HOLY kitten THEY DID IT..... — Guild Wars 2 Forums

HOLY kitten THEY DID IT.....

They did it....

they realy did it......

kitten.........

reading the Reaper changes and im like

<1

Comments

  • KTap.4381KTap.4381 Member ✭✭✭

    Really excited to test it later and excited to see what builds people come up with.

    Buff Power Reaper
  • Im glad now I can go back to reaper bcz I hated scourge anyways.

  • The added damage looks nice but do you think the life force degen will make the increase irrelevant? Maybe the added 2% will be negligible since if things are dying quicker you'll be back out of shroud before your life force bottoms out. I am a solo open world kind of player anyway so I should be OK. I'll give it a shot. I prefer reaper anyway.

  • savacli.8172savacli.8172 Member ✭✭✭

    @TheSlothArmada.6709 said:

    @Zoltreez.6435 said:
    They did it....

    they realy did it......

    kitten.........

    reading the Reaper changes and im like

    You're reading them.
    Don't even get your hopes up without testing it.

    Oh, it doesn't even matter how competitive the buffs are. The sole fact that we got the long-shot patch note of "Power Reaper damage increase" is enough to have players do a backflip.

  • Zoltreez.6435Zoltreez.6435 Member ✭✭✭

    i still want a reduced Shroud CD tough...

  • Zoltreez.6435Zoltreez.6435 Member ✭✭✭

    @savacli.8172 said:

    @TheSlothArmada.6709 said:

    @Zoltreez.6435 said:
    They did it....

    they realy did it......

    kitten.........

    reading the Reaper changes and im like

    You're reading them.
    Don't even get your hopes up without testing it.

    Oh, it doesn't even matter how competitive the buffs are. The sole fact that we got the long-shot patch note of "Power Reaper damage increase" is enough to have players do a backflip.

    its 500% more then what we got for reaper since the release of the elite spec..... lol

  • Anchoku.8142Anchoku.8142 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Signets of Suffering update!

  • Svarty.8019Svarty.8019 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 7, 2017

    5 Power advocates CAN make spam a difference!

    Necro. Never knowingly blasting combo fields since 2012.

  • Lahmia.2193Lahmia.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

    The Greatsword auto damage increase gave me a stiffy.

    "Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death."

  • Btw thanks to all of the fourm necros for this.

  • mazut.4296mazut.4296 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 7, 2017

    The real question here: Is the increased LF drain and lower LF gain from auto attack killing the concept or is it acceptable?!
    On top of that. They forced reaper into glass cannon. What if I wanna spec it into tanking? Also, Shroud is our only real defense, what about that?!?

  • Oldirtbeard.9834Oldirtbeard.9834 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Ashyri.5426 said:
    Btw thanks to all of the fourm necros for this.

    You're welcome, I didn't post suggestions though I was just waving a torch and pitchfork.

    “The only watchmaker is the blind forces of physics.”
    ― Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion

  • Arzurag.7506Arzurag.7506 Member ✭✭✭

    I shed a tear out of my left eye, the increases , I can´t take it, they listened.

    "I´m not big on sermons, Broken bones teach better lessons."

  • @mazut.4296 said:
    The real question here: Is the increased LF drain and lower LF gain from auto attack killing the concept or is it acceptable?!
    On top of that. They forced reaper into glass cannon. What if I wanna spec it into tanking? Also, Shroud is our only real defense, what about that?!?

    Expect to trait up for life force gain to compensate - it drains crazy fast.

    Pickles [Mike Hawk.4835] - Somnafacient Flora, Siobhan La Croux
    [AOE] Army of Emily, [CTH] Company of Traveling Heroes
    Maguuma

  • bearshaman.3421bearshaman.3421 Member ✭✭
    edited November 7, 2017

    I suspect that this will make the Soul Reaping line more important to those who want to camp shroud, which is as it should be really.... I'll definitely be testing this out on my reaper....

  • Aetatis.5418Aetatis.5418 Member ✭✭✭

    @bearshaman.3421 said:
    I suspect that this will make the Soul Reaping line more important to those who want to camp shroud, which is as it should be really.... I'll definitely be testing this out on my reaper....

    it doesnt change anything. the LF increase is a percantage. so is the decay. let it sink for a sec

  • Svarty.8019Svarty.8019 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Arzurag.7506 said:
    I shed a tear out of my left eye, the increases , I can´t take it, they listened.

