Give us back Equilibrium (PvP related)

Gandarel.5091

Reposting from another thread:

Since HoT release Rev went from a profession which builds up energy and pulls the brakes on offense in exchange for a burst, to spamming auto attacks with quickness for burst.

Why is Anet constantly removing things that add complexity and choice? Please stop dumbing down the playstyle of power rev in PvP.. it wasn't hard to use with Herald and was a necessary part of the gameplay against certain builds. This change will just push revenant into an even worse position in the meta.

EDIT: want to remove something, Anet? Remove Rapid Flow, a placeholder trait in the same tier that doesn't do anything anywhere in the game.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As funny as this is; if the trend is to remove instant burst skills. I'm for it, but there are lots of classes (like fa ele, and mesmer) that are worst when it comes to invisible burst. (burst without animation)

I'm much more concerned with the complete replacement of one of our weapons.

I haven't been into wvw, but herald feels pretty good in pvp right now.

@Loboling.5293 said:As funny as this is; if the trend is to remove instant burst skills.

Except condi burst. If you go condi, you have license to both do huge burst (twelve stacks of burning, fiveteen of perplexity, etc... ) and slowly kill people over time.

But I agree: Herald has a decent role to fill in PvP.

+1 more for bringing equilibrium back...

That + the remade Cruel Repercussion, together completely killed my hammer playstyle.Those two traits were the ONLY thing that made it possible to run a Berserker amulet and/or Hammer Rev in PvP

Please change AT LEAST equilibrium back if anyone EVER wants to see a single hammer rev in PvP... instead of the Meta Marauder and staff power rev.

And tbh without equilibrium the marauder build might not even have enough damage to be useful either..

Why is Anet constantly removing things that add complexity and choice? Please stop dumbing down the playstyle of power rev in PvP..I can not understand changing a trait that added a higher skill cap to a class... to yet another passive proc when the game is already PLAGUED with them.

@Justine.6351 said:You guys might want to try incensed response first. easy 25 without even trying.

Well the thing about that.... is you could just try to stack might and still get 20 easily, AND have a bursting trait in EquilibriumIt is already possible to get max might if you try with rev so that is a wasted trait imo.

@Justine.6351 said:You guys might want to try incensed response first. easy 25 without even trying.

Haven't used Equilibrium since this trait was reworked... It's so crazy strong with Herald. Even more so now.

@Oroborus.3254 said:

Well the thing about that.... is you could just try to stack might and still get 20 easily, AND have a bursting trait in EquilibriumIt is already possible to get max might if you try with rev so that is a wasted trait imo.

Not sure how you're power stacking 25 might and staying over 50 energy to proc your Eq, but more power to you.

Personally, I'd rather just get my instant 25 might, use my 50 energy to blow somebody up, and move on to the next +1.

@All Matters Fecal.9560 said:Why are people treating equilibrium as if it was a core trait that defined their build??

Because it was still a good burst of damage if timed right. I used to hit for 4.5k with it while running some stupid troll celestial build. And what did they give us in return? Some boons we don't actually need because they get stolen, corrupted or stripped anyway.

@Vasdamas Anklast.1607 said:

@All Matters Fecal.9560 said:Why are people treating equilibrium as if it was a core trait that defined their build??

Because it was still a good burst of damage if timed right. I used to hit for 4.5k with it while running some stupid troll celestial build. And what did they give us in return? Some boons we don't actually need because they get stolen, corrupted or stripped anyway.

We got a bunch of things in return, a trait that fixes my complaints with energy, access to perma-25 might, and sword 4 hitting for 6-8k and another shadowstep. I don't understand everyone's problem.

Because it was...Imagine removing Mug from Steal from the game.

@All Matters Fecal.9560 said:We got a bunch of things in return, a trait that fixes my complaints with energy, access to perma-25 might, and sword 4 hitting for 6-8k and another shadowstep. I don't understand everyone's problem.

1. The trait that "fixes" your energy complaint (I'm guessing the GM that adds 25) is garbage, no one will take it over Roiling Mists.
  2. We already had access to perma-25 might if you took Nefarious Momentum. I don't think a single power rev has asked for more overall damage since last patch. The only real benefit to this trait is that it allows possibility for Invocation + Retribution Herald without hitting like a wet noodle (tried it, still kinda hits like a wet noodle).
  3. Never used OH sword much, but sword 4 lost a useful block...Why couldn't they just buff the second skill without removing the block? The new sword 4 is WAY too obvious, it hits hard but good luck hitting anyone (common theme with revenant without Equilibrium). Sword 5 is an awkward version of thief Cloak and Dagger -> Steal -> Backstab in one skill, except steal is 600 range, the Cloak and Dagger hits EXTREMELY weak, and the backstab will always miss because its too slow.
  4. I'll be honest, we probably GAINED in total damage. But all of our METHODS of landing damage are extremely slow, obvious, and easily avoidable. Power revenant match ups against slippery builds where instant AoE damage is critical will suffer I believe (power thief, mesmer).

@narcx.3570 said:

Haven't used Equilibrium since this trait was reworked... It's so crazy strong with Herald. Even more so now.

@Oroborus.3254 said:

Not sure how you're power stacking 25 might and staying over 50 energy to proc your Eq, but more power to you.

Personally, I'd rather just get my instant 25 might, use my 50 energy to blow somebody up, and move on to the next +1.

You just don't understand how revenant works.

Equilibrium was our only way to make unfavorable matchups somewhat bearable, like the Thief one. Now we have nothing. It was very good with Glint, which is an almost free legend, how do you even blow your energy on this legend for burst? You don't, except for Equ.

But what I can't understand is why did they have to remove it? Why not remove Rapid Flow, something nobody uses, ever?

@Gandarel.5091 said:

@narcx.3570 said:

@Oroborus.3254 said:

But what I can't understand is why did they have to remove it? Why not remove Rapid Flow, something nobody uses, ever?

What I don't understand is how the person that created Spirit Boon has a job.

@Arkantos.7460 said:no thanks , never used in tpvp

Well, equilibrium and good energy management was what made this class stay afloat in PvP so maybe you should have used it.

Anet lowered the skill cap of power rev while also lowering its carry potential, now you just have perma 25 might with no effort due to Incensed Response instead of having to stack it with Nefarious Momentum. Now energy management doesn't matter anymore either. You aren't rewarded for NOT wasting your energy anymore. Might as well let it drain to zero and press every skill on the bar.

Reducing the distance between good and bad revs while decreasing the class effectiveness as a whole is an abysmal idea.

Not to mention whoever decided that Equilibrium would be replaced by Spirit Boon (the worst trait ive ever seen) instead of Song of the Mists made another terrible design decision.

Making all revenants do the same boring thing with little difference between the good ones and bad ones is 0/10 game design.

Generally, the theme for a while has been moving power revenant away from burst damage/burst-and-run towards more autoattacking (sustainable damage). It shifts the class more towards on-point fighter, but our defense didn't follow the powercreep of PoF to support this playstyle which you can definitely feel if you have no support to help you out. Changes as simple as making Cleansing Channel 2 condition cleanse instead of 1 would've helped.

Equilibrium change was unecessary, if anything I'd point towards the might on fury trait for a change. Energy treshold on grandmasters didn't work well in practice, but Equilibrium as a sole 50 energy treshold trait had a place. It wasn't really hard to use, like the treshold grandmasters, but simply required some planning ahead.

And a quick note on sword - if sword #4 still had block and #5 stayed as it is after the rework (at 15 energy maybe), it would've been an actual alternative to Axe. Both would have a mobility skill and then one could come with a good CC while the other with personal defense, whatever is needed more.

Archived