Reworked GOTL is 10 Targets

Mikeskies.1536

Look at it this way. With the changes made today your subs may look more like Chrono-DPS-DPS-DPS-Druid and Chrono-DPS-DPS-DPS-Warrior. Banners, spirits, and GOTLv2 both are capped at 10 targets. Warrior sub gets +power while Druid sub gets +Precision. Both subs are capable of granting Fury. Though you could run a Soulbeast in the Warrior's sub for the extra Spotter as well. Warrior can drop the PS trait since Druid can take care of 25 might for the whole squad.

I'm assuming Nature's Vengence also applies its effects to all targets affected by spirit buffs which is now 10. Thus you're looking at providing Perma protection + Regen and have a high uptime on vigor as well.

@savacli.8172 said:Warrior can drop the PS trait since Druid can take care of 25 might for the whole squad.

I'm fairly sure this wasn't the intention.

No one at Anet sat down and thought "how can we make Druid an even more integral cornerstone of raids?".

The buffs to spirits is to combat the "need" to double dip on classes to open up variety. All this change does is allow you to replace PS warriors with more staff tempests while making Druid that much more the "obviously best" healer spec.

I'm not going to be surprised in the slightest if this gets shaved down.

The overall intent was to knock Warrior off of its Might-Stacking thrown. Though of all the classes that were given quasi-PS capabilities Druid looks to be the most intuitive. GotL is now generating enough Might to where, with a bit of boon duration, you can cap might for the whole squad. Will this get toned done? Probably, but it does free up a druid spot since you now have spirit buffs capped at 10. If you need Spotter (which my guess is that Spotter is a vital optimization buff) then you bring a Soulbeast. You can drop the other Warrior since his PS is no longer needed and a single warrior can bring both optimal banners. That, and I don't see Empower Allies needed all the time since Condi specs are all the rage.

The only big issue being when you run into a more aggressive fight that needs more healing. At which point you're maybe looking at bringing another healer since Regen from Water Spirit will get overshadowed by Mesmer regen (regardless if it's a Minstrel or Commander) so you wouldn't be able to reliably apply Druid Regen over Chrono Regen if relying on the Spirit boon alone. You could take traited Warhorn, but that's capped at 5 targets.

People kept asking for a huge hit to druid support and there, they got it.This opens up some options now at least. It will hardly make the alternative healers any more viable, however. There are still the buffed spirits, the old Spotter and the new GOTL to consider when comparing druid to other supports now. All though, you could skip the druid altogether and run a Soulbeast instead. There is that, I guess.

Archived