Necessary "Balance" Rage thread

Hooglese.4860

So, what pissed you off the most about this balance patch? I'll give a quick run down of what I thought was ___ (Lets just say the entirety of the internet doesn't have enough kittens to fill that blank space).

• Nerfed condi damage output from mace
  • Removed the one good skill from sword off-hand (the block)
  • Didn't address any of the problems Renegade has.
  • Nerfed Renegade
  • Nerfed power revenant by removing equilibrium and cruel repercussions..

I mean, I jokingly said they were going to nerf revenant yesterday, but kudos to the dev team. They really don't want us playing this class, I get it. I'll switch back to being a Mesmer main, it's cool.

@Buran.3796 said:

@Hooglese.4860 said:
  • Removed the one good skill from sword off-hand (the block)

I don't play off hand sword but as I largely explained in the patch notes thread this change was stupid and will bury both core Rev and future specs at any related to PvP/WvW.

Yeah, I agree with your points entirely. They may as well make it so that you can't remove Herald from your build.

The trivial changes to Kalla stance really pisses me off. They had all this time to make Kalla useful and they tweaked alacrity and lasting legacy. Spirits are still able to be CC'd. A few number tweaks on Shortbow won't help. It will still be useless in pvp/wvw. Overall, a very disappointing balance patch for rev.

-Nerfed core mace for no reason other than to make Renegade look better.

-Bandaid number fixes to shortbow instead of fixing the clunky shortbow skills themselves (sevenshot needs to be completely changed, and spiritcrush takes too long to land).

-Cruel Repercussions and Equilibrium replaced with pointless boon/condi spam traits.

• They fixed offhand sword's "identity crisis" by making it a worse offhand axe. Deathstrike's 20 energy and 20 sec cd are ridiculous for the minimal increase over frigid blitz. Even when not comparing it to frigid blitz, having a weapon skill with both a 20 energy cost and a 20 sec cd is too much. A long time ago rev's used to have strong skills. Now revenant was weak skills with high energy costs and high cooldows.

-Revenant still has laughable condi cleanse for some silly balance reason. Meanwhile everyone else gets their already fine condi cleanses buffed. Slotting Cauterize on holosmith for example now lets you cleanse up to 6 kitten conditions when above 50% energy. 6 conditions cleansed just from the utility skill. An engineer with 1 skill can cleanse 6 kitten conditions when a revenant with all skills/traits combined, besides the tablet elite, can cleanse just10 total (2 from staff, 3 dwarf heal, 3 tablet condi cleanse, 1 on dodge, 1 on legend swap). Not to mention that the 10 rev condi cleanses require 2 specific trait lines, 1 specific weapon, energy, endurance to dodge, and switching legends.

It's definitely that spirits can be killed and cced. Pick one or the other please.

The other is the damage nerfs to mace and renegade. I really hope it's still viable.

Otherwise, I enjoy the patch. I'm feeling less insane condi pressure in pvp, and any meta focused on direct damage will leave herald at least viable. So I'm glad I can go back to rev for this next season.

Ya.. Anet was more concerned with lowering dps output on condi build using Renegade than fixing anything Renegade has broken. The kittening around unnecessarily in the invocation line did not produce anything of use. Only the new trait instead of Cruel Reprecutions seem useful. The others range are either weak or compete with none substituteable traits, like Roiling Mists.

If I was a betting man, I would have bet Rev was gonna be buffed this patch. How it ended up being nerfed, even though Rev presence in PvP is none existent is beyond me.

Pure incompetence to not only completely delete Equilibrium but to replace it with an incredibly trash trait. Oh wow, switching to Glint, I can get the same amount of protection as pressing my facet of chaos once. Oh wow, switching to Shiro, I can get 2 stacks of might when I already had 25, amazing! They couldn't even put Song of the Mists, a trait that functions somewhat like the old Equilibrium, in its place.

You'd think that they'd at least prefer to take us out to dinner before bending us over. Also still no condi cleanse yay

I say this in the most nice way that I can. You stupid stupid people. This is the best Revenant patch EVER. You guys completely missed the highlight of the patch. Feast you're eyes on "charged mists" and you may have a change of heart. As for the balance tweeks to mace I can understand the nerf as for the shortbow still being lackluster I can agree with and renegade legend is pretty crap still because the summoning die. But all is forgiven in my eyes because of "charged mists".

shame just shame

it just means anet dont have the budget and the right staff to make any good changes. they went for small and unnecessary changes which as everyone saw is a nerf a big nerf.

no block on sword??? less dmg on sword????bit more nrg with invocation, more boons which will corrupt, no condition management

no change to renegade beside bit more 100 dmg tick to sevenshot.

its clear - renegade is pve. revenant is dead in pvp

@Lionwait.4815 said:I say this in the most nice way that I can. You stupid stupid people. This is the best Revenant patch EVER. You guys completely missed the highlight of the patch. Feast you're eyes on "charged mists" and you may have a change of heart. As for the balance tweeks to mace I can understand the nerf as for the shortbow still being lackluster I can agree with and renegade legend is pretty crap still because the summoning die. But all is forgiven in my eyes because of "charged mists".

