Still no nerf to condi?

CrimeMaker.8612

I mean a lot of buffs to power and deathly chill finally getting nerf only took 2 years... What about burn? What about condi spam? What about putting limits on the amount of condi stack on 1 player? This balance patch was such a lack luster. Anet you had 3 months and this is what you balance you in 3months?

Many people put a lot of hope into this balance patch when it came to the condi spam meta in WvW atm. Seeing how anet didn't even make an attempt to somehow make it better for us, I'm afraid we'll see a new phase in which more and more people will quit WvW.

Don't get me wrong, I know how to avoid condi. As staff ele it's no real issue since i simply avoid it. But the quality of fights are not as good as they used to be. The pirateship meta is not as fun as when you have proper melee frontline battles mixed with backliners. Now it's simply who can bomb the other first.

To be fair, I expected arenanet not to do anything however. They have recently proven that they do not play the game. They don't know what effect certain classes or changes to them has in general and for it's quality of play with or against them. Perhaps the devs that quit anet and were replaced with new ones who don't play this game might had an impact on this?

I mean this balance patch came out after 3-4 month and literally no sign of "We are putting limits back on condi stacks" or "We have done this to minimize condi spam"... literally Anet it's been 2 years we have been asking for these things and you have yet to deliver. It took you 2 years to nerf deathly chill in WvW. Why do you push for condi meta so much? I just don't get it.

@CrimeMaker.8612 said:I mean a lot of buffs to power and deathly chill finally getting nerf only took 2 years... What about burn? What about condi spam? What about putting limits on the amount of condi stack on 1 player? This balance patch was such a lack luster. Anet you had 3 months and this is what you balance you in 3months?

condi is ment to work like how it is working for pve reasons amd its helps alot of badies in pvp gameplay and stacking, reason they added resistance, broken counter to counter what is broken and they dont want to fix.

@Retsuko.2035 said:Many people put a lot of hope into this balance patch when it came to the condi spam meta in WvW atm. Seeing how anet didn't even make an attempt to somehow make it better for us, I''m afraid we'll see a new phase in which more and more people will quit WvW

Don't get me wrong, I know how to avoid condi. As staff ele it's no real issue since i simply avoid it. But the quality of fights are not as good as they used to be. The pirateship meta is not as fun as when you have proper melee frontline battles mixed with backliners. Now it's simply who can bomb the other first.

To be fair, I expected arenanet not to do anything however. They have recently proven that they do not play the game. They don't know what effect certain classes or changes to them has in general and for it's quality of play with or against them. Perhaps the devs that quit anet and were replaced with new ones who don't play this game might had an impact on this?

Well said Retsuko

to be fair, Anet did some toxicity clean up in today's patch but left condition-> toxicity untouched?

" What You Give, You Shall Receive "Give More, You Receive MoreGive Less, You Receive LessDon't Expect To ReceiveIf You're Not Willing To Give

-your customers-

Well, from the PVE side we've seen nerfs. Condi Renegade lost its raw stats and the mace was nerfed. Condi necro was nerfed pretty hard by bugfixes before the patch. Condi Firebrand had Quickfire's effectiveness cut in half.

I don't know if anything happened to condi soulbeast, but with this patch at least 4 out of the big 5 DPS builds were cut down.

In the mean-time, maybe people should try splitting up their zerg into small coordinated groups rather than zerging up into a blob.

But hey, that might be effort. Everyone would have to pull their weight, too. People might have to get better at the game. Way to scary. Lets just stick to pirate-ship battles, screw it.

For real though. I've stopped zerging and I've starting making small strike-forces (3-10 people) to hit up objectives, avoiding the main zergs as we go. It works so much better than with a zerg, we get way more done.

Zerg meta needs to die, for the good of WvWvW as a play-mode.

@CrimeMaker.8612 said:I mean this balance patch came out after 3-4 month and literally no sign of "We are putting limits back on condi stacks" or "We have done this to minimize condi spam"... literally Anet it's been 2 years we have been asking for these things and you have yet to deliver. It took you 2 years to nerf deathly chill in WvW. Why do you push for condi meta so much? I just don't get it.

And 2 years and 1 months ago people were complaining about zerker and power builds being the only meta.

To bad you are unhapoy with the current state of endgame.

See you in 4 months.

Blanket solutions create as many problems as they address, if not more. While admittedly adjustments could be made for some professions, on an individual basis, simply bringing the nerf hammer down on all condies would be ill advised. I've mained a condi-mes from launch date and not because its particularly effective mind you. I finally feel that it compares better now when put up against other classes, especially their power build variants, without outclassing them in an overpowered way.

The need to slowly build up and maintain many short lived and low damage condi stacks to whittle away enemy health before spiking at just the right time using higher damage abilities on longer cooldowns, all the while trying to avoid cc and the inevitable power damage burst that almost always puts me down in 3-5 seconds flat doesn't feel overpowered to me.

Its a slow kind of pressure that can be countered in any number of ways, what I think has people up in arms is being quickly burst down by condi classes, but if we are to be absolutely fair while the balance isn't perfect I've been burst down by power builds for almost 5 years without much in the way of counter-play option aside from "don't get caught" so overall I don't feel its as bad as people are making it out. Its just different to how it used to be and people always struggle against change (good or bad) at first.

@Cyninja.2954 said:

@CrimeMaker.8612 said:I mean this balance patch came out after 3-4 month and literally no sign of "We are putting limits back on condi stacks" or "We have done this to minimize condi spam"... literally Anet it's been 2 years we have been asking for these things and you have yet to deliver. It took you 2 years to nerf deathly chill in WvW. Why do you push for condi meta so much? I just don't get it.

And 2 years and 1 months ago people were complaining about zerker and power builds being the only meta.

To bad you are unhapoy with the current state of endgame.

See you in 4 months.

I do think that condi spam is too high. And no I don't want to go back to a power only meta. However, condis are being thrown around in ridiculous quantities right now. To the point where there are almost none to no power builds left in the game, everything is a hybrid due to so many skills pumping out conditions. And to me that's no better than everything being all power or all condi.

I would love a balance patch that reduces condi output across the board on weapon skills and from traits. But it should be done in a careful way so that power builds are pumping out way fewer to no damaging conditions, whereas pure condi builds on some classes like Necro could pump out almost as many as they currently can, and hybrid builds are pumping out much less than they currently are.

Archived