Merchants are gone from Amnoon

Image.8630

+1In particular I was looking for the Black Diamonds exchanger (since, from patch note "The old item, as well as the account-bound Brandspark Jewel and Sunset Jewel items, can be traded with some vendors in the Free City of Amnoon in exchange for the useful Black Diamond crafting material.") but I can't find it anywhere :(

@Zaraki.5784 said:+1In particular I was looking for the Black Diamonds exchanger (since, from patch note "The old item, as well as the account-bound Brandspark Jewel and Sunset Jewel items, can be traded with some vendors in the Free City of Amnoon in exchange for the useful Black Diamond crafting material.") but I can't find it anywhere :(

It's the merchant beside the bank NPCs at Amnoon.

@Skywind.5429 said:

@Zaraki.5784 said:+1In particular I was looking for the Black Diamonds exchanger (since, from patch note "The old item, as well as the account-bound Brandspark Jewel and Sunset Jewel items, can be traded with some vendors in the Free City of Amnoon in exchange for the useful Black Diamond crafting material.") but I can't find it anywhere :(

It's the merchant beside the bank NPCs at Amnoon.

Maybe I'm just blind but I can't find any merchant beside the bank NPCs...

Edit: asking in map chat, people told that it was beside bank indeed, but was disabled short after.Maybe an official annoncement from Anet in "News & Announcements" would've been nice...

Would have been nice to get an announcement on this. Considering the game just announced steward sells new recipes and unlocking that steward was a huge pain. This was the second day I looked for him and saw other players standing there. When I asked them if steward is here, they said he's supposed to be but appeared to be gone. We all clueless here.

I guess in pretty much all cases an "exploit" is based on a bug (definiton on wikipedia says "A software bug is an error, flaw, failure or fault in a computer program or system that causes it to produce an incorrect or unexpected result, or to behave in unintended ways"). So I see nothing bad in calling it a bug instead of an exploit.

As Sojourner already noted, these merchants had items for sale which either were not indended/expected to be usable in the mystic forge, or prices which were too low. The unxpected result was that people were able to buy massive amounts of those things and throw them in the forge for profit.

They would probably also have fixed that if they had known about it before people started exploiting it, but after someone posted the exploit for everyone to see on the forum they had to act very quickly and likely because of that also did not have the time to prepare an official announcement.

@kKagari.6804 said:Merchant NPCs should take a break every now and then anyways. It adds to the immersion.

That was literally my first reaction when I went to sell some things in Amnoon after patching. "Oh, they're using the bathroom" (Okay, to be serious, my actual line was a bit more vulgar, but I haven't checked to see if the forums are filtered or not).

@Ana.2415 said:Are they gonna back soon?

They are gone for 4 days already. I'm still waiting for Primeval Steward, so I can buy my funerary weapons :(

It's making me frustrated with the game. It took forever to unlock the steward and his armor and now he has new items to sell too. But nope, poof. Vendor removed for better part of the week so far and not a single announcement. It's like the game is trolling players.

@Redfeather.6401 said:

@Ana.2415 said:Are they gonna back
soon
?

They are gone for 4 days already. I'm still waiting for Primeval Steward, so I can buy my funerary weapons :(

It's making me frustrated with the game. It took forever to unlock the steward and his armor and now he has new items to sell too. But nope, poof. Vendor removed for better part of the week so far and not a single announcement. It's like the game is trolling players.

I wouldn't expect him back before Tuesday now that it's the weekend and patches usually go out on Tuesdays - Friday.

What I mean is, I doubt the devs will be working over the weekend to fix the bug.

@EagleDelta.4726 said:

@Redfeather.6401 said:

@Ana.2415 said:Are they gonna back
soon
?

I wouldn't expect him back before Tuesday now that it's the weekend and patches usually go out on Tuesdays - Friday.

What I mean is, I doubt the devs will be working over the weekend to fix the bug.

Yeah..I must agree...but its annoying to see bug fixes from 10.11, and this...yeah big exploit but realy small bug is of for how long? 5 days? And all what was needed to do was atleast lock only that trinkets and ring from vendor.....dont disable vendor at all....And even in this situacion....how many work you need to do to give these thinks some normal price?

Archived