    They gave with one hand, took away with the other and people only saw the positive. Humans are dumb.

    Necro. Never knowingly blasting combo fields since 2012.

  • pah.4931pah.4931 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Svarty.8019 said:

    @Arzurag.7506 said:
    I shed a tear out of my left eye, the increases , I can´t take it, they listened.

    They gave with one hand, took away with the other and people only saw the positive. Humans are kitten.

    To be fair, Anet has always said that Necro can't have top DPS because shroud is too good defensively. So their answer is in-line with their design philosophy. They gave more damage and made shroud less defensive. You may not like it, but it's consistent.

  • Aetatis.5418Aetatis.5418 Member ✭✭✭

    @Justine.6351 said:
    Now wait for the tears about how squishy the reaper is going to be. I hope it works out for people but I'm pretty sure reapers are still going to be driven out of wvw by scourge.

    99% sure ye :(
    reaper (power) doesnt have a third well on steroids on almost no cd. reaper has bruiser shroud :-/. which is outdated in wvw now :(

  • Atticus.7194Atticus.7194 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 7, 2017

    @Zoltreez.6435 said:
    They did it....

    they realy did it......

    kitten.........

    reading the Reaper changes and im like

    don't get too excited, from testing it's like a 500 dps increase at the cost of way less survivability

    @Arzurag.7506 said:
    I shed a tear out of my left eye, the increases , I can´t take it, they listened.

    they really didn't, try it out before you get that excited. like other people have said they gave but they also took away a LOT

  • kKagari.6804kKagari.6804 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Changes seem PvP oriented

  • Shazmataz.1423Shazmataz.1423 Member ✭✭✭

    @Justine.6351 said:
    Now wait for the tears about how squishy the reaper is going to be. I hope it works out for people but I'm pretty sure reapers are still going to be driven out of wvw by scourge.

    Yah my thoughts exactly...power reaper was viable in wvw ...just. But with the changes to shroud up time there isn't going to be time to actually hit much as well as becoming an easy target. Oh well, was hoping to go back to reaper but meh looks like scourge wins hands down.

  • Ravezaar.4951Ravezaar.4951 Member ✭✭✭

    The dmg in Reaper Shroud is fantastic, none can argue against that or they simply doing stuff wrong, but the decay of shroud is bad. This Shroud decay makes me miss the old 7sec Speed of Shadows even more, really could have made it work as a burst Reaper with that. ...still Iam gonna try some more.

  • Obtena.7952Obtena.7952 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 7, 2017

    @Svarty.8019 said:

    @Arzurag.7506 said:
    I shed a tear out of my left eye, the increases , I can´t take it, they listened.

    They gave with one hand, took away with the other and people only saw the positive. Humans are kitten.

    Exactly ... people you need to test this to see the OVERALL DPS impact ... it's not the miracle everyone thinks it is and you just paid through the nose for it ...

    Ironically, the 10% DPS buff to Cold Shoulder that everyone was crapping on is a better DPS buff that what you see in this patch.

    If you think balancing is only driven by performance and justified by comparisons to other classes then prepare to be educated:

    https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/balance-updates-the-heralds-near-future-and-pvp-league-season-13/

  • kKagari.6804kKagari.6804 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 7, 2017

    Delete!!!!

  • congratz, now power reaper is almost as .... bad ... as condi reaper/scourge whatever.
    YAY

  • Zero.3871Zero.3871 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 7, 2017

    i really have to say i was surprised by the changes. the reaper get a lot more dmg. it would be nice to test it and i think the amount of bonus dmg is great enough to think "MAYBE, MAYBE". BUT the dmg before the patch of reaper was already very high (perspective of a wvw`ler), problem was that reaper wasnt able to hit enemies with his dmg, and thats the bad news: he is still not able to hit enemies. every enemy can outplay you easily. how you want to bring this dmg from reaper shroud to the enemy? i really dont know the answer...

    on the other side, the bugfixe of Dhuumfire pushed the scourge a little bit. AND warrior get nerfed.

    finally in my opinion ITS THE BEST BALANCE PATCH I EVER SAW. because scourge get pushed a bit like they promised. warrior get nerfed, so this hardcounter of scourge lost his brainless perma resistance. reaper get buffed strongly and some masteries got a rework. a good patch for necromancers...

