even more axe damage buff! lol

Lighter.5631

it feels like axe damage buff has become some kind of ritual for warrior balance update

Cyclone Axe: The physical damage of this skill has been increased by 33%.

May 16, 2017
Now grants 2 seconds of fury per hit in addition to its previous effects.Increased vulnerability applied per hit from 2 to 3 stacks.Updated skill fact to show vulnerability applied per hit rather than total vulnerability for both hits.

July 26, 2016
The damage of this skill has been increased by 20%.

January 26, 2016
This skill's damage has been increased by 57%.

August 28, 2012 Game release:Cyclone Axe has been added to the game.

Pathetic.

It is just for "We did gave you something in return" like Axe really was lacking!.

And what is up with "Whirling Axe" , Anet just keep buffing it the wrong way, no one uses this trash skill, give it reflect if you are indeed truthful in buffing it.

@Juba.8406 said:Pathetic.

It is just for "We did gave you something in return" like Axe really was lacking!.

And what is up with "Whirling Axe" , Anet just keep buffing it the wrong way, no one uses this trash skill, give it reflect if you are indeed truthful in buffing it.

It blows my mind they haven't added reflect to this useless ability. Even the thief version gets it for some dumb reason.

@EvilSardine.9635 said:

It blows my mind they haven't added reflect to this useless ability. Even the thief version gets it for some kitten reason.

It'll never get a Reflect. Ranger Axe 5 would be laughable in comparison if it did.

@Choppy.4183 said:

@Crossaber.8934 said:so a bulls charge > Axe 4 > Axe 5 with peak performance seems got some potential now

Unless they fixed it, the quickness from 4 won't affect 5. But the damage from 4 is good... so maybe go 5 then 4 so the quickness isn't wasted.

O what a shame the quickness not affect axe 5, well, yes, maybe you are right, axe5 > axe4, my dual axe core warrior will be so happy

@BrokenGlass.9356 said:

@Juba.8406 said:6k Throw Axe!! , 7k Cyclone Axe!!

OK Anet we know how you love Axe, Can Power Sword get some love too please ?

Also no Flurry fix ?

Sword is a condition weapon. and it's in a pretty good place atm.

Just wish they'd rework the animation already.

Especially Norn males look extremely silly swatting that thing around.

@Ludus Rex.1562 said:Maaaaannn.....I wish 1h sword was good in PvP. Sword and Board is my idealized version of a warrior, but I gotta use this axe like I'm some kinda Dwarf 'cause the axe smashes so much more face.

Make 1h sword smash face, plz. Fix flurry. Kthx.

You could probably pair with a Scourge and use a tanky Sword and Board Spellbreaker and use Flurry to root enemies in Sand Shades.

@Mikeskies.1536 said:

@EvilSardine.9635 said:

It blows my mind they haven't added reflect to this useless ability. Even the thief version gets it for some kitten reason.

It'll never get a Reflect. Ranger Axe 5 would be laughable in comparison if it did.

Well Ranger's still applies vuln, and if you want to go this route 100b is laughable compared to axe5 atm, you do less damage, cleave less targets, roots yourself vs +50% movement speed and have no combo finisher

@ADTempys.6382 said:

@Mikeskies.1536 said:

@EvilSardine.9635 said:

Well Ranger's still applies vuln, and if you want to go this route 100b is laughable compared to axe5 atm, you do less damage, cleave less targets, roots yourself vs +50% movement speed and have no combo finisher

Hundred Blades is also only an 8 second CD. Whirling Axe is 15 seconds. That being said, Warrior Greatsword could use a 20% damage bump to its auto-chain and Hundred Blades.

I tried to use offhand axe again and it still doesn't work well for me. As a glassy power warrior I feel that I need a shield so I went sword/axe, axe/shield. With dual melee weapons I feel the sword is needed for mobility.

Even though listed damage is higher and whirling axe hits 5 targets it still clears camps slower for me in wvw compared to GS. While GS 100 blades is rooted the entire package of the weapon allows me to hit targets for while also gitting hit less. The recharge on 100b is also much lower compared to whirling axe.

Offhand axe still falls into the category, that was fun for a while because it was different, but I do not consider it a good weapon choice in wvw.

What it needs is a way to mitigate damage. I also feel that the movement speed increase listed is disingenuous. I'm not sure how they are calculating it but it effectively seems to be about 10%. The precast on the skill is also garbage.

Archived