Indomitable Courage is still not allowing Tome of Courage to break stun in WvW!!!

Arcaedus.7290

After a month and a half of posts on the bug forum, wvw forum, guard forum here, and dozens of in game bug reports, the Indomitable Courage trait has still not been fixed to allow Firebrand's Tome of Courage to break stun in wvw as it does in pvp and pve. It is currently bugged and only allows stunbreak upon exiting Tome of Courage but not upon entering it.

This is a very very simple bug fix and it is unacceptable for us to have to wait another 3 months for this bug to maybe be fixed. Please apply this bug fix in a hot patch as soon as possible.

Update: IC is still broken and not allowing stunbreaks in wvw, but I noticed the other day that it also does not allow stunbreaks in pve (tested in general open world and in a guild hall duel arena). The only game mode in which IC works properly with Tome of Courage is pvp.

Anet, this inconsistency between game modes is extremely confusing to me and I noticed you have a (stated) philosophy of not splitting skill functionality between game modes soooo yeah, think this could be fixed sooner than the next major balance patch?

• 3 weeks later...

@Mikau.6920 said:Did you guys post on the bug section? Also, send /bug in game, so the Devs can know the issue.

Taking so long to fix it, they might not know about it.

There's a post in the bugs forum and one in the wvw forum as well. I've submitted plenty of in-game reports and I'm sure other guards have as well.

• 5 months later...

Still broken and it doesn't apply stun break or apply stability when using Tomes and this issue also applies to Inspired Virtues (Virrues line Minor Adept) it also doesn't apply the appropriate boons and I tested this out with multiple trait lines. This is with checking for the boons being applied either with only when the Tome is equipped or when a Chapter is used neither of them applies the Might, Regen or Protection you have really check the traits that are in effect or it will appear to be working but after swapping thru different traits it is apparently Inspired Virtues that isn't triggering. I've already reported this in both the in game bug report and in this forum bug report. Just an FYI I personally think that the Ammo like/Tome system is where the problems lies in that the hooks in the code that cause it to trigger are having issues recognizing the events when they happens. Hopefully we will see some movement on this.

@RUNICBLACK.7630 said:Still broken and it doesn't apply stun break or apply stability when using Tomes and this issue also applies to Inspired Virtues (Virrues line Minor Adept) it also doesn't apply the appropriate boons and I tested this out with multiple trait lines. This is with checking for the boons being applied either with only when the Tome is equipped or when a Chapter is used neither of them applies the Might, Regen or Protection you have really check the traits that are in effect or it will appear to be working but after swapping thru different traits it is apparently Inspired Virtues that isn't triggering. I've already reported this in both the in game bug report and in this forum bug report. Just an FYI I personally think that the Ammo like/Tome system is where the problems lies in that the hooks in the code that cause it to trigger are having issues recognizing the events when they happens. Hopefully we will see some movement on this.

I think last I checked, they did fix it and it now works in wvw like it's supposed to. Doesn't matter though.... ANet completely murdered any firebrand build that would actually rely on f3 tome as a stunbreaker with the patch that deleted aegis on f3 and nerfed healing values on mantra/f2.

• Honor/Virtues/Firebrand: If you're running this, you more likely than not are a bunker/support guard running either the stability mantra or SYG, so you don't really need or care for that stunbreak on f3.
  • Any burn-guard build that runs virtues: You'd be running PW over Indomitable Courage, so this is a non-issue.
  • Valor/Virtues/Firebrand: The build that I was running back while this trait was still broken. This build was completely neutered thanks to the nerfs I mentioned and just isn't viable in any situation.
  • Radiance/Virtues/Firebrand: This is a mantra-based build rather than medis. This build is helped the most by that patch, but f3 isn't used as a stunbreak (since you have elite mantra) and is used more for the stability which was working fine while the trait was still bugged.

@Arcaedus.7290 said:

• Honor/Virtues/Firebrand: If you're running this, you more likely than not are a bunker/support guard running either the stability mantra or SYG, so you don't really need or care for that stunbreak on f3.
  • Any burn-guard build that runs virtues: You'd be running PW over Indomitable Courage, so this is a non-issue.
  • Valor/Virtues/Firebrand: The build that I was running back while this trait was still broken. This build was completely neutered thanks to the nerfs I mentioned and just isn't viable in any situation.
  • Radiance/Virtues/Firebrand: This is a mantra-based build rather than medis. This build is helped the most by that patch, but f3 isn't used as a stunbreak (since you have elite mantra) and is used more for the stability which was working fine while the trait was still bugged.

I stand corrected on that, I misinterpreted when it should be triggering(wishful thinking on my part) but Aegis hasn't been deleted from F3 the Tome of Courage. Aegis has been moved off Chapter 1 and on to Chapter 2, granted it hurts us because of the cool down/recharge time which we didn't have when it was on Chapter 1 of the Tome and it is still on the Epilogue which would also grant you Stability along with Protection, Retaliation and the Unbroken Lines (5 seconds of Toughness 300 in PvE , 200 in WvW or PvP).That being said I do agree with you that it does feel like they were rather heavy handed on how they dealt with the issue that was only coming from WvW and PvP and when you compare to some of the other classes that not only were not adjusted down some were actually adjusted up in overall power and least we forget the great and Powerful Spirit Weapons that they also adjusted with that last pass and still barely used. I am amazed that I think players actually use them less now than they did before they changing them to the Ammo system.

Archived