  • Aktium.9506Aktium.9506 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 7, 2017

    Power Reaper does about the same DPS as it did pre-patch after some tests(which is still terribly low). It is decent enough considering the removal of GotL removed 10% from everyone's DPS.

    The big difference is that going Shroud isn't a DPS loss, it's not a DPS increase either. But at least it's not punishing you for going Shroud to defend yourself anymore. Power Reaper is still trash for Raids. But it's a good patch anyway.

  • Obtena.7952Obtena.7952 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 7, 2017

    @Aktium.9506 said:
    Power Reaper does about the same DPS as it did pre-patch after some tests(which is still terribly low). It is decent enough considering the removal of GotL removed 10% from everyone's DPS.

    The big difference is that going Shroud isn't a DPS loss, it's not a DPS increase either. But at least it's not punishing you for going Shroud to defend yourself anymore. Power Reaper is still trash for Raids. But it's a good patch anyway.

    I thumbs this ... because weeks ago, people were calling for 30% increases in power reaper damage and saying Cold Shoulder buff was garbage ... and now those very people are applauding these changes as the best patch they have seen for an equivalent amount of DPS buffs as Cold Shoulder while giving up a whole bunch of choice and sustain. Just WOW. Those guys get what they deserve. Glad I'm not affected.

    If you think balancing is only driven by performance and justified by comparisons to other classes then prepare to be educated:

    https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/balance-updates-the-heralds-near-future-and-pvp-league-season-13/

  • @Zero.3871 said:
    i really have to say i was surprised by the changes. the reaper get a lot more dmg. it would be nice to test it and i think the amount of bonus dmg is great enough to think "MAYBE, MAYBE". BUT the dmg before the patch of reaper was already very high (perspective of a wvw`ler), problem was that reaper wasnt able to hit enemies with his dmg, and thats the bad news: he is still not able to hit enemies. every enemy can outplay you easily. how you want to bring this dmg from reaper shroud to the enemy? i really dont know the answer...

    on the other side, the bugfixe of Dhuumfire pushed the scourge a little bit. AND warrior get nerfed.

    finally in my opinion ITS THE BEST BALANCE PATCH I EVER SAW. because scourge get pushed a bit like they promised. warrior get nerfed, so this hardcounter of scourge lost his brainless perma resistance. reaper get buffed strongly and some masteries got a rework. a good patch for necromancers...

    Scourge DPS went from 27k to 27.5k, big increase indeed. Power Reaper's DPS was increased by MAYBE 15% considering that shroud runs out twice as fast now.

  • The buffs are pretty good, I got way higher burst on my usual reaper zerk build in T4 fracts.
    I was top dps consistently without much effort.

  • realistic buffs i got:
    26.9k power reaper
    29.5k condi reaper
    29.1k condi scourge. (im bad at scourge tho)

    "clang clang shriiiiek clang!" -Belinda Delaqua
    When I join your LFG

  • Catchyfx.5768Catchyfx.5768 Member ✭✭✭

    For me big plus for reaper.. i played some time other classses so learn to dodge and new reaper and his "unleash the beast" button fits me great.
    Scourge was good before so back to main class necro ;)

    Thanks Anet

    Jokaurene

  • Svarty.8019Svarty.8019 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Edenfer.9816 said:
    The buffs are pretty good, I got way higher burst on my usual reaper zerk build in T4 fracts.
    I was top dps consistently without much effort.

    How are you doing in PvP?

    Necro. Never knowingly blasting combo fields since 2012.

  • @Svarty.8019 said:

    @Edenfer.9816 said:
    The buffs are pretty good, I got way higher burst on my usual reaper zerk build in T4 fracts.
    I was top dps consistently without much effort.

    How are you doing in PvP?

    Mostly PVE'ing these days.

  • Justine.6351Justine.6351 Member ✭✭✭✭

    how is the power burst for wvw?

    Anet buff me :-(
    Make me good at game!

  • HardRider.2980HardRider.2980 Member ✭✭✭

    Reaper - Warhorn #5 skill... Shroud... Repeat.

    A City of Heroes never die... A City of Villains will never surrender... Neither City will be forgotten.

  • Interesting...they used exciting words and phrases like increase damage to make people froth, knowing when in that state you miss some other stuff. Stuff thats important. This all creates build diversity which peaks our interest and curiosity for a while. Its the usual magicians sleight of hand. Shuts us all up for a while atleast.

