Weaver is still awful in spvp

cursE.1794

The most requested change I see in the forums is sword improvements which were delivered in the patch. I'm not sure if those improvements are good enough, but the community will figure that out soon enough.

Other changes requested deal with the dual attune mechanic which definitely won't change based upon ANet's reddit feedback.

Sword weaver is a lot better than it used to be, but the core mechanic of weaver is still a net negative in any situation where you have to reactively switch attunements.

Especially in PvP, being range-locked means that there's a pretty large set of builds you just can't be in a melee-range fight with (teamfight or 1v1) as the lowest-health class in the game, like scourge or any warrior, and any deadeye or longbow ranger will slaughter you with little effort.

Unravel still sucks brutally too, all they need to do is tack auras or something onto it and it won't be such a sacrifice to slot.

@"P Fun Daddy.1208" said:Sword weaver is a lot better than it used to be, but the core mechanic of weaver is still a net negative in any situation where you have to reactively switch attunements.

Especially in PvP, being range-locked means that there's a pretty large set of builds you just can't be in a melee-range fight with (teamfight or 1v1) as the lowest-health class in the game, like scourge or any warrior, and any deadeye or longbow ranger will slaughter you with little effort.

Unravel still sucks brutally too, all they need to do is tack auras or something onto it and it won't be such a sacrifice to slot.

That is why as a Weaver in pvp you want to use sword.Most core ele defense and engage skills are on #3 and offhand slots (auras, evades, heals, invuls). Sword brings 2 evades and one port to slot #2.earth #2 and water #2 on sword are what makes sword weaver viable on pvp. And upon the next att swap you get your water or earth offhand for defense, heal, or cc.Its very different from the core ele but its not a "net negative"

@lucadiro.4519 said:Have you guys tried linghting rod build with sw/f and earth shield?

I play lightning rod,i think i will give a try to earth shield tomorrow in spvp before i start ranked.

I m just not really ok to give up arcane blast or twist of fate for it but it can be fun after all.

@Flarre.4850 said:

@lucadiro.4519 said:Have you guys tried linghting rod build with sw/f and earth shield?

I play lightning rod,i think i will give a try to earth shield tomorrow in spvp before i start ranked.

I m just not really ok to give up arcane blast or twist of fate for it but it can be fun after all.

Well actually I think I would drop arcane blast (and maybe also arcane trait line for water) since earth shield give you 2 LR proc for make up for the dps lost from arcane blast and the trait, while the survability rais up a lot with invulnerabily + block from shield and water traits (yay condi cleans). I would honestly keep twist of fate...Sad we didn’t got a breack stun on shield...

I will also give it a try tomorrow.

woooo s/d got access to a reflect,,,,, but it is through conjure earth shield :( soooo other wise useless VS a thief bursting u from out of stealth because of the time it takes to equip and use the reflect ,,,they might as well just have added a aura to all conjure weps the second u equip them at least than u could reactive reflect a attack by equipping earth shield,,, instead of wasting a utility slot just to try to proactively counter a ranged attack ----lol I just wish conjure weps worked like the engi kits and did not have the time limit or cool down

and conjure great sword got a nerf lol ,,, pretty much the only option besides weave self for a elite lol

@atreyu.9624 said:I might just be failing at sword weaver in PvP (I use it all the time in PvE).

But after trying a couple of unranked with weaver sword, I was like "nope, not doing this". And just went Ranked with the Fresh Air build.

Phantaram was saying typical fa build is still stronger to carry games earlier today.

I think -1 second global attunement cd ,1/2 3rd chain sword auto and a small range buff to sword would go a long way for weaver.

@lLobo.7960 said:

@"P Fun Daddy.1208" said:Sword weaver is a lot better than it used to be, but the core mechanic of weaver is still a net negative in any situation where you have to reactively switch attunements.

That is why as a Weaver in pvp you want to use sword.Most core ele defense and engage skills are on #3 and offhand slots (auras, evades, heals, invuls). Sword brings 2 evades and one port to slot #2.earth #2 and water #2 on sword are what makes sword weaver viable on pvp. And upon the next att swap you get your water or earth offhand for defense, heal, or cc.Its very different from the core ele but its not a "net negative"

Viable is a bit of a strong word. You'll work twice as hard and never get as good a reward as one of the other PoF specs, which to be fair could be more of a problem with the PoF specs than weaver.

@juno.1840 said:The most requested change I see in the forums is sword improvements which were delivered in the patch. I'm not sure if those improvements are good enough, but the community will figure that out soon enough.

Other changes requested deal with the dual attune mechanic which definitely won't change based upon ANet's reddit feedback.

Ya i was hopping they would at least lets weaver do full swaps but what they did for sword seems good. Even the earth shield on a weaver is kind of crazy now.

Weaver is fun but it lack the sustain defenses that elementalist are use to. Its mostly because of the cd on weaver attunement swaps, tempest and core ele has alot of synergy related with being able to swap attunements at will. The dual skill barriers are weaker than the reactive attunement swap heals. Still weavers have the highest burst damage of any ele spec.

Archived