzzle in Fireheart with the floating platforms. Another time it does this horribly is during Megadestroyer in Maelstrom.Here's the issue. I got so fed up I wanted it gone, but you know what? I HAVE THE OPTION TO TELL THE LITTLE SKRITT THAT THINK MY MOUSE IS A SHINY AND START TO SHAKE IT TO HELL AND BACK and turn the damn thing off. That's the thing.

If people want their cameras shaken uncontrollably... do it. Keep the option on. I'll keep it off as I don't have a motion sickness, but stuff like that just gives me a headache as it doesn't add or remove from the game. It just an annoyance on my eyes.Now for this zoom in and out brahamskritt? Give me the option to take the stupid thing off. I have an option to toggle action camera. Why not this?

• Like 1

• 1 year later...