  • @Justine.6351 said:
    how is the power burst for wvw?

    Pretty kitten good.

    I was testing a bit with Strength Runes, with the new "Awaken the Pain"-trait, which boosts might-power.
    At a point when I was at 25 stacks of might I had 3,8k power, lol. It did hit like a truck.
    The degeneration of LF seems a bit too high, tho :anguished:
    Buff to second chain in autoattack also was nice.

    Gravediggers hit from 5-12k, depending on situation and type of target ofc.

    I tried to compensate LF-degen with the refreshed Signets of Suffering-trait and Signet of Undeath for 3% LF-regen while in combat, also while in shroud, but IDK, seems like it didnt do much.

    Sneaking around is fun.
    Watch your back!

  • Oldirtbeard.9834Oldirtbeard.9834 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 8, 2017

    @mompen.7952 said:

    @Justine.6351 said:
    how is the power burst for wvw?

    Pretty kitten good.

    I was testing a bit with Strength Runes, with the new "Awaken the Pain"-trait, which boosts might-power.
    At a point when I was at 25 stacks of might I had 3,8k power, lol. It did hit like a truck.
    The degeneration of LF seems a bit too high, tho :anguished:
    Buff to second chain in autoattack also was nice.

    Gravediggers hit from 5-12k, depending on situation and type of target ofc.

    I tried to compensate LF-degen with the refreshed Signets of Suffering-trait and Signet of Undeath for 3% LF-regen while in combat, also while in shroud, but IDK, seems like it didnt do much.

    That's unfortunate, so wells are still the way to go?

    I'll definitely be buying strength runes, what about for the 2nd Sigil, Force and Strength there as well?

    “The only watchmaker is the blind forces of physics.”
    ― Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion

  • dceptaconroy.7928dceptaconroy.7928 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 8, 2017

    Yeah dirt strength all round is what 've found to be the go. Id also be interested in seeing the wells vs signet figures.

  • Zero.3871Zero.3871 Member ✭✭✭

    @Amenon.9126 said:

    @Zero.3871 said:
    i really have to say i was surprised by the changes. the reaper get a lot more dmg. it would be nice to test it and i think the amount of bonus dmg is great enough to think "MAYBE, MAYBE". BUT the dmg before the patch of reaper was already very high (perspective of a wvw`ler), problem was that reaper wasnt able to hit enemies with his dmg, and thats the bad news: he is still not able to hit enemies. every enemy can outplay you easily. how you want to bring this dmg from reaper shroud to the enemy? i really dont know the answer...

    on the other side, the bugfixe of Dhuumfire pushed the scourge a little bit. AND warrior get nerfed.

    finally in my opinion ITS THE BEST BALANCE PATCH I EVER SAW. because scourge get pushed a bit like they promised. warrior get nerfed, so this hardcounter of scourge lost his brainless perma resistance. reaper get buffed strongly and some masteries got a rework. a good patch for necromancers...

    Scourge DPS went from 27k to 27.5k, big increase indeed. Power Reaper's DPS was increased by MAYBE 15% considering that shroud runs out twice as fast now.

    yeah, thats the reason i wrote: "(perspective of a wvw`ler)". you have other rotations there. but its good that reaper found finally into the powerspace. but lets test him before we enter the final report^^

  • Volrath.1473Volrath.1473 Member ✭✭✭

    well i have to say grats! you dodged the bullet and continue to be the most dominant prof in pvp.
    2 necors in the same team = 95% chace to win.
    i sacrifice a chicken every time I sit down to queue to ask the gods to place me in the team that has the 2 necros.
    If im on the oposite team i alt tab to netflix and wait it out.

    @Elrond.9486 said:
    The saddest part of it all is that from a mechanical, action point of view, GW2 has the best PvP combat in any of the big MMOs. And they completely waste it with the trash balance and by basically ignoring it for months and months.

  • Oslaf Beinir.5842Oslaf Beinir.5842 Member ✭✭
    edited November 8, 2017

    after toying around with Yolosmith I kinda find it an upgraded Reaper Shroud minus the chill and boon removal but with more dmg and defense on lower cooldowns

    still meh

  • Jackalrat.5493Jackalrat.5493 Member ✭✭✭

    Sorry to burst any bubbles but scourges will still absolutely decimate you in no time at all.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.