Awaken the Pain: A clarification

Amerikajinn.4635

Patch Notes:

"Awaken the Pain. This trait grants 5 might for 5 seconds when entering shroud and causes might on you to grant 40 power and 20 condition damage per stack at level 80."

In Game:

"Might grants you more power and less condition damage. Gain might when entering shroud"

~~I'll assume that the in-game variety is the intended behavior, but some clarification would be appreciated on the off-chance that is not the case.~~Edit: allow me to clarify, the points of concern is that in the patch notes it specifies that you GAIN condi damage, whereas in game it both says and functions as such that you LOSE condi damage.

Edit 2: I got caught up on differing text, clarification resolved below

It specifically mentions the might that is on you (the player), not might that you apply.

At level 80, 25 stacks of might would normally grant 750 power and condi damage. With this trait, at level 80, 25 stacks of might will provide 1000 power and 500 condi damage. I am still determining if this trait only applies the changes to might while in shroud or all the time.

@Fatalyz.7168 said:It specifically mentions the might that is on you (the player), not might that you apply.

At level 80, 25 stacks of might would normally grant 750 power and condi damage. With this trait, at level 80, 25 stacks of might will provide 1000 power and 500 condi damage. I am still determining if this trait only applies the changes to might while in shroud or all the time.

gives more power all the time

@Mike Hawk.4835 said:

@Amerikajinn.4635 said:Edited the post, the concern is that at the moment in game you don't gain condi damage, you lose it

Have you actually confirmed that by watching your stats as might is applied?

I've confirmed this by checking my condi damage stat before and after equipping the trait. When equipped condi damage went down.

So your saying that simply applying the trait lowered your condition damage? If so, by how much? And what impact does might stacks have on it? (I'd test myself but I'm busy being a wage slave at work).

I have a hard time believing they'd change how might works for this trait. It makes absolutely zero sense ... But then again, Necro.

@Amerikajinn.4635 said:

@Amerikajinn.4635 said:Edited the post, the concern is that at the moment in game you don't gain condi damage, you lose it

Have you actually confirmed that by watching your stats as might is applied?

I've confirmed this by checking my condi damage stat before and after equipping the trait. When equipped condi damage went down.

What is your starting power and starting condi damage, without might?

With 25 might on you (can go to Special Forces Training area, if you weren't aware), what does you power level show and what does your condi damage show? It should show an increase in 1000 power, from base to 25 stacks (provided you are in a lvl 80 area), and a increase in 500 to condi damage.

If it doesn't, the amount that it goes down would be useful for troubleshooting and bugfixing the issue.

An example would be that your starting power is 2000, with 25 stacks of might, your power goes to 2750. With 25 stacks of might and the Awaken the Pain trait, your power should be at 3000. If starting condi damage is at 2000, with 25 stacks of might, your condi damage goes to 2750. With 25 stacks of might and the Awaken the Pain trait, your condi damage should be at 2500 (a loss of 250).

The point being, that the trait causes might to give you less condi damage than normal, so if you had 25 stacks of might, looked at your condi damage, then applied the trait, your condi damage stat would go down.

Experiment Factors:

Traits: Curses 3-1-3, Reaper 2-3-2, Spite (at start of test) 1-1-2Stats: Power = 2870, Condi Dmg = 2718 (No food eaten)Environment: Special Forces Training Area.Set-up: Applied 25 stacks of might to character, results in above stats

-- After equipping Awaken the Pain --Stats: Power = 3120, Condi Damage = 2468

@Amerikajinn.4635 said:Edit: allow me to clarify, the points of concern is that in the patch notes it specifies that you GAIN condi damage, whereas in game it both says and functions as such that you LOSE condi damage.

No, you GRANT 40 power and 20 condition damage from your might instead of 30/30.

Patch Notes:"Awaken the Pain. This trait grants 5 might for 5 seconds when entering shroud and causes might on you to grant 40 power and 20 condition damage per stack at level 80."

That is why you're gaining power for the trade-off of less condition damage.

@Amerikajinn.4635 said:Experiment Factors:

Traits: Curses 3-1-3, Reaper 2-3-2, Spite (at start of test) 1-1-2Stats: Power = 2870, Condi Dmg = 2718 (No food eaten)Environment: Special Forces Training Area.Set-up: Applied 25 stacks of might to character, results in above stats

So you lose 250 condi damage and gained 250 power exactly like the patch noes stated because:

At level 80, 25 stacks of might would normally grant 750 power and condi damage. With this trait, at level 80, 25 stacks of might will provide 1000 power and 500 condi damage.

@Amerikajinn.4635 said:Experiment Factors:

That's correct, because when you have Awaken the Pain equipped, you only gain 20 condi damage per stack of might, instead of 30.

So if you already had might stacks on you when you equipped the trait, you would lose condi damage. The bonus is only to your base.

Start with your base condi damage, should be: 1968. With 25 stacks of might: your condi damage would be 2718. With 25 stacks of might and Awaken the Pain your condi damage would be 250 points lower, down to 2468.

That is intended behavior. You have to account for your base stats.

Archived