Conjure Facepalm

katniss.6735

Fiery Greatsword—Lesser Fiery Eruption: The cooldown of this passively activated skill has been increased from 3 seconds to 6 seconds.Conjure Frost Bow—Ice Storm: Against nonplayer enemies, this skill now has a 0.25-second cooldown on each enemy, during which the enemy cannot be struck again by the skill.

Those looked like the two things that got nerfed (?) Everything else was a buff?

This one as well:Arcane Power: Reduced the number of stacks applied to allies from 4 to 2. The user of this skill retains 4 stacks on casting.

Plus an indirect nerf from losing GotL buff which applies to everyone. I'm not sure if there aren't other "stealth" nerfs to other skills similar to Ice Storm, I was consistently getting ~35k dps on the golem and I used to get >40k on the same conditions. I doubt Ice Storm alone lost 5k. It might be me, I didn't practice on the golem much, but I played my weaver actively all the time, so I doubt it.

The better question is whether I'll be able to use my sword finally. The changes frankly seem anemic for sword while warrior received as large as 30%+ buffs for axe mainhand (power warrior will likely still be worthless as most powerbuilds....).

This patch continues a tradition of buffing useless traits and marginal changes to underperforming weapons that doesn't really shake the intraclass balance all that much.

Staff was not touched at all despite the fact it is a ranged weapon with supreme cleaving and aoe that outDPS's melee range weapons like sword and dagger with less cleave and aoe.

@ProDecius.2609 said:I think nothing speaks louder of this games mediocrity then the fact that a glorified leap skill on a 180 second cooldown was nerfed today. I know it was small but the fact they actually nerfed this skill is utter madness. Meanwhile mesmer can still double moa players. GG

Glorified leap skill? Care to explain why the condi weaver build aims to hold that glorified leap as much as possible?

@Ulion.5476 said:We maybe able to try a bleed build with earth shield, but the cd on earth shield is pretty long.

allrdy tried and none of the changes will change anything about it. you are still uber melee range and will hit nothing while at the same time ultimately exposed to every cc there is.

sad to say, but i told you.

@bearshaman.3421 said:

@Shagaliscious.6281 said:Earth shield buff, that is laughable. Only ANET would buff an absolutely useless weapon, and not buff it enough to even consider using it.

If a skill is, as you say, "absolutely useless", then shouldn't that skill get buffed until it's useful? Leaving it to rot solves nothing.

Well, buffs that still dont make the skill useful makes it still a useless weapon. It needs to provide A LOT more defense to take it over another defensive utility that has an A.) lower CD and B.) allows you to still use your DPS weapon skills.

Conjure earth shield is interesting, and has some decent skills in it, but its missing one MAJOR requirement:

A STUNBREAK

Make the base skill stunbreak and the skill gets taken in lightning rod builds.Make the skill instant cast and you probably take it in bruiser sw/d weaver.Make it a 45s CD on top and every ele build takes it.

conjure weps should grant a aura the second you summon or pick one up

at least than you could use conjure earth shield to reactively reflect a thieves ranged burst skills ,,, it is worthless if it takes up a utility slot and you need to proactively equip before blocking a ranged attack,, ele conjure weps need something more they are a worse version of the engi kits with a longer cool down

might as well throw a reflect on tornado if we are going to spend time on conjure earth shield

they nerfed conjure GS the only other option for weaver besides weave self,,,, the elite with a 180 sec cool down the only option besides weave self gets a nerf lol

@cursE.1794 said:Does anyone else feel like everytime the elementalist needs some buffs ArenaNet makes a lot of changes to Conjure Earth Shield just to troll us?

I find my self liking the new earth shield all though i was the one ele who went d/f with an earth shield for 1v1 in wvw hehe. The earth shield was the one conjure wepon that did not get tuch in the last updates aimed at these so it was needed its just how to get the most out of it. Maybe tempest aura shaire you will live though every thing in wvw setting and get a low cd earth aura to boot.

@ProDecius.2609 said:I think nothing speaks louder of this games mediocrity then the fact that a glorified leap skill on a 180 second cooldown was nerfed today. I know it was small but the fact they actually nerfed this skill is utter madness. Meanwhile mesmer can still double moa players. GG

It's not a 180s cooldown if you're playing your rotations correctly. You should be using GS4, then 5, and then dropping it to resume rotations, then PICKING IT BACK UP and using it again. The FGS rotation for weaver was benchmarked at 3k higher DPS than the non FGS benchmark, and you're claiming that FGS under-performs because of the "180 second cooldown." Eles were doing too much damage, they needed nerfs. This is not in question... 35k DPS is the MAXIMUM dps that is healthy for the game as anything higher than that becomes extremely exclusionary to other DPS specs and makes them highly undesirable in RAID environments. Why bring something else when Ele does 50% more damage than any other class. If anything this nerf is probably not enough... Eles were able to hit in the 48-50k DPS range pre patch.

@Sojourner.4621 said:

It's not a 180s cooldown if you're playing your rotations correctly. You should be using GS4, then 5, and then dropping it to resume rotations, then PICKING IT BACK UP and using it again. The FGS rotation for weaver was benchmarked at 3k higher DPS than the non FGS benchmark, and you're claiming that FGS under-performs because of the "180 second cooldown." Eles were doing too much damage, they needed nerfs. This is not in question... 35k DPS is the MAXIMUM dps that is healthy for the game as anything higher than that becomes extremely exclusionary to other DPS specs and makes them highly undesirable in RAID environments. Why bring something else when Ele does 50% more damage than any other class. If anything this nerf is probably not enough... Eles were able to hit in the 48-50k DPS range pre patch.

only a small percentage of the player base care about 'rotations' and raids. Any gameplay that starts to crystalise into do 1 a then a 4 then a 5 then an x then a y then a 1 again needs to be dumped on a from a great height. the real gameplay is wvw and pvp where balance impacts everybody.

@vesica tempestas.1563 said:

@Sojourner.4621 said:

only a small percentage of the player base care about 'rotations' and raids. Any gameplay that starts to crystalise into do 1 a then a 4 then a 5 then an x then a y then a 1 again needs to be dumped on a from a great height. the real gameplay is wvw and pvp where balance impacts everybody.

Any opinion that claims the gameplay X is the "real" one needs to be disregarded. It's not up to you to decide what matters and what doesn't to other people.

Archived