A bandaid fix for revenant's energy problems doesn't solve the underlying issues nor does it excuse the nerfs received this patch. All that trait does is pigeonhole the class further, not to mention that it competes with Roiling Strike as a grandmaster trait.

@Xolas.9781 said:

@Lionwait.4815 said:I say this in the most nice way that I can. You stupid stupid people. This is the best Revenant patch EVER. You guys completely missed the highlight of the patch. Feast you're eyes on "charged mists" and you may have a change of heart. As for the balance tweeks to mace I can understand the nerf as for the shortbow still being lackluster I can agree with and renegade legend is pretty crap still because the summoning die. But all is forgiven in my eyes because of "charged mists".

A bandaid fix for revenant's energy problems doesn't solve the underlying issues nor does it excuse the nerfs received this patch. All that trait does is pigeonhole the class further, not to mention that it competes with Roiling Strike as a grandmaster trait.

This whole patch for revenant feels like an attempt at a bandaid fix and that's all they've been trying for the past couple years. At this point, Revenant feels like the Jontron bit about the flex-seal in the bucket

the bit goes till 8:15s)

The most? That's a tough one. Spirits literally not even being looked at is pretty infuriating, SB getting a few tiny number adjustments instead of being reworked/fixed is annoying, core Rev now only having a single weapon block skill is alarming, Lasting Legacy getting smashed with the nerf bat instead of the other two useless ones getting buffed is mindboggling, mace getting nerfed out of nowhere is frustrating, but the various aneurysm inducing idiocies in the Invocation line take the cake for me personally.

@Lionwait.4815 said:I say this in the most nice way that I can. You stupid stupid people. This is the best Revenant patch EVER. You guys completely missed the highlight of the patch.

The highlight of the patch is _Full Counter _nerfed from 8 to 12 seconds cd. Any improvement in the Herald role comes from that Warrior nerf.

I can get why people may be mad for not fixing a lot of problems we have all been talking about, but they did try and add some synergy, or at least more incentive to switch legends. Nobody really used off-hand sword anyway, it was a lesser version of the shield and if you're running power you're most likely as herald so I think giving it a gap closer is a positive and will make playing more thief like. Also you can switch to another defensive set if needed. I liked that they switched up some traits too, never cared for many rev traits so I'll be testing these out. The echoing eruption nerf sucks, but come on rev can still apply 25 stacks of torment on its own. It's not an unreasonable nerf in terms of ability to apply torment being way too fast.

It's clear the balance team has no idea what they're doing in regards to PvP, and care 95% about PvE. It felt like one of those old school random ANET patches where they just pick things out of a hat and change them for no reason whatsoever. Just reroll to holosmith, it is power rev 2.0 and has more options.

The removal of equilibrium was extremely unnecessary, but not a SINGLE god damn mention of condi cleansing on rev was what actually boggled my mind the most.Sure rev is supposed to be weak against condis, but that doesn't imply it should be straight up impossible to play against anything condi related.

@ScottBroChill.3254 said:Nobody really used off-hand sword anyway, it was a lesser version of the shield and if you're running power you're most likely as herald so I think giving it a gap closer is a positive and will make playing more thief like.

Axe was already the OH used on Herald and it has a far superior gap closer than sword OH (plus cc). The only thing this update did was take away our mobile block (that doesn't combat lock you) and fix the horrible sword 5 (but that cc will be missed). Sword 4, in terms of dps, is a slight increase since axe was never really used in rotation anyway (pve focused). Plus, I preferred sword's block to Crystal hibernation any day.

@Loboling.5293 said:So I did a bunch of testing, and we're still hard countered by condies, but if I get into a pvp match, and the enemy team has no scourge. I can hold my own. Otherwise, kitten, I wish I didn't love the theme of this class so much.

I found the same. It's fine if there aren't any scourges but I only got one game with no scourges so far and 4 with two on both sides.

Archived