Invocation = Trickery Now

Lonewolf Kai.3682

@Justine.6351 said:People who were taking invocation were already taking invocation. This didn't change anything in that respect. BUT, people may choose something other than Roiling Mists.Correct, but what about those that didn't take Invocation? It'd be stupid not to now. It already was borderline stupid not to take it, but now, it's mandatory.

@Justine.6351 said:People who were taking invocation were already taking invocation. This didn't change anything in that respect. BUT, people may choose something other than Roiling Mists.

That will not happen. Roiling mists is superior in every possible scenario. So what was the point of remaking the other two traits?!

@Nivik.2961 said:K...so if it's better, get happy and go smash. Now we even complain when they roll out something great? I'm confused man.

Hardly, it lost a lot of the Burst Damage that Rev needs to be even remotely viable in 2/3rds Of the Game you know WvW and PvP. Now it’s not even viable in PvE group content or WvW/PvP in a Power Damage role, besides Hammer Zerg spam which even that saw a large nerf with these changes.

@otto.5684 said:

@Justine.6351 said:People who were taking invocation were already taking invocation. This didn't change anything in that respect. BUT, people may choose something other than Roiling Mists.

That will not happen. Roiling mists is superior in every possible scenario. So what was the point of remaking the other two traits?!

Roiling Mists kept people out of marauders. Now they might take that as a trade off for more energy and new combinations on swap. 25e is no small potatoes.

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

@Nivik.2961 said:K...so if it's better, get happy and go smash. Now we even complain when they roll out something great? I'm confused man.

Hardly, it lost a lot of the Burst Damage that Rev needs to be even remotely viable in 2/3rds Of the Game you know WvW and PvP. Now it’s not even viable in PvE group content or WvW/PvP in a Power Damage role, besides Hammer Zerg spam which even that saw a large nerf with these changes.

I've been playing necro lately, but I like my rev too. How does this affect WvW revs? Is it really that bad?

@xarallei.4279 said:

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

I've been playing necro lately, but I like my rev too. How does this affect WvW revs? Is it really that bad?

A lot of Burst is gone on both Roaming and Zerg builds, but it has more consistency if played right, I’m ok with the trade off now that I have played it and got used to it, definitely a different mindset for playing but It hurts Zerg build the most for Rev but I don’t play that so I’m ok.

Haven’t tested Pvp yet

Since October of the last year didn't play any power build outside Devastation + Invocation + Herald. In terms of build diversity the only choices were what off hand to use, whether or not to use hammer and which runes to use between durability, leathership or surging. But is true that now there's even fewer options.

@xarallei.4279 said:

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

Charged mist is actually pretty good in WvW, but builds will become dependent on it because of the extra 25 energy you get now.

The nerds overall really hurt the Rev in WvW however. And, in my experience, the off hand sword block removal forces the Rev to stay back line only and never anywhere else.

Archived