Thief and Necro

Strider Pj.2193

@X T D.6458 said:It makes sense for them to move Reaper towards a more power based role now that Scourge is out. I think DE still needs a nerf on damage.

Not gonna argue, but deadeyenis a power build. They removed the ability to mark just any target. If you get marked and don't pay attention to the damage dealing DJ now.., sorry, but that is part of the game.

If you are marked, you know it's coming and have 10-20 seconds to maneuver

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@X T D.6458 said:It makes sense for them to move Reaper towards a more power based role now that Scourge is out. I think DE still needs a nerf on damage.

Not gonna argue, but deadeyenis a power build. They removed the ability to mark just any target. If you get marked and don't pay attention to the damage dealing DJ now.., sorry, but that is part of the game.

Didn't say it shouldn't do high damage, but some skills that do way too much damage need to be toned down. I haven't personally had issues with it, but I remember seeing a screenshot posted here of someone playing on a warrior being hit by 30k? Yea that's kind of ridiculous for any skill to come anywhere near that amount of damage.

@X T D.6458 said:

Didn't say it shouldn't do high damage, but some skills that do way too much damage need to be toned down. I haven't personally had issues with it, but I remember seeing a screenshot posted here of someone playing on a warrior being hit by 30k? Yea that's kind of ridiculous for any skill to come anywhere near that amount of damage.

Maybe so..

I think that is the way it was intended. Marking other targets wasn't.

I don't know. If I die to it now with the change I figure I likely wasn't paying enough attention. Will be interesting though.

They did address some of the condi though, and people should see the reaper spam has been neutered.

I do like how the power has been buffed. Might break out my reaper again for roaming as before, shouts kinda felt dirty lol.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

Maybe so..

I don't know. If I die to it now with the change I figure I likely wasn't paying enough attention. Will be interesting though.

They did address some of the condi though, and people should see the reaper spam has been neutered.

I do like how the power has been buffed. Might break out my reaper again for roaming as before, shouts kinda felt dirty lol.

Doing high burst damage while invisible has always been just terrible design imo. Power Reaper might be useful in WvW, maybe we will see well necros come back.

@X T D.6458 said:

Maybe so..

Doing high burst damage while invisible has always been just terrible design imo. Power Reaper might be useful in WvW, maybe we will see well necros come back.

That's what I am talking about!! I miss that.

I guess my point on DE is that you have to be marked for 15-21 seconds to get that level of damage. That's gonna take a patient as hell thief.. which seems like a oxymoron.

I can kill two people with DD in that time.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

Maybe so..

That's what I am talking about!! I miss that.

I guess my point on DE is that you have to be marked for 15-21 seconds to get that level of damage. That's gonna take a patient as hell thief.. which seems like a oxymoron.

I can kill two people with DD in that time.

Promoting Risk+Reward.... why notyet still, redesigning thief is the solution wvw+pvp need to be competitive. (Now that Deadeye has been dealt with at the least, Daredevil and Thief should also be held accountable for their roles of toxicity in wvw and pvp.)

the change with mark only is an issue with classes that can fast counter burst if we speak about a 1 on 1 scenario. like thief , mesmer , ranger as you have to tell them that you are going to shoot them so they can prepare to get you wich is risky, against other targets you can just try till you hit and you dont need DJ as you can 'safely' go out of stealth. most of those thief/mesmer/ranger you can oneshotwith backstab tho so its fine. but in a group fight you need to burst the marked target when malice is up even if an other target would be better or you just wasted 30s of mark.so i will switch more often back to daredevil or for groups to my mirage :D

@X T D.6458 said:

Maybe so..

Well, maybe if they didn't effectively kill staff acro, kill s/p DD, nerf the heck out of unhindered combatant then stealth spam wouldn't be inviting. They're actively pushing thieves to play stealth spam again. :/

Archived