Why on earth would you nerf Phalanx Strength rather...

Oglaf.1074

They did both to equalize it. Druid got a change to Grace of the Land (that most ranger players hate) changing their unique damage buff to a might stacking mechanic, and Deadeye has Fire for Effect also changed to be equivalent (ideally) to PS in terms of might stacking ability.

Also, this will allow more build diversity in group content. War won't be so pigeonholed....

@bearshaman.3421 said:They did both to equalize it. Druid got a change to Grace of the Land (that most ranger players hate) changing their unique damage buff to a might stacking mechanic, and Deadeye has Fire for Effect also changed to be equivalent (ideally) to PS in terms of might stacking ability.

Also, this will allow more build diversity in group content. War won't be so pigeonholed....

Well, Condition Berserker can do 32k DPS while taking both banners and supplying some might through Fire Fields. We need to test to see if Power Warrior with both banners and Kick can pump out 32k DPS as well. Warrior got a new 33% damage modifier (from an adept trait mind you) and Axe got some love. Once the rotation is worked out, I believe Power Berserker will be able to reach at least 30k DPS.

• 1 month later...

@Dadnir.5038 said:

@"DiscipleofLaw.3796" said:So what build is better than phalanx strength now?

Now the warrior became the "bannerbro"! Same build as before except you take "PS" (
Powerfull synergy
) instead of "PS" (
Phallanx strength
).

Which is kinda crap. I really wish that Empower Allies was in another skill tree so that we didn't have to stick with picking between such terrible Grandmasters.

@Grok Krog.9581 said:

@Oglaf.1074 said:We all know that the 32k DPS is highly unrealistic in an actual raid scenario though.

Well, the test would be using Realistic buffs in Training Area. I'm going to test both set ups tonight.

What DPS did you end up getting?

@Oglaf.1074 said:We all know that the 32k DPS is highly unrealistic in an actual raid scenario though.

Well, the test would be using Realistic buffs in Training Area. I'm going to test both set ups tonight.

Condi DPS Warrior (no banners) is 31k DPS small hitbox and 36k DPS large hit box. Power warrior still sucks.

@Mikeskies.1536 said:We need to test to see if Power Warrior with both banners and Kick can pump out 32k DPS as well. Warrior got a new 33% damage modifier (from an adept trait mind you) and Axe got some love. Once the rotation is worked out, I believe Power Berserker will be able to reach at least 30k DPS.

It can'tPower warrior is still garbage, don't get your hopes up ;-;

@Oglaf.1074 said:...than take a look at, and buff, the group Might stacking capabilities of other classes? Warrior didn't need a kick to the nards to bring us down, other classes need a kick to the butt to bring them up to our level.

They did both ... I suspect they ain't done either because there is never just one patch of changes. Frankly, handing out 25 stacks of might is stupid in the first place. It makes might a cheap nothing buff.

@Mikeskies.1536 said:

Condi DPS Warrior (no banners) is 31k DPS small hitbox and 36k DPS large hit box. Power warrior still sucks.

I was curious about the power numbers

@Oglaf.1074 said:

@Vagrant.7206 said:Did you want to stay as a permanent PS for the rest of your life? Bringing up other classes' ability to stack might and reducing warrior gives warrior the opportunity to do something else.

Yeah - being a Bannerkitten.

Such options. Much wow.

If you want options, you have to be willing to play other classes. GW2 has never been known to have many options for a class if you restrict yourself to meta builds.

@Grok Krog.9581 said:

I was curious about the power numbers

24k DPS tops.

@Obtena.7952 said:

@Vagrant.7206 said:Did you want to stay as a permanent PS for the rest of your life? Bringing up other classes' ability to stack might and reducing warrior gives warrior the opportunity to do something else.

Yeah - being a Bannerkitten.

Such options. Much wow.

If you want options, you have to be willing to play other classes. GW2 has never been known to have many options for a class if you restrict yourself to meta builds.

Except that most other classes have tons of viable raid builds (and roles!) that are within the meta. Warrior is one of few classes pigeon-holed into one narrow role like this.

Try again.

@bearshaman.3421 said:

@bearshaman.3421 said:(that most ranger players hate)

[citation needed]

Unique damage buff changed to might stacking, like everyone else?

So?, the fact they made way to other healer specs that don't have access to unique buffs is an overall improvement. Saying most rangers hate or love X Is objectively false since you can't speak for most.

Even then druids still have spirits, spotter and GoE.

@Lunateric.3708 said:

[citation needed]

So?, the fact they made way to other healer specs that don't have access to unique buffs is an overall improvement. Saying most rangers hate or love X Is objectively false since you can't speak for most.

When the change was made, the conversations I observed in the ranger threads were universally negative about it. That's what I am basing that on. Spotter is a unique buff, but for a druid build it's an entire traitline for that one trait.

@bearshaman.3421 said:

[citation needed]

When the change was made, the conversations I observed in the ranger threads were universally negative about it. That's what I am basing that on. Spotter is a unique buff, but for a druid build it's an entire traitline for that one trait.

A trait that now lets you might stack a whole squad if you're on top of things. Try asking in Reddit if the change is seen as negative for example.